“Great hostess!”

Anzac Golden Bed Pension
Ranked #10 of 94 Kusadasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I found out about this place by word-of-mouth in Australia. Emailed directly and got a booking. It turned out to be awesome! The hostess came to collect us from the ferry so we didn't get lost on the up hill walk. Its in a great location, very close to everything. Inside there are stairs, however its very easy to get around inside. The rooftop was awesome for breakfast & at night. The staff were amazing and I will totally continue to spread good word-of-mouth for Sandra's hospitality. We stayed back in March 2010, just can't put that date in the timeline

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ghost_of_the_World
There are newer reviews for Anzac Golden Bed Pension

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-October with my other half. We arrived very late at night and had a little difficulty finding the place because we had a car and the streets in Kusadasi can be quite narrow. I wouldn't recommend parking your car by the hostel, it's safe but can be quite an ordeal finding your way there, especially when there are other parked cars blocking access to some back roads.

Despite the late arrival, our host, Sandra, came out and directed us where to park. She was extremely accommodating and super friendly. We checked in and found the rooms to be quite simple but also very comfortable, containing everything we could need.

Do not be surprised if you are woken mid-morning by the call to prayer (although the guy did have a great voice!!) from the local Mosque. Also, there was a little noise from a nearby nightclub during the early hours of the morning, but it didn't disturb me for more than a minute or 2.

In the morning Sandra prepared an absolutely delicious Turkish breakfast on her rooftop terrace. There is a beautiful view from there and you couldn't ask for a better spot to relax with your morning coffee, over-looking the city and bay.

The guesthouse is very conveniently located. It is literally about a 2 minute walk to the main drag containing bars, souvenir shops and restaurants. She is a ready source of great recommendations so don't be shy about asking her the best place to go for a drink or a meal.

All in all it was a great spot to stay and if I was to return there then I'd definitely stay with her again. You couldn't really ask for a better, more convenient location. Sandra was a great host and it was very reasonably priced. The only downsides being the inconvenience of having a car and the little bit of noise.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a mini balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed September 30, 2013

You'll feel a little like you're being taken on a wild goose chase from the ferry to the hotel, but once you're there ... you're home! When we arrived, owner Sandra called down from the rooftop about the night's bar-b-que on the rooftop. Little did we know, it would be an evening meeting a cast of lovely travelers sharing awesome views of Kushadasi. By American standards, the rooms are tiny, but we are travelers not tourists so we adapted just fine. Everything was clean and we had enough room to function, but our best time was spent out and about sightseeing, dining, and on the rooftop taking in the view. I had an Ephesus tour booked and was running late, and Sandra and her awesome dog Takos literally ran with me down to catch my bus so I wouldn't miss it. Great service!

Room Tip: Whether its hot or not, plan to use the air conditioner because the city is too bright and too loud...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HollySW
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have booked a double room for the night of 8th August for my family. First I have called them and in the phone a lady called Sandra asked me to send an e mail to book the room and said this would be enough for them to keep the room. I have a trail of conversation in my mail box, that clearly states that I booked the room and my family will arrive around midnight. And when they arrive to the door of the hotel, they said they sold the room!!! Can you believe this?? What a reckless, shameless behaviour!! Since we have not paid any money, we couldn't claim the room, but it was them who said e mail is enough!
They believe in money and nothing else. And that lady called Sandra. Shame on her! Finally my family have stayed in the house of an acquaintance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ozan K
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

My policies states the hours of checking in at my hotel.
As it was the Bayram Celebration, I had already turned away over 50 potential guests from the early hours of the morning up until 11pm. As there were people waiting for a room after this time, I opened the room for other guests.
Many people at this time of year reserve rooms and never show.
As you said yourself, you arrived at around midnight and I had no guarantee .
Should I keep all my rooms empty in the hope that guests will keep their word after hours.....

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a wonderful stay and Sandra made us feel right at home as soon as we entered. Sandra helped us with trip planning and with in depth information on the area. The location is perfect, a short walk puts you in the heart of Kusadasi. We very much enjoyed the rooftop garden which provided us with incredible views, delicious breakfasts (Sandra's strawberry jam is the best) and wonderful conversation. We traveled with our 11 year old son and Sandra was very kind to give him a book that he was reading and hadn't finished yet. Sandra definitely goes above and beyond for her guests. We would highly recommend a stay here. We also feel like we made a new friend. Thank you Sandra from Sam, Tonya and Hestin.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonya Y
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a very nice guest house, i recommend everyone to visit here. We have enjoyed our days in this pension and i believe everyone will too... Owner Sandra is a very helpfull lady and she always trying to do best for you. Takoz is the best security you can see.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank EmrEephesus
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I ilke the nice terrace with wonderfull views rooms all nice so clean with nice decor owner very helpful friendly location perfect safe place..
Dont look any more this is the rigth place for you! İ çanta recommed enough because
Not easy to explain this nice owner nice place ..
She Will helpful for any sugesstions...

Room Tip: Sea side rooms has so nice view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ephesusss
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

To Whom İt May Concern:
I received a Review Alert as of today's date for a family from France. This same review was posted to me exactly one year ago in French and has been re-posted today.
As it was written in French and french is not my native language, I am unable to respond . I have googled this review and everything that was written is totally fabricated and untrue.

Please allow me the opportunity to respond to this review and I am also requesting that you investigate the source and the writer, as they have re-posted the same review.

I understand that Tripadvisor have a policy that all reviews have to be responded in the same language.....but this is an exceptional case......

Kindest regards,