All reviews rooftop terrace home away from home makes delicious breakfasts call to prayer travel overseas fresh bread and pastries restaurant recommendations virgin mary wifi connection few minutes walk izmir airport town centre sandra selcuk simit dolmus
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed at Anzac Golden Bed and was completely blown away! Sandra who runs the place couldn't have been more helpful, she had loads of Ideas about where to eat, what to see, whilst there, a real mine of info. The room was great, beautifully presented, in the perfect location as well, really central which meant you could get about everywhere on foot, no taxi's! The first night I was there, I'd had a bit of a long journey, and didn't fancy eating out, no problem to Sandra, she simply put on a barbeque for me! I'd have no problem telling anyone about this little jewel of a place, AND Anzac Golden Bed be warned I shall be coming back again soon

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MichaelB4Brown
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Although the Anzac Golden Bed Pension is up a hill, it really is a lovely little pension. The host, Sandra, is so friendly, helpful and welcoming to the point where she remembered that my husband doesn't like cucumbers and therefore didn't put any on his plate for breakfast! The location is excellent and the view from the upstairs terrace is really nice. The rooms are comfortable and I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ConfusedBride0
Reviewed May 15, 2011

At first it was a bit difficult to find this hotel by taxi at night, but the next morning I realized that the pension is just walking distance to the sea and the dinning places. You can have your breakfast on the roof and have a view of the city. The owner is Australian so don't worry about communication, and she will provide you tips around the city, for example a lovely map. One more thing I want to comment is that this pension is equipped with water heater, but there are pensions in this size they use only solar power to heat the water.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Having been to Anzac Golden Bed I realise that quality does not need to be expensive. With a friendly quality service that easily equals the type of service you would expect from a hotel that costs 2 or 3 times as much per night. The patron, Sandra is a superb hostess, giving the assistance you need to get the best from a visit to Kuşadası, whilst not being overly intrusive so you can feel as if you are in a home away from home. I would highly recommend anyone traveling around the Aegean coast of Turkey, to spend at least 1 night here, Definitely a hotel the be remembered. Thank you for a helping to make my holiday in perfect.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank hedflex
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We visited in February, low season, and were Sandra's only guests at the time. We were treated royally, with a choice of which room we would like and insightful information provided to our every question. Sandra has obviously worked extremely hard (and continues to) to provide a good quality establishment; clean, reasonably-priced and a really friendly atmosphere (especially from Takos, resident guard-dog but a big softie at heart). Golden Bed was definitely amongst the best pensions we stayed at in Turkey. Sandra's relaxed, easy-going nature made the place so comfortable it prompted us to stay for longer than planned even though at the time, Kusadasi didn't have much going on.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DesignQueen
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Too many times my guests complain about the taxi drivers not knowing where my hotel is...only the other day, I had arranged to meet some new guests, a family of five travelling for six months and that had just arrived off the Samos ferry into Kusdasi port. I met them at the Tourist İnformation office as planned. Due to the heat, I suggested that I get them a taxi and take them back to my hotel rather than walk them the 10 mins up through the town. What was interesting , there are two main taxi ranksh at the port and neither of them claimed to know where my hotel was.....as the owner of the hotel, you can imagine how I felt....but what was more concerning to me was the amount of business I was loosing because of these taxi drvers. Not to mention the inconvenience and stress this courses my guests arriving in a new country with hotel reservations already arranged . I encourage all my guests to take a taxi and the hotel will gladly deduct the fare on arrival .
PLEASE NOTE: You have the right to be taken to my hotel....DEMAND İT.....if you encounter this problem, please notify me or the police immediately....
Kindest regards,