“Cappadocia river festival”

Suhan Cappadocia Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Avanos
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Water and the sun's atmosphere, they create a natural color of the rainbow with the best you can find all kinds of people in the world in the hotel.
Cappadocia airport, nearby tourist attractions, shopping centers and very close to Avanos and Göreme fishing hobby if you can keep the fish on the edge of the river. If you want to enjoy the beautiful fish you can eat cooked over the fire. Pool to cool off in the water was a nice feeling . Everything is perfect and comfortable . Nice to sleep in a comfortable holiday and would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cappad0cia
SuhanCappadocia, Satış Müdürü at Suhan Cappadocia Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2016

Dear Valued Customer;

We are greatful for choosing our hotel and the time you spent writing your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent accomodation with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards
Selin TÜRK
Suhan Hotels Sales Manager

There are newer reviews for Suhan Cappadocia Hotel & Spa

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was there with group of 20 and we stayed in Suhan for 2 nights. The hotel exterior has a nice features reminding you of kinda Egyptian and Romans houses, and when you stepped in, what it offered was comfortable but charming feeling. The lobby was spacious with ample sofas for the guests. For the bedroom, I took it as moderately sized but still not lacking in space. The bedroom was clean, with standard amenities and hairdryer as well. The bathroom was very clean too. We have very enjoyable breakfast as they offered wide selection of breakfast; salami, bacon, bread, cereals, omelettes, sausages, toasts, and whole lots of desserts! Although we have to walk a long way from the elevator or the staircase to our room, the guest service was very helpful and nice. They have two pools, one outdoor and one indoor, both are very lovely and if you take a short walk in the morning just before having your breakfast, you can go straight to the small garden and river looking at the village. Gives you very relaxing view. I would definitely stay at Suhan again if I come to Cappadocia again :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Indriani E
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during my spring vacation in Cappadocia. The hotel room was nice, the bath room and its shower was great. The view of my room is to Red River and in every morning, I can see hundreds of baloon over the Cappadocia sky. Istanbul Restaurant in the lobby level of the hotel provides various Turkish foods and Cappadocia wine.

The hotel also provides Turkish bath Hamam and spa located next to the swimming pool area. The swimming area located between the Istanbul Restaurant and Suhan Spa with the view of Red River and a mountain.

Near the receptionist desk, there is a souvenir shop which sell various Turkish handicraft with reasonable price. Also, it is worth visit to the Konak Ceramic Shop next to the hotel.

As for the service, room service and staff are great. Would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the west wing of the hotel is a good choice to enjoy the baloon air view in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank sucichaidir

Dear Valued Customer;

Kind Regards
Selin TÜRK
Suhan Hotels Sales Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for around 3 days during May 2013. Hotel ambience and food is good, rooms are decent. What I didn't like about this hotel is its service, staff is least concerned about customer service.For a hotel which is rated 5 star, I do not expect the kind of service offered, hence, was disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Makarand A
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pros
Beautiful building with a nice and spacious lobby area
ATM just outside the hotel
Good location(river view)
staff is good
Food- lots of variety

cons
rooms are average...kinda disappointing after seeing the entrance area and the lobby
elevator system very Confusing not properly organised
room walls like paper which is very annoying and disturbing especially when you are trying to sleep,could hear what people were talking in the corridor very clearly
Actual bath area very small and congested could barely move inside the bath cabinet

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were checked-in fast as we arrived at 9 PM and the check-in desk was practically empty. Our room was located far in the hotel. After going through a series of corridors, we arrived in our deluxe room. It had a great spacious bathroom. Our room was overlooking the courtyard with a glimpse of the river. It was pretty small, but it was good. The TV has international channels like BBC. Overall the room is just wonderful. We woke up and we were greeted by falling snow! It was just amazing to see snowflakes falling just outside our window! We had an amazing breakfast with a lot of choices from hard-boiled eggs to fish. We had a quick breakfast and we hurried outside to see the snow. It was -6 Celcius outside, but I had a great time seeing the snow. Our stay at this hotel was just amazing and great.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the river, it has an amazing view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Raymond H
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 30th and 31st of May 2013. Hotel looks good, but service terrible. I went for dinner on the 2nd day in this hotel's large restaurant and occupied a seat on a table reserved for Climax Tours. I was in the Climax Tours and was on the right place. A steward came to me asked to sit on the other table which was dirty. I politely asked him to clean the table and I will sit and he showed me the other table which was also dirty. I denied sitting on the dirty table and told him I am on the right table. He then turned the "Reserved" placard down on the table and asked me this is the wrong table and leave. I then left and complained to the restaurant in charge. He came near the table and without telling a word he went inside the kitchen and never came back even after 20 minutes. I then brought my Local Tour Guide and made to ask why he did so. The steward then only said NO PROBLEM and not SORRY. I & my wife, though very hungry, had to go without dinner on that night after this one and a half hour VERY BITTER HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE.

I will never come back to this hotel and advise others not to go to this kind of large hotel where there is no response for anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Srinivasmurthysv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avanos
Doubletree by Hilton Avanos Cappadocia
#16 of 30 in Uchisar
Uchisar Kaya Hotel
Uchisar Kaya Hotel
#15 of 30 in Uchisar

Been to Suhan Cappadocia Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!