“Biggest Rip-Off Ever.”
Review of Balloon Turca

Balloon Turca
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Balloon Turca is nothing but a scam. We paid extra money for a small basket that would take us through the fairy chimneys and around the nice scenery. Our pilot had no idea what he was doing. He took us way up in the air and then brought us down over a dirt field filled with trash. We hovered a little over the dirt and trash for at least 20 minutes and then landed in the middle of nowhere. All the other balloons actually saw the beautiful scenery but we saw NOTHING. We tried to talk to the company but they said told us they weren't going to do anything. Worst 450 Euros ($600 USD) we've ever spent (it was my husband, friend and myself). It really soured our time in the area. Avoid Balloon Turca at all costs. They are just terrible.

7  Thank IslandHopperKW
in 13 reviews
"balloon"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wonderful trip! We were picked up at the hotel and shuttled to headquarters where there were light refreshments waiting. Then once all patrons gathered we were taken to the field where the balloons were waiting. We were in a large basket that was divided into four compartments, around 28 of us were in there. I can truly say I was focused on the scenery and didn't notice the others in the basket. We had a smooth take off and landing. Champagne toast plus a completion certificate provided at the end. Our pilot, Abdullah , was flew safely and took us to the scenic areas, low and high. Our children enjoyed this experience ,as did we. I highly recommend this experience and this company was great. There was no commentary during the ride, my husband would have liked to have pilot point out the volcano. I enjoyed the quiet ride to view and experience without commentary.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I would not recommend this company. I paid 150 euro to be in a 12 person basket. I was told that the smaller baskets could maneuver better and would take you through different valleys to see the fairy chimneys and other scenery up close. After cramming 14 people in our 12 person basket, our pilot burned himself at the very beginning of take-off. Right in the beginning our pilot ascended far into the air. We were there for 25 min before descending over a desolate field with nothing to see. We spent another 20 min about 10 meters over this field (seeing nothing), before he ascended high again. After 50 min of flight-time we descended into another wide open, bleak field. Again, nothing to see on the descent. We watched dozens of other balloons go through valleys, swoop over roof-tops, stay low, and actually see things. Complained upon return to the manager, but was told that everyone else was happy (How does he know, he wasn't there?). In the end, no compensation for our terrible flight. Highly suggest going with another company.

3  Thank Bryan W
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Background: Our tour company had preselected Balloon Turca for our balloon trip so 22 of us arose at 5:00 am and arrived at their headquarters (by BT's shuttle vans). We were greeted with coffee, tea and light snacks. I think the balloons and crews were being prepositioned at this time. We were shuttled to the lift-off/staging area about 45 minutes later where the balloons were in the process of getting filled. There were 24 people and 1 pilot in each balloon, The basket was divided into 4 sections for the passengers and 1 for the pilot. Baskets appeared to be fairly new with safety harnesses (no one appeared to use these).
Liftoff: Okay, the power lines nearby appeared quite close as we arose, but the pilot seemed to know what he was doing (He made few, if any, comments during the flight). We ascended to about 900' elevation and had a great view of the city and surrounding hillside. The bulk of the other balloons that day (80+) seemed to be flying in a different area, more over the valleys and rock formations and not the city. (Pilot can "spin" the balloon during the flight and should be asked to do so as you will want photos from all sides of the gondola).
Landing: Apparently the pilot ran out of fuel as we attempted to counteract a wind shift that kept the balloon over the city. We were forced to land in a small field between some apartments. This event was apparently quite rare as we got a big audience of school kids near the landing site and the local police came. Should have used the ropes inside our compartment to hold onto during bumpy landing as I banged into my neighbors Shared non-alcoholic bubbly after the landing.
Comments: Overall an awesome adventure not to be missed if you are in the area. Would have liked lifting off near all the other balloons and not isolated as we were. Would have also preferred flying over the valleys and rock formations and not over the city (though people waving to us from their apartment windows was pretty funny).Yes, bring warm clothes.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We search for many baloon firms for baloon tour.First of all all balloon firms almost same.All of them for 1 hour.But baloon Turca is expensive and staff is not kind.We get disagreement about price at last minute (5:50 am) but staff of Baloon Turca Mr. Ali is disinterested about this situation.They want 140 € but we understood 140 TL. And later we leave baloon firms and we find another firm which is Mavi Ay.They give soo good price and most important part of firms all of the staff is very kind which I can advice this firm.
And I can say that Baloon Tourca is giving too expensive prices to tourists.We understood when we are the only Turks in the group.Dont give more than 100€ any time.And can be more cheaper if you deal with firms.

2  Thank Mdeniz63