“A lovely hotel”

Hotel Goldenday Wings
Ranked #11 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We returned home yesterday and we had a great time. The people we met were lovely and we all got on. About the hotel, the rooms are big and very clean, there is towels for the pool in the rooms ,the sea views are stunning as is the sunset, The staff are always very helpful the entertainment team are the best i've met in a long time, always laughing and joking with guests kept people active during the day and evening Alex, Messi and Sonic were great fun,and yupyup behind the bar, the pool guy was there every morning and would get you i bed even if there was none available, The rep was very helpful and didn't push the trips on us wqe went on the full day trip to ephesuss and Marys house it was a lovely trip, we would recommend this hotel to anyone.........................................the only bad thing is the hill at the side down to the seafront its very very steep at the beginning.

Room Tip: rooms on the 5th floor have great views
2  Thank bluedub
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Reviewer,I would like to thank you for your review you have left for our hotel goldenday wings... hope to see you next year ...

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great hotel and great staff very happy chearful crowd,, only complaint was we asked for a room with a view and we where put in a room in front of an abondened apartment and when we asked to change they wernt very accomadating, Fantastic place to stay just stay away from room 1401 and 1402 if you want a good view of the harbour otherwise you will be staring in one corner trying to see it. On the other hand Great hotel ill be going back but ill be asaking for diffrint rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from 1401 and 1402
4  Thank ash o
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Reviewer...I would like to thank you for your review you have left for our hotel goldenday wings... hope to see you next time ...

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great location within walking distance of most everything! Excellent English speaking staff to help you with day trips, restaurants and attractions. Rooms were exceptional! Sumptuous breakfast buffet! Truly a nice property!

2  Thank Peterblades_12
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Reviewer,I would like to thank you for your review you have left for our hotel goldenday wings.. hope to see you net time ...

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel recently and below are my findings:

Positives :

Super views from hotel balcony overlooking marina,with great sunsets you would struggle to get a nicer view in any other hotel in the World. Free aircon and Wi-Fi. I would recommend the BBQ on the Wednesday night loads of excellent food and great entertainment (only negative was Gino was always hassling people to go to the bbq in the hotel and he wouldn’t leave you alone until you bought a ticket which cost 15 Euro). The pool barfood was perfect in the late afternoon to fill a gap and was very reasonable. I'd highly recommend trying the Turkish bath in the spa area for 18 euro as your skin feels brilliant after it and apparently it prepares it for the sun so you should try to get it at the start of your holiday. The staff in the Spa area are very friendly and not over pushy especially the thin girl who is selling the packages (can’t remember her name). You will also be asked to have a massage done but again I would highly recommend you do it as it was excellent but make sure you get a deal as one will be made if you ask. I had 2 massages done one by a man and the other by a woman both were excellent. Entertainment team in particular Hax (the night time DJ) and Sonic (not his proper name) were excellent and do their best to mix it up as much as possible and provide good games down at the pool during the day time if you don’t feel like going to the beach. Majority of the waiters who could speak English were friendly in particular Nesh who was the soundest. The reception staff and the porter were also friendly, chatty and helpful. The fire show and the Michael Jackson show performed by the entertainment staff were excellent and are a must see. Rooms are very nice with a large fridge and kettle. Can get the local Dolmus from just outside the hotel which will bring you into town for a Euro.

Negatives :

The staff were on the whole very pleasant and helpful with the exception of a few who basically did not want to know you unless you were crossing their palms with tips on a regular basis or buying them food or drink in particular some of the entertainment staff and a couple of the waiters. Most evenings there were gangs of staff hanging around reception trying to get you to stay to eat and drink at the hotel and some of the staff were cheeky enough to ask me where I was going when leaving the hotel but I would put this down to the manager who was constantly hovering around the hotel in the background observing everything that was taking place. He wasn’t interacting with guests at all just taking everything in very very strange. Extra charges for table tennis and pool 10 TL per hour. The hotel is nowhere near a beach as you have to get 2 buses to ladies beach as the so called beach that is down the bottom of the road is tiny and filthy and you would not swim in it so don’t be fooled by the brochure stating that there is a beach within 500 meters!!

Make sure you get a room on one of the top floors as the music is very loud especially on Mon, Wed and Fri nights were a disco takes place in the basement and goes on until 3am. I stayed on the 2nd floor and it was very loud and kept me awake a number of nights so I can’t imagine what it must have been like on the ground floor where there are more bedrooms located. Guests were stopped when bringing in stuff from outside like water or other drinks or food and advised they were only allowed to buy these goods in the hotel shop which was much more expensive and there is always someone standing watching you coming or going which is very intimidating. Breakfast was only ok, if you don’t like eggs you are in big trouble!! You will not receive any irish breakfast at this buffet but as soon as the breakfast closes you can BUY one at the pool side bar.This hotel caters exclusively for irish tourists but does not cater for irish taste buds at breakfast time.Rep was only allright have come across much nicer and more helpful reps. Cleaners on my floor were not very good and I had to remind them a couple of times to clean my room when they came in they just made the bed and gave a few new towels but that was about it no hovering or dusting. I was speaking to other guests on other floors and they were very happy with cleaners so maybe it was just the ones on my floor.

Summary:

Met some great people in the hotel as it was all Irish guests and had good crack with them and also a lot of the staff. The town itself is lovely but when going down the main eating and shopping streets you are constantly harassed which gets very annoying at times. Will go back to Kusadasi ,great place,great weather, great food, nice people 50/50 as to whether or not id stay in this hotel it wasnt bad but it wasnt excellent. Went with Tailwings and the planes going over and back had a lot to live up to they were very cramped and very noisy. Couldn’t hear a word the pilot was saying as English was poor and the noise in the plane was deafening. Food on board the plane was horrible and staff not very friendly.

Room Tip: Top floor a must
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Aine G
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Reviewer,I would like to thank you for your review you have left for our hotel goldenday wings... also thanx for positives & negatives comments we apologize for negatives we will try to do our best . .. hope to see you nex time

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Have just returned from one week stay at the golden day wings hotel. We had a wonderful holiday, it was our first time to Turkey and we would love to go back. The hotel is lovely, very clean with helpful and friendly staff. We did not eat in the hotel except on BBQ evening which is wednesday, this was very enjoyable with plenty of fun and games. The entertainment team work hard to ensure everyone enjoys their stay. The pool are is always clean with plenty of sun loungers, they also provide pool towels in your room if you do not wish to take your own. One restaurant I would recommend to visit is SARAY in town. We eat there quite a lot and loved the atmosphere and the food. They have entertainment on Wednesdays and Friday nitghts. We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to kusadasi .Just be aware of the big hill on the way back from town, not suitable for elderly people or anyone with walking difficulties. The dolmus no 2 or no 2 over 10 will take you into town for under 2 lira and they run up until 12 pm, however after that there are plenty of taxies, but be aware that the fare goes up by 50% after midnight. Also try out the spa at the hotel, we went there twice it is wonderful so relaxing.
Sheelagh & Declan
Longford

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor which was wonderful, great views of the harbour. But I think all the...
3  Thank Sheila N
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Reviewer,I would like to thank you for your review you have left for our hotel goldenday wings.. hope to see you next time...

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hi there. Stayed at the golden day wings from the 10th June - 17th. Hotel is brilliant in everyway.
Rooms are very clean with lovely balconys. Great air con and massive showers.
The hotel food was the best we had all week. To be honest you didn't even have to leave the hotel.
The staff were great fun especially messi and Alex.
The pool even had a decent slide to add to the fun.
There was pool games every hour to split the day up.
If I was to say anything bad about the hotel it would be the fact your not allowed bring food or drink into your room from outside the hotel do forced to pay high prices in the hotel, or you could hide the food like most did before getting in the lift.
I found certain staff difficult to be happy with I won't name names but they didn't really seem to fit into the restaurant and were not confident so kept coming back to get me to repeat orders etc.
Overall though I will defo go back here.
I agree about the last poster about the certain YOBS causing trouble. You must have been there the week we were there.
Hotels can't pick and choose there guests.

I can't wait to get back and relax again.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank RevIrl

Reviewed June 20, 2012

hi ,spent a week at the golden day wings bk in may and it was my first time there ,i would recommend it highly to everyone from the time we arrived on the sunday nite we were made feel very welcome frm all the staff ,the rooms very beautifull overlooking the harbour and cleaned every day ,i even had the misfortune of loosing my phone and they were just brilliant at helping me ,there isnt one staff member i wouldnt recommend especially all the entertainment staff ,and i better not forget the restaurant staff,nesh,eric ,yup yup ,ayden and mr gino of course ..thanks again see u all in sept....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends