“Excellent riding holiday”

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent riding holiday”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Fantastic horses - very well cared for, very fit and willing. The rides were truly spectacular - incredible views and very varied terrain - very fast in places but the horses were all incredibly well mannered so everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The guide was great and food very good too. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Carol_WVS

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fast horses in a unque landscape”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent a week riding every day , cross country through the dramatic rocky Cappodocian hills. The horse are forward going and very responsive. This is riding for experienced riders who will enjoy the adventure of strong horses going at speed across rough and often very steep terrain. The owner who lead our group is delightful and was very helpful and attentive to all our needs: also speaks good English and has many entertaining tales to tell. I recommend it highly.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank underatree
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I should begin by saying, one of the reasons I loved this experience is that these are not sleepy ho-hum horses that trod down the path half asleep.

I am not super experienced. My sister and I used to ride when we were kids, but I haven't really had much time on a horse in the last twenty years. My cousin had almost no experience whatsoever.

We were given helmets. We were asked to keep the horses in a specific order, as the guides know their personalities and their tempers. The guides did not speak great English, but they did their best. We were the only group that spoke Turkish as well as English, and everyone seemed to understand directions.

We did a three hour ride. Two hours would have been perfect. That last hour was rough, being that I hadn't been in a saddle for so long. The view was amazing. The day was gorgeous. I fell in love with my horse.

The only trouble arose when my horse decided to pass another horse. Even though I'd been instructed to stay in line, I thought I'd let my horse pass and catch up to my sister who was riding two ahead of me. I gave my horse the go-ahead, but the horse in front of me got upset and kicked my poor horse in the face.

Startled, she reared up twice, but quickly calmed down after that. I can't blame the horse. If I was kicked in the face, I would have done more than rear. I held on. No worries. After all, it was partly my fault for not following directions. I was glad this didn't happen to my cousin's horse, because she would have panicked... but my cousin followed directions. :-)

At the ranch, we met Mehmet and the other members of Kadost. They put a tour package together that included the 3 hour horseback riding, a hot air balloon ride, kayaking on this beautiful nearby lake (note: they call it a canoe, but it's a kayak), and an evening at Turkish Nights (and all you can eat dinner with dance entertainment, a really great show). It was spectacular and a really good deal.

They also looked after us, shuttled us to and fro, and became our good friends. Really, finding Akhal-Teke on our first day set up our three day stay perfectly, and it was one of the best weekends I've ever had.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Nisan C
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good place to give young kids a horse experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere suitable to give our young kids (6 and 8) a horse riding experience and this worked out well for us. We got a 30 minute tour around their property with each horse led by one of the instructors. The kids couldn't stop smiling. The price of TRL35 each was pretty good value compared to the camel rides on offer at some of the tourist traps. The place is lovely which was great for those of us not riding. We were able to wait in comfort in a garden and have coffee or beers, plus we stayed for lunch which was good quality and value. There's not a lot of English spoken and it's a bit hard to find, so it is best to organise through your hotel. They came and met us in an obvious spot in Avanos so we could follow them to the stables.

1 Thank Symon P
Dubai
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“All a bit too slow”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We took the 2 hour ride which we hoped would allow us enough time to enjoy the scenery from the horses but basically we rode for one hour and then just turned around and came back the same way!.

Firstly upon getting there we weren't given any for of instructions and as we're all novices that was a bit worrying. Secondly the track was partially following a river for about 15 mins, then basically the rest of the time was through farmland, not exactly what you come to see in Capaddocia! There were longer rides which might have taken you elsewhere so I would check first.