“Not worth a 5 star hotel”

Suhan Cappadocia Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Avanos
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for around 3 days during May 2013. Hotel ambience and food is good, rooms are decent. What I didn't like about this hotel is its service, staff is least concerned about customer service.For a hotel which is rated 5 star, I do not expect the kind of service offered, hence, was disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Makarand A

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pros
Beautiful building with a nice and spacious lobby area
ATM just outside the hotel
Good location(river view)
staff is good
Food- lots of variety

cons
rooms are average...kinda disappointing after seeing the entrance area and the lobby
elevator system very Confusing not properly organised
room walls like paper which is very annoying and disturbing especially when you are trying to sleep,could hear what people were talking in the corridor very clearly
Actual bath area very small and congested could barely move inside the bath cabinet

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were checked-in fast as we arrived at 9 PM and the check-in desk was practically empty. Our room was located far in the hotel. After going through a series of corridors, we arrived in our deluxe room. It had a great spacious bathroom. Our room was overlooking the courtyard with a glimpse of the river. It was pretty small, but it was good. The TV has international channels like BBC. Overall the room is just wonderful. We woke up and we were greeted by falling snow! It was just amazing to see snowflakes falling just outside our window! We had an amazing breakfast with a lot of choices from hard-boiled eggs to fish. We had a quick breakfast and we hurried outside to see the snow. It was -6 Celcius outside, but I had a great time seeing the snow. Our stay at this hotel was just amazing and great.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the river, it has an amazing view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Raymond H
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 30th and 31st of May 2013. Hotel looks good, but service terrible. I went for dinner on the 2nd day in this hotel's large restaurant and occupied a seat on a table reserved for Climax Tours. I was in the Climax Tours and was on the right place. A steward came to me asked to sit on the other table which was dirty. I politely asked him to clean the table and I will sit and he showed me the other table which was also dirty. I denied sitting on the dirty table and told him I am on the right table. He then turned the "Reserved" placard down on the table and asked me this is the wrong table and leave. I then left and complained to the restaurant in charge. He came near the table and without telling a word he went inside the kitchen and never came back even after 20 minutes. I then brought my Local Tour Guide and made to ask why he did so. The steward then only said NO PROBLEM and not SORRY. I & my wife, though very hungry, had to go without dinner on that night after this one and a half hour VERY BITTER HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE.

I will never come back to this hotel and advise others not to go to this kind of large hotel where there is no response for anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Srinivasmurthysv
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We felt that this was some sort of "Night at the Musuem" revisited when we checked in . There was just two people in the huge hotel . No lunch , no room service , no valet , nobody to take our luggage. The first hint of people was to be found in the lift which was used by staff with big towel trolleys. We had wait 20 mins before we got the lift for us to go up . The communication and service was terrible. Night was exactly opposite - the whole hotel was swarming with chinese guests screaming everywhere. The buffets emptied out quickly and we could barely get anything substantial. And the stewards kept shifting us from our tables to accomodates these hordes. Won't recommend this for any tourists travelling alone or small groups.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 4 nights with a group of 35. The physical plant can be called " beautiful", but the total experience was just slightly above average. The experience was diminished by the operation of the dining room. At breakfast, for example, not all the coffee dispensers were active at opening time, nor was the omlette and fried egg cook on duty. Thus groups with an early departure had lengthy waits for coffee, and only buffet food available. Dinner service take down began at 9:00 PM sharp, with the dessert buffet closed first, then the entre buffet and last, the salad buffet. Think about the impact on groups arriving late for dinner. One woman staff member was actually removing serving trays while people were trying to take their dinner from the very same tray!

Groups definitely receive preferential treatment in the dining room, and it was common to see people traveling on their own facing a dining room with every table marked with a tour group "Reserved" sign. Since the tables are cleared, but not reset after a group leaves, it can get dicey.

Otherwise, a nice property with good facilities

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It is a very beautiful building with a normal outside pool and gardens. The rooms were quiet, new and clean with all the basic needs: shower, soap, shower caps, clean towels, television, telephone, free wi-fi, and fridge but no mini-bar. The buffet was very big and varied; there were different dishes every night. The spa was adequate for 5 € and it was 10€ if you used the gym. There is nothing to do in the area but visiting the Capadoccia Parks and Valley. I think it is a good choice if you want to visit the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MariaESpain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avanos
DoubleTree by Hilton Avanos Cappadocia
Sakli Cave House
Sakli Cave House
#12 of 13 in Avanos
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia

Been to Suhan Cappadocia Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!