$264
$176
$169
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop terracehome away from homemakes delicious breakfastscall to prayertravel overseasfresh bread and pastriesrestaurant recommendationsvirgin marywifi connectionfew minutes walkizmir airporttown centresandraselcuksimitdolmus
Reviewed May 16, 2017

May 2017 was my 4th visit to Anzac Golden Bed Pension in Kusadasi. My first visit 4 years ago was one of the most relaxing and exciting experiences of my life, being my very first time to travel overseas. The beauty of Kusadasi can be seen from the fabulous and amazing rooftop terrace, Anzac Golden Bed Pension itself is a charming and welcoming place, and the rooms are light and airy, some with spectacular views of the port and the surrounding mountainside, you have access to a very good Wi-Fi connection, so staying in touch with your friends on Facebook and other social media is a bonus. Sandra is an excellent hostess who makes delicious breakfasts and is up early in the morning to head off to the local bakery on her scooter to get fresh bread and pastries baked early that day. We shared so many memorable moments, from interactions with the neighbours to cooking meals in the kitchen.
If you are a dog lover you will fall in love with Takoz and Suti, they always seem happy to see me again year after year. Also Takoz always likes to sing along to the Call to Prayer.
Anzac Golden Bed Pension is only a few minutes’ walk from the buzz of Kusadasi but far enough away to relax and unwind.
A visit to Ephesus and the House of the Virgin Mary is a must and also jump on the dolmus and head to Selcuk on Saturday morning for a visit to the bustling markets.
I would highly recommend a visit if you are ever in Kusadasi.
Anzac Gold Bed Pension always feels like a home away from home for me.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the Anzac golden bed pension. I chose to stay there a second time because Sandra the host made us feel so welcomed our first time there. And the second time was no exception. We love the atmosphere of the pension, it's central location and proximity to food and nightlife. As well Sandra naked you feel right at home and is willing to do what it takes for you to get the best experience while there. I would not hesitate in staying there again.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

I was there for a brief visit. I did not enjoy the town itself but I cannot fault the accommodation. Very helpful, accommodating host. I would recommend it because it is cheap and clean. Not extremely luxurious but it was good value for money.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2016

The pictures truly tell the story- our host Sandra has built on the charm of a lovely traditional home in the the old town of Kusadasi- creating a wonderful ambience with a Turkish feel and a friendly style of hosting to complement the wonderful roof top terrace and room views to the beach and across the city. Only 2-3 minutes walk to the main centre of town and then you are in a village atmosphere.
Sandra gave us so many tips on where to go which really added to our stay- day trips, shopping tips and local restaurants. We saw her welcoming all guests in a similar way. Lovely fresh traditional breakfasts- with bread she bought daily from the local bakery and food from local farms (eggs, tomatoes, olives, cucumber).
Her dogs were also welcoming and gorgeous, they were friendly and real characters.
Fresh towels each day- the place was immaculately clean. Air conditioning worked very well, great we could also enjoy the refreshing sea breezes in our room and balcony.
I will always remember relaxing on the rooftop with the sun going down on Kusadasi and sharing a refreshing Efes- so pleased we came to Turkey! We feel safe and truly welcomed by all we met on our travels.
Enjoyed the short walk up the hill begin greeted by locals. An enchanting country, our stay in Kusadasi and visit to Ephesus a highlight.

Room Tip: Great sea view room & balcony and roof terrace- welcome change from 'cooky cutter' resorts and soulless hotels- a touch of real Turkey!
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Dear Judith,

Thank you so much for your kind words and it was my pleasure to have met you and your husband Phil and have you stay at my Place. As you know first hand , I am a sole proprietor and have been in this business for many years. Although, I have never really considered it as a business, more a life style and a passion..... meeting people like yourselves makes it all worth while and regains my confidence to continue to ensure that all my guests are made to feel completely comfortable, safe and able to enjoy the highlights of local Turkish culture that Kusadasi has to offer...thank you again. Kindest regards, Sandra Galloway (Proprietor)

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

No 3 star property, this. Don't be fooled by those pics of backrest beds & flowing curtains. The rooms are small, towels rags. No shelves to put your toothbrush or paste in the bathroom, forget about a hook for clothes.
Book this place only if you fancy yourself taking shower in a toilet!! Or you are ready to get choked in a non airy, zero airconditioned environ. Or you like smelly dogs each time you enter it.
Booked 5 nights, was happy to quit after 2.
Could breathe again only after I came out on the road!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Dear Gagan G..

Thank you for your damning review..... first let me say, you stayed two nights and then left for Pamukkale and had me save a room for a further 3 nights. You happily returned and checked into your room and made good use of it, and only after, then decided to leave...and never once made a complaint directly to me, while you were enjoying my facilities and my kindness....if you can say all that you have said about my place , WHY then did you return .
Thank you for running up my phone bill with booking day tours and taxis etc... and then having you cancel them each time. I am not surprised by your devious manners, both you and your husband. İf I am asked to reccommend you as guests for future reservations in other establishments I would have no problem in advising strongly against any such proposal......Beware, Sandra Galloway (Proprietor)