“Unsatisfactory staff attitude”

Tourist Hotel & Resort Cappadocia
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed January 14, 2012

My travel partner and I recently stayed at this hotel two nights. Our original intention was to stay there for up to four nights if the services were satisfactory. What originally attracted us to the hotel was its prime location which is near hot air-balloon take-off site as well as the Goreme Open-Air Museum. We were able to enjoy morning air-balloon take-off activities, and so, we are satisfied with the excellent view from the room.

There are, however, some unsatisfactory points which prompted us to decide an early check-out after two days. While the room and food were O.K., services and attitudes of staff, particularly at restaurant, were disappointing for a four-star hotel. The general negative attitudes of staff bothered us most. With the exception of one reception staff, we did not come across with any staff who greeted us with smiling or pleasant faces. Most of them maintained cold faces even when we said greetings towards them. One staff at the restaurant did not even bother to respond to our hellos when we said Turkish hellos to him. During our stay, we never had any disputes or issues with the hotel and staff, so we were quite annoyed by their bad reactions. As a result, we decided to shorten our 4-day stay plan just to two.

I personally feel that it is a shame that staff of a four-star hotel behaved with such an unpleasant manner towards its guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a vally view which can enable you to see air-balloon take-off site as well as ba...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jaewon_11
There are newer reviews for Tourist Hotel & Resort Cappadocia

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Hotel has a very good location - nearly Open Air Museim and path to Red Valley, Rose Valley, small valley of love. We stay in main building. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Very good view on the mountains and at early morning you can see how airballoon starts. We were there 4/01-7/01 and only 10 visitors were in the hotel. So main restaurant was closed and we have meal in the lobby bar - standard breakfast include: one plate with 4 kinds of cheese, tomatoes, cucambers, jem; omlets; cofee. Standard dinner - salad, soup, main dishes, desert. No choice, but service is very good.
I should say about bad - after our departure from hotel (4-45 a.m) two our friends had got bad surprise - some money were stolen from their suitcase (more chance during early last breakfast). I think you should take your many with yours.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank paldn
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel is located in the ideal spot to enjoy this region of Turkey, each morning we got up to the sound of burners filling hot air balloons and the bright colors of 90 plus balloons in the area. The rooms were clean, staff very friendly. Highly recommend doing a hot air balloon adventure.Breakfast was good with made to order dishes. Great chocolate sauce too bad not around any other time than breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank striderjoey
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Unbelievable location - secluded among the cave ruins of Cappadocia. Great pool area, friendly staff, rooms with view of the rock dwellings, great bathrooms with separate scrubbing bench and whirlpool bath. Good breakfast buffet and delicious dinner buffet. Loved this hotel - very comfortable

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank kp14
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nites during May to explore the fairy chimneys in Cappadocia. The hotel is quite large, has modern a/c rooms with flat screen tv and free internet. Our room was a twin bed room on the 2nd floor-quiet ,clean, and spacious. The restaurant was quite good for breakfast and dinner. The hotel has a small pool which was not open. Our room looked out at the Goreme Open Air Park which is a series of rock churches used in 1 AD and is central to other parts of cappadocia in nearby Urgup. Definitely doo a ballon ride for 45 minutes-ours was cut sh ort because of bad weather se t t ing in and we had a abrupt and slightly bumpy landing. Our small group tour guide prevailed and we got a full refund.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed in this hotel very recently, I can only say that don't spend your time with searching any other hotel. Tourist hotel is convenient and very close to town center. It takes 3 mnts to walk to the bars, restaurants and local shops. You can watch all the baloons take off from its terrace. Rooms are lovely(We stayed in room 3002, which was a villa type), staff in the restaurant was great and so helpfull. The only thing dinner buffet wasn't brillant, but it was ok. Breakfast was better than dinner. It was a shame that the weather wasn't warm enough to hang around the pool, it looked very nice doh. Scenary from the hotel terrace was absulately beautiful, you can take lot of pictures from there. We did enjoy our holiday in Cappadocia and Tourist Hotel took a big part of it. I can recommend this hotel to everybody and certainly will be back with our family and friends when the weather is nicer.

Room Tip: Get the villa rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Esra A
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The good thing: location; the bad thing: location.

Conveniently located behind the OPEN AİR MUSEUM , this hotel is perfect for the traveler who seeks to explore the cappadocia area of nevsehir where bulk of the tourist sites are. I stayed there for 3 nights from Dec 31 till Jan 3 and everyday, walking past the göreme open air museum was an amazing experience; the grandeur and beauty of cappadkia really strikes me.

The nearest station is also nearby ürgüp and if you want to visit the Bazaar, Market or AVANOS this hotel is perfect as the base for you.

However, I realized that most of the restaurants near this hotel are mostly tourist centric and after speaking to a few locals, most of them told me that the old district is indeed catered mostly to tourists and if one wants to dine more like a local, the GÖREME district is a better fit. That said, I had to make my way to the UCHİSARdistrict by walkevery day I was there as I simply refuse to be part of the whole tourist trap dining circuit in cappadokia..

The hotel itself is very comfy and the beds provided a soulful sleep for me. However, if you, like me, got a room that has a door to connect to the next room, then be prepared to hear some of the noises from your neighbor. For the price of $90 a night that I paid through expedia, I find this to be a great hotel for the first time visitor to the amazing area.The staff are helpful and accommodating; what impressed me most was that they actually gave me another room as I got into nevsehir at 5am and checked in at 6am, as such, my original room was not ready. They immediately offered another room for me to rest before calling me in the morning to inform me when my room was ready. services staff from the restaurant was so helpful in explaining the sites and the location and he is a true gem that any guest there should approach! Another plus point is the free wifi in the hotel and rooms! Very fast and reliable connection to plan any last minute itinerary.

However, if i ever return to the city again, I'll like to try a hotel in the tourıst district so that I can zip the area more like a local and escape the touristy sites since I've seen it before.

• Stayed: January 2011