“ANZAC Golden Bed Pension, Kusadasi, Turkey”

Anzac Golden Bed Pension
Ranked #11 of 95 Kusadasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I can't speak highly enough of this pension which is run/owned singlehandedly by Sandra, an Aussie expat. She is a mine of info and goes the extra mile for her guests. The pension itself is very centrally situated with a view from the roof of the town and harbour (where breakfast is served/+ a bar) to die for! The furnishings, ornamets, plants, Turkish rugs, interior decor etc are very tastefully chosen/placed. In the summer heat the pension is cool and relaxing. Sandra is bilingual (English/Turkish) which of course is of enormous benefit. Would like to add that she has the most delightful/intelligent kangal dog which is made a huge fuss of by guests/adds a touch of homeliness to the pension. My best wishes to Sandra I am Sandy from New Zealand

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank KaseyIstanbul

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Smashing place to stay. The landlady is an absolute gem. Most helpful if youve got a problem. Mega rooftop garden with a mind blowing view.

My only negative comment. She charged too much for her house beers !

Francis from Ireland

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Francis K
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

will ask to see a receipt from the hotel for the alchol being served to them.
I would have no objection to all my guests bringing in their own alchol and enjoying it in the comfort of my garden rooftop terrace, anytime, so long as I could get all my guests to enjoy our selection of in expensive homecooked food , which we gladly offer nightly during the summer months, which only incurs an 8% tax charge when we make a sale.
It would be a far more profitable service to offer our guests and keep everyone happy. We will still keep the fridge full of Efes and other local beers for those that want a nice cold beer waiting for them on their arrival for the same price as last year, 5 turkish lira.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Kindest regards, Sandra Galloway, Proprietor.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

A lovely clean and welcoming pension run by an expat Australian lady (Sandra). Whilst we were a little concerned & nervous intially about the location because the taxi could only take us so far and then we had to walk as the streets were too narrow for car, once we settled into our room and got some directions from Sandra we found that we were a 5 minute walk from the main street and hustle and bustle of Kusadasi. The hotel was lovely and quite, yet we were so close to the shops, restaurants and local buses. Accomodation, basic but very clean. Our room had a little balcony overlooking the neighbouring houses, which was nice. Breakfast was included and was a typical turkish breakfast - upstairs on the outside terrace. Overall a fantastic spot to enjoy both Kusadasi and Efes from. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CocoIsLoco
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Just to let everyone know that the road works are complete and I have a new WİDE cobblestone road and the taxis are arriving at my doorstep again.
Sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused my guests, with luggage etc..
Look forward to having you all share my home and lifestyle.
Remember we reimburse you for the taxi fare from the port or the main bus station on check-in.
We also have free, safe parking at the front of the hotel.

Kindest regards,
Sandra Galloway
Proprietor

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Sandra ( the Australian owner) has created a wonderful welcoming retreat . We were slightly concerned when the taxi driver dropped us off ( at the end of the street because of road works) and our first impressions were that it was quite away from the centre of town. We were very wrong , it is only a 3 minute walk down the hill. From the rooftop terrace there is a great view of Kusadasi. Sandra is a great cook and we spent a vert pleasant evening on her terrace eating dinner and chatting to her. She was extremely helpful in recommending other places to stay up the coast and even rang another hotel for us. The rooms are smallish but very clean with a simple charm. Bathroom was tiny but did the job. Great value for money and we left feeling we had made a friend. This is a little gem!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Bjnj
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at Anzac Golden Bed and was completely blown away! Sandra who runs the place couldn't have been more helpful, she had loads of Ideas about where to eat, what to see, whilst there, a real mine of info. The room was great, beautifully presented, in the perfect location as well, really central which meant you could get about everywhere on foot, no taxi's! The first night I was there, I'd had a bit of a long journey, and didn't fancy eating out, no problem to Sandra, she simply put on a barbeque for me! I'd have no problem telling anyone about this little jewel of a place, AND Anzac Golden Bed be warned I shall be coming back again soon

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MichaelB4Brown
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Although the Anzac Golden Bed Pension is up a hill, it really is a lovely little pension. The host, Sandra, is so friendly, helpful and welcoming to the point where she remembered that my husband doesn't like cucumbers and therefore didn't put any on his plate for breakfast! The location is excellent and the view from the upstairs terrace is really nice. The rooms are comfortable and I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ConfusedBride0
Reviewed May 15, 2011

At first it was a bit difficult to find this hotel by taxi at night, but the next morning I realized that the pension is just walking distance to the sea and the dinning places. You can have your breakfast on the roof and have a view of the city. The owner is Australian so don't worry about communication, and she will provide you tips around the city, for example a lovely map. One more thing I want to comment is that this pension is equipped with water heater, but there are pensions in this size they use only solar power to heat the water.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo