“THE GOOD THİNG LOCATİON THE BAD THING LOCATİON”

Tourist Hotel & Resort Cappadocia
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The good thing: location; the bad thing: location.

Conveniently located behind the OPEN AİR MUSEUM , this hotel is perfect for the traveler who seeks to explore the cappadocia area of nevsehir where bulk of the tourist sites are. I stayed there for 3 nights from Dec 31 till Jan 3 and everyday, walking past the göreme open air museum was an amazing experience; the grandeur and beauty of cappadkia really strikes me.

The nearest station is also nearby ürgüp and if you want to visit the Bazaar, Market or AVANOS this hotel is perfect as the base for you.

However, I realized that most of the restaurants near this hotel are mostly tourist centric and after speaking to a few locals, most of them told me that the old district is indeed catered mostly to tourists and if one wants to dine more like a local, the GÖREME district is a better fit. That said, I had to make my way to the UCHİSARdistrict by walkevery day I was there as I simply refuse to be part of the whole tourist trap dining circuit in cappadokia..

The hotel itself is very comfy and the beds provided a soulful sleep for me. However, if you, like me, got a room that has a door to connect to the next room, then be prepared to hear some of the noises from your neighbor. For the price of $90 a night that I paid through expedia, I find this to be a great hotel for the first time visitor to the amazing area.The staff are helpful and accommodating; what impressed me most was that they actually gave me another room as I got into nevsehir at 5am and checked in at 6am, as such, my original room was not ready. They immediately offered another room for me to rest before calling me in the morning to inform me when my room was ready. services staff from the restaurant was so helpful in explaining the sites and the location and he is a true gem that any guest there should approach! Another plus point is the free wifi in the hotel and rooms! Very fast and reliable connection to plan any last minute itinerary.

However, if i ever return to the city again, I'll like to try a hotel in the tourıst district so that I can zip the area more like a local and escape the touristy sites since I've seen it before.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank cem_hannah
There are newer reviews for Tourist Hotel & Resort Cappadocia

Reviewed January 2, 2011

I am surprised that this hotel has not rated higher on Tripadvisor! We thoroughly enjoyed it. Our rooms were lovely, and the food was very good. Our tour group was originally supposed to be at a Dedeman Hotel in Nevsehir, and were suddenly changed to the Tourist Hotel. Rather than being upset at the change, all 41 passengers felt very fortunate to be in a smaller boutique hotel amongst the history and amazing land formations of Goreme, Cappadocia!! We booked ourselves for a full turkish bath and massage package at the Candles Spa which set the tone for our amazing experience in this region. Next morning we went hot air ballooning. If you have an opportunity to do this - DO IT! (we went with Goreme Balloons).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CanadaMapleSyrup
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I was here on a group tour stay for 2 nights. The hotel's location itself is excellent - sightseeing places like the rock formations, and goreme open air museum were just next door. Plus the hotel was surrounded by these rock formation which made it an ideal spot to capture a picture of the breathtaking scenery.

Although the hotel is kind of small, they bother to make it cozy. There were souvenir shops out in the lobby but they weren't open for business. The hotel had free internet so going on their computers was a popular thing to do.

The room is pretty and cozy, though slightly small. I was very satisfied with the fact that there was a boiler, so that I could make tea, or eat cup noodles. Sleep quality was good, because their beds were comfy and soft.

Food at buffet was horrible. There is little variety, which is not expected of a 4 star hotel. Their potatoes were hard and cold, the beef was good but it ran out before I could take more. Breakfast was interesting, because there was an egg and pancake station there. Sad news is, there was only one chef there, so the queue took FOREVER to clear.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sharmaineyeo
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The hotel was too good to believe. We had Room 3001 , 3002 and 3003. They were all interconnected to a huge party room with a dining area and a fireplace sitout .The French windows opened to our private garden with weeping willows and fir trees.
We were in room 3001 which was the largest with a huge bathroom with a huge modern Jacuzzi and an ancient hammam. Our room also had a cosy love seat to cuddle into.
The Goreme church is a short uphill walk and the Goreme market is closeby… it looks like a scene from a western classic movie.
I bought a Sumack carpet from Galerie Ikman, owner was very friendly and hospitable, he explained all the motifs on the carpet in detail. The market also has quad bikes on rent, wher the kids had a blast on the special quad tracks.
The most fascinating was the Underground City. They have dug tunnels and stayed for months more than 5 floors below , it has stables, wine troughs, narrow exits where shafts of line filter in and bedrooms , altars and kitchens.
We also did the thrill of the Volacnic snow Mt Erciyes straight from the airport before arriving to the hotel. The two level ski lift takes you on top of the world.
Fist time visitorslike us often come with preconceived notions, but this place is unspoilt, unique and innocent. A journey back in time with jaw dropping scenery of conical chimneys and honey combed churches just outside our hotel. The hotel has a magnificient backdrop of the stunning chimney valleys all around us and we were mesmerized when we saw the hot air balloons take off just outside our hotel
The breakfast and dinner were good, lots of desserts, but make sure you are on time or they are very strict about timing,
There was a pool but it was empty, I think in a place so cold you need an indoor pool

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BINAMumbai_India
Reviewed November 10, 2009

My friends and I travelled with a group tour and had enjoyed the stay in this hotel very much...rooms are clean and the air is simply very fresh....most of all...the hotel is located in between the rocks formation of this beautiful region...which makes its a plus point...dinner was good...Cappadocia is beautiful,.....especially the view form the hotair balloon...wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Lovely hotel within the outdoor museum area. Walks among the stone formations nearby. Lovely view of the strange rock formations from the hotel. Convenient for hot air balloon rides.
Loved the egg station (omelets/fried eggs cooked to order) in the included buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Arrived in Goreme at night and need a hotel. This was a beautiful hotel, sitting in the Cappadocia valley ~2km from Goreme Open-Air Museum. The location, reception area, and amenities can't be beat. But, the complimentary breakfast was weak and the hotel rooms (carpeting, furniture beding, sheets) were out dated and old. They have an excellent hamami (Turkish bath), but it was extra. It was a very secure hotel with breath taking views. Not a lot of American Tourist come out there, therefore, only a couple of staff spoke English.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family