“Very warm stay”
Review of Elif Star Caves

Elif Star Caves
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It's extremely nice family run hotel. Had loads of support, trip advice, warm teas free of charge, etc. We had our camping stove with us and we were aloud to share the kitchen and cook our own meals in the amazing communal dining room / reception / kitchen. It was very cold outdoors and this place was an amazingly warm refuge. Had a very good sleep in one of the cave rooms. So quiet and nice. Highly recommend the place.
Aigars & Lija

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AigarsLauzis

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have spent two nights there with three more people in the cuadruple room. From my point of view the hotel has many wonderful things:

-Hospitality. People are very kind and help you with any doubt you have or anything you need. They recommended us things to do, helped us to choose a good tour in Cappadocia, printed our boarding passes, offered us all time tea and coffee,...

- The room was amazing. It was a real cave and it was very nice and clean. We had a private bathroom which was also very clean. They replaced shampoo and gel every day. They also gave us towels. In the room there was a small table with a kettle, tea and cups to have tea everytime you want.

- Breakfast. Breakfast is included in the price and I really liked it. It is the typical Turkish breakfast: black olives, tomato, cucumber, cheese, bread, cold meat, a piece of cake and packets of honey, butter and cacao cream.

From my point of view the hotel is very cheap having into account all the facilities they offer you.

I would go back without thinking twice!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Manmen S
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We are a couple traveling in Turkey for two weeks and after staying at Elif Star Caves every other hotel in that price range felt lame.

From the moment we were picked up at the airport the service was excelent. The transfer fee was respected as agreed with the hotel's manager, no hiden

charges or trying to get more money in the last minute, as it has happened in other places.

At the beginning I was a bit suspicious about the manager's politenes and his drive towards customer satisfaction but then we relized that he (Kadir) is

highly educated in management and capable to comunicate with his guests in at least Turkish, English and Spanish.

Kadir gave us good advise on what to do, making the best combination of activities when taking a guided tour, or folowing a route by ourselves; advising on

the best weather conditions for baloon flights and for the bus transportation to Ankara. He was never pushing to take any of those, and if we decided not to, our decision was respected (there was not the smallest sign of hostility as it has happened to us in many other places).

When I was making the trip reservations, I was a bit suspicious of sleeping inside a cave that was carved on the side of one of the mountains in Goreme, i

thought it to be unconfortable and claustrophobic. Reviews at trip advisor were good so I decided to take the risk. I can now say that I was wrong. The

room was spacious (for a cave), the bed was very confortable, the en-suite bathroom had very hot water and the view from the floors terrace was superb as you could see directly Uchisar castle and the rock formations in the valley.

Location wise the place is ideal. It is located on the route from/to the Pigeon Valley and very close to all other hicking routes. The bus station and city

center is located at 7 mins walk. There you can find plenty of restaurants.

The food at the hotel is traditional Turkish home made, very good taste and fresh, since all ingredients are normally bought before the dinner is prepared.

The environment at the hotel was very pleasant and with all other positive points it was a great found for accomodation. We planned to be in Goreme

for 3 nights, but with the magic of the place together with the enjoyable stay at the hotel, we decided to stay one more night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlos C
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two days and one night here and it was fantastic. Our room was half cave half room which is exactly what you want to experience in Cappadocia. The best part of our experience was Kadir, who runs the hostel. He speaks at least four languages and did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. Our balloon ride was cancelled due to weather which means I will have to return someday. When that happens, I will definitely stay at Elif Star.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean V
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the best that i ever visited. Although we stayed in a cave room, it was very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The owner of this hotel offered to cook dinner for a reasonable price. The owner is a licensed tour guide and on our first and second day, he took us on a tour around cappadocia with a reasonable price. He was very nice and helped us, in anyway he could. Personally, i would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mirza89
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I cannot begın to descrıbe how wonderful of a tıme we had ın thıs place. The famıly that runs the place was amazıng. We got our room upgraded for free. The breakfast was amazıng. They helped us coordınate all of our excursıons and even helped plan out our flıghts and shuttles to the aırport. We were even gıven a personal tour of the area and he used to be a guıde as a professıon so he ıs very knowledgeable and knows the area very well. They really went the extra mıle to take care of us and make sure we had what we needed and saw and experıenced what we wanted. I would never choose to stay anywhere else. We have been travellıng for 4 months and thıs has been the absolute best experıence.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kendra W
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked this room through a travel agent. I stayed in November 2013, and it was amazing. I see why my travel agent spoke so highly of the place. It was an amazing value for the price (I stayed in the dorm room, but it was relatively empty so I had the room mostly to myself). The breakfast was good, and the staff and manager were very friendly. I even slept in one day and missed breakfast by a couple hours, but the manager said no problem and willingly offered me a whole plate! Great place to stay, good location, overall A+.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo