All reviewsrooftop terracehome away from homemakes delicious breakfastscall to prayertravel overseasfresh bread and pastriesrestaurant recommendationsvirgin marywifi connectionfew minutes walkizmir airporttown centresandraselcuksimitdolmus
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Sandra ( the Australian owner) has created a wonderful welcoming retreat . We were slightly concerned when the taxi driver dropped us off ( at the end of the street because of road works) and our first impressions were that it was quite away from the centre of town. We were very wrong , it is only a 3 minute walk down the hill. From the rooftop terrace there is a great view of Kusadasi. Sandra is a great cook and we spent a vert pleasant evening on her terrace eating dinner and chatting to her. She was extremely helpful in recommending other places to stay up the coast and even rang another hotel for us. The rooms are smallish but very clean with a simple charm. Bathroom was tiny but did the job. Great value for money and we left feeling we had made a friend. This is a little gem!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Bjnj
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at Anzac Golden Bed and was completely blown away! Sandra who runs the place couldn't have been more helpful, she had loads of Ideas about where to eat, what to see, whilst there, a real mine of info. The room was great, beautifully presented, in the perfect location as well, really central which meant you could get about everywhere on foot, no taxi's! The first night I was there, I'd had a bit of a long journey, and didn't fancy eating out, no problem to Sandra, she simply put on a barbeque for me! I'd have no problem telling anyone about this little jewel of a place, AND Anzac Golden Bed be warned I shall be coming back again soon

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MichaelB4Brown
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Although the Anzac Golden Bed Pension is up a hill, it really is a lovely little pension. The host, Sandra, is so friendly, helpful and welcoming to the point where she remembered that my husband doesn't like cucumbers and therefore didn't put any on his plate for breakfast! The location is excellent and the view from the upstairs terrace is really nice. The rooms are comfortable and I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ConfusedBride0
Reviewed May 15, 2011

At first it was a bit difficult to find this hotel by taxi at night, but the next morning I realized that the pension is just walking distance to the sea and the dinning places. You can have your breakfast on the roof and have a view of the city. The owner is Australian so don't worry about communication, and she will provide you tips around the city, for example a lovely map. One more thing I want to comment is that this pension is equipped with water heater, but there are pensions in this size they use only solar power to heat the water.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Having been to Anzac Golden Bed I realise that quality does not need to be expensive. With a friendly quality service that easily equals the type of service you would expect from a hotel that costs 2 or 3 times as much per night. The patron, Sandra is a superb hostess, giving the assistance you need to get the best from a visit to Kuşadası, whilst not being overly intrusive so you can feel as if you are in a home away from home. I would highly recommend anyone traveling around the Aegean coast of Turkey, to spend at least 1 night here, Definitely a hotel the be remembered. Thank you for a helping to make my holiday in perfect.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo