“Ins and outs of ballooning...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Balloon Turca
Northern California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Ins and outs of ballooning...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Background: Our tour company had preselected Balloon Turca for our balloon trip so 22 of us arose at 5:00 am and arrived at their headquarters (by BT's shuttle vans). We were greeted with coffee, tea and light snacks. I think the balloons and crews were being prepositioned at this time. We were shuttled to the lift-off/staging area about 45 minutes later where the balloons were in the process of getting filled. There were 24 people and 1 pilot in each balloon, The basket was divided into 4 sections for the passengers and 1 for the pilot. Baskets appeared to be fairly new with safety harnesses (no one appeared to use these).
Liftoff: Okay, the power lines nearby appeared quite close as we arose, but the pilot seemed to know what he was doing (He made few, if any, comments during the flight). We ascended to about 900' elevation and had a great view of the city and surrounding hillside. The bulk of the other balloons that day (80+) seemed to be flying in a different area, more over the valleys and rock formations and not the city. (Pilot can "spin" the balloon during the flight and should be asked to do so as you will want photos from all sides of the gondola).
Landing: Apparently the pilot ran out of fuel as we attempted to counteract a wind shift that kept the balloon over the city. We were forced to land in a small field between some apartments. This event was apparently quite rare as we got a big audience of school kids near the landing site and the local police came. Should have used the ropes inside our compartment to hold onto during bumpy landing as I banged into my neighbors Shared non-alcoholic bubbly after the landing.
Comments: Overall an awesome adventure not to be missed if you are in the area. Would have liked lifting off near all the other balloons and not isolated as we were. Would have also preferred flying over the valleys and rock formations and not over the city (though people waving to us from their apartment windows was pretty funny).Yes, bring warm clothes.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Baloon Turca Expensive and disinterested”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We search for many baloon firms for baloon tour.First of all all balloon firms almost same.All of them for 1 hour.But baloon Turca is expensive and staff is not kind.We get disagreement about price at last minute (5:50 am) but staff of Baloon Turca Mr. Ali is disinterested about this situation.They want 140 € but we understood 140 TL. And later we leave baloon firms and we find another firm which is Mavi Ay.They give soo good price and most important part of firms all of the staff is very kind which I can advice this firm.
And I can say that Baloon Tourca is giving too expensive prices to tourists.We understood when we are the only Turks in the group.Dont give more than 100€ any time.And can be more cheaper if you deal with firms.

1 Thank Mdeniz63
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Baloon Turca is expensive and disinterested”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We search for many baloon firms for baloon tour.First of all all balloon firms almost same.All of them for 1 hour.But baloon Turca is expensive and staff is not kind.We get disagreement about price at last minute (5:50 am) but staff of Baloon Turca Mr. Ali is disinterested about this situation.They want 140 € but we understood 140 TL. And later we leave baloon firms and we find another firm which is "Mavi Ay".They give soo good price and most important part of firms all of the staff is very kind which I can advice this firm.

3 Thank Mdeniz63
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not even worth 1 out of 5. Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

After carefully considering whether we could afford the cost of a balloon flight as we are budget travelers we decided it was a must do and paid up our 240 euros for 2 of us. That evening we both got horrendous food poisoning. The next morning my partner dragged himself out of bed at 5am to meet the pick up guy. He told him how sick we were and asked if we could do it the next day. He said "no way, this is your only chance, no refunds!" my partner then asked if he would rather have us both up there with diarrhea in his basket, I think not! It said on the ticket 50% cancellation fee (not 100%). We have sent a email requesting at least our 50% back but funnily enough, no reply! Beware of this company they are obviously just out to get your money and have no compassion or respect for their customers. 240 euros down the drain!!!!

2 Thank Kurtnaimz
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Was good but..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed in cappadokia for 2 days n definitely decided to go ballooning. And someone recommended me choose this company so I did. However they didn't pick me n my friend so we had to wait for 40 minutes in the very early morning, which was terrible. We made a call so finally we could join the balloonig but they didn't apologize at all. Excep that, the ballooning was enjoyable n the captain was nice.

2 Thank WhitewitchHelen