“Corect hotel”

Grand Anzac Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Canakkale
“Corect hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Hello. Write these impressions so late because I waited to solve the problem (return) and more specifically the withdrawal of 210 E (for 4) from the account platisem cash, although both went and returned. Going on vacation with children we booked 2 rooms for transit at the same hotel which I attended for 5 years we make bookings through booking since December. All well and good but that in June we send booking cancellation for reservations made for return, no problem we make another good card reservation booking ok but on June 30, at 22.30 other mail from booking with the booking cancellation date for went under when 2 day was supposed to accommodate us. Leave it so long because I had 24 hours to do another one but I was already at the hotel and we would be solved directly. Arrived at the hotel reservation can be confirmed as we check for return that occurs as it's ok to pay cash at the cash and went back to the hotel. No problem we could accommodate holidays and back but after we arrive in the country and check the card we see that we have been held on the account 210 E by Anzac Hotel. Call the booking to vdm dc this happened and they say because you have three reservations. I Confirm that indeed I had reservations but all 3 3 cancelled by mail by the booking. Your dreams by email and on the phone with officials at Anzac and after about 3 weeks of dialogues have understood that we were not to blame for this confusion and we have returned the money in full with course and cancellation e-mails received from booking. I recommend you to be careful what site do reservations (I'm 5 years old made by booking) but you can try and dc booking direct at the hotel I paid 45 E double room and some friends have negotiated on the spot and put out the same hotel 30 E double room. Because they were the correct ones from Anzac have all our appreciation but in the future I will no longer use the booking for reservations not being serious. Enjoyable and troble-free.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff at the Grand Anzac - especially Hassan and Yusuf - are incredibly friendly, professional and helpful. I travel for business frequently, and the Anzac staff are best-in-class. I forgot my wallet there, and they reached out to me. Even though I was leaving to go back to America, they found a company that would send it all the way from from Canakkale back to San Francisco. Result: I got my completely intact wallet in 3 days. What more can you ask for?

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Excellent value for this level of hotel. Very helpful and courteous staff and helped organise an excellent tour of the Gallipolli sites and the campaign.
The shopping in the area is very good with less hassle than the usual shopping experience in Turkey.
Recommend the Yulova Restaurant and the wines produced locally from Suvla

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This a great part of Turkey and this is a great place to stay. Quiet, clean and in the heart of the town which makes everything really convenient.
I only stayed the night but I wished I could stay a few more to explore the streets and enjoy the seaside.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

After reading all the fabulous reviews we expected much more. The location is good and walking distance to local points of interest. However, rooms are small, walls are very thin! You can hear everything! Breakfast was just ok.. The most disturbing thing was a fish tank in reception with barely any water located in scorching heat against the front glass foyer & overcrowded with turtles? Not impressed by this hotel.

1 Thank Alan_Irene
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

A good hotel, very clean, comfortable beds and pillows, located a short walk from port and ferry area. - Good value for money. My room had a small balcony, which I always find gives me extra room and some fresh air. Cable TV, shower, Air Con, etc. - all the usual stuff. Downstairs free breakfast was a mixture of American and local foods. Pleasant and helpful front desk staff. Many restaurants and food outlets in the area.

This hotel was booked by my tour agent which used TJ's- a local tour guide company for the pick up / drop offs / tour of Galipoli etc - Use him or his company - they were great and made the trip as great as it was.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank touring1111
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We back again in Canakkale, unfortunately only for transit, and we checked in, as always, at, probably, the best Hotel in town: Grand Anzac. We find the same welcoming and relaxing place. As I said in other reviews I have only words of praise and satisfaction about this comfortable Hotel so I'll will not repeated. Speaking of this... we accommodate at Grand Anzac's little brother: Comfort Anzac. ...little not because is smaller but because is newer ;). he deserves his name ...we don't have any problem to recover us after a journey of over 700 km, most of them traveled in a country with bad roads.
so... comfortable room, great wireless, very good food and last but not least... very welcoming and friendly staff.
'till the next year... çok teşekkürler!

Room Tip: ask for Turkish coffee. It cost only 4 TL... :D