“Silk! Charm! Great prices!”
Review of Koza Hani

Ranked #3 of 89 things to do in Bursa
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This marketplace consists mainly of merchants selling silks and brocades.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a charming market, set in a two story historical building, with silk shops ringing the top floor and a charming tea garden with a little mosque in the center on the ground level. I regret I only bought five scarves. Prices here are WAY cheaper than Istanbul. And the selection is tons better too. Plus the little shops are easy to shop in, because no one is pushy at all and they all bargain, but not aggressively. Have fun!

3  Thank Kathleen G

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is the biggest han in Bursa and in Hans area. If you're planning to go to bursa witihn october you may see the great Turkish photojournalist Ara Guler's exhibition in this han. I also recommend you to buy silk stuff from the shop named 'Bursa Silk' (yes the name is in English).

Reviewed July 13, 2012

It's not the cheapest place in the city but you can find plenty of silk scarves and other things. There are coffee/tea shops inside.

1  Thank Olivia V
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This han took us by surprise as it still looks brand new as if it was built only recently. They've done a great job at preserving its looks and feel. Really enjoyed our time shopping there.

1  Thank ResmeN
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Yes I was haggling and got the price I wanted but I still didn't think I was going to pay that much. I would only purchase the silk here you can get better deals on souvenirs at Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. But it is a very nice place and I love how the locals take care of the cats.

1  Thank num1sinner