“Brill!!”
Review of Kayhanbey Hotel

Kayhanbey Hotel
Ranked #112 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Where can i start? Absolutely brilliant hotel, very clean, pool was clean and beds were so comfy! Arrived late at night and was helped with our bags into room and asked if we needed anything! Cleaner was good and very sweet . We was bed and breakfast, i found the variety great but apparently dinner wasnt very good but we went out as its only about £4 each to eat. Staff helped when needed without pestering and even served me tea on the terrace at 4 in the morning. Sauna was not in use but hey theres turkish baths near by. I think people need to remember a 4 star in turkey is our 3 star in Britain, it seemed like people there were looking for things to moan about instead of enjoying the holiday. great location. Overall great hotel for a couples holiday.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kayhanbey Hotel

Reviewed October 7, 2008

The location of this hotel is superb but a sea view room is essential to enjoy it to its best advantage. The town centre is a few minutes stroll away but if you want to get to a beach (such as Ladies Beach) you need to catch one of the regular mini buses.

On the face of it the hotel has everything going for it but is let down by a management that seems not to understand that it is best to get things right first time rather than dealing with complaints after they arise.

For instance in one of our rooms neither the fridge nor the TV worked. We were given another room. But why did we have to find this problem? A proactive management would have picked it up and dealt with it before we arrived.

We had booked two rooms each with sea views but initially were only allocated one. This was remedied after we complained. But why did we have to complain in the first place?

On three days in a row one of our rooms was not serviced. This was done after we complained. How can staff not service a room? Surely a basic check list would prevent this omission?

Dinner was available from 7.30 pm. By 7.31 pm any hot food (of which the choice was from only two main dishes) was only warm. Complaint produced some hot chips but that was all. Not quite the "selective dishes of international and Turkish cuisine" stated on the hotel web site...So despite being on half board we ate out most nights. Suggest if you stay at this hotel you go Bed and Breakfast only.

Rather like the food the shower/bath water was only ever warm rather than hot.

Wardrobes had only two clothes hangers. More were supplied on request but why did we have to ask in the first place?

So when we found the gym with its non operating digital readouts on the equipment (nobody seemed to have checked the batteries) and the sauna and Turkish bath which seemed to be being used as storage areas we were hardly surprised...

If you have young children in your party and/or are offended by someTV content please note that one of the channels on your room TV of an "adult nature".

To some extent we knew what to expect when we booked as we had read some of the web feedback from other guests. The Guest Book in the hotel lobby contained many similar critical comments. In their "wecome pack" the management says words to the effect that they want to improve their standards for the benefit of future guests.

That's easy - have a look at the on line comments such as these, have a look at your Guest Book and make a record of the over the counter complaints your receive. Then take action now rather than reacting later.....

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed September 2, 2008

my son and i stayed at this hotel my son then got a terriblle ear infestion which we presume was from the swimming pool as we did not swim in the sea and my son had a health check before we went on holiday i was very disstressed as my son had to see a dr 3 times in one day for treatment the room was not cleaned and we were offered no clean towels in 6 days i had to ask the maid to clean my room please the air conditioning was turned of during the night there was nothing in the room but a wardrobe and twin beds we both came home ill and it was a total horrible experience if this is a 4 star hotel i would not like to see a 2 star hotel a little bit of compassion for a sick child would go a long way but none in this hotel the photos are very decieving i am sorry i had to write this review but i was and am still vey angry at the service we might as well not excisted

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and it was very funy to see a different situation everyday. We stay there for work, so we did not stay at the hotel, just we sleep, have breakfast and maybe have a drink at evening time. The first night we ask for an iron, and they said that they do not have but they can iron our clothes and give it us next day at 9am because we were working, so next day my husband went to the reception to pick it up and they said 5 minutes more, finally at 9:30 I called to the reception asking again for the clothes and they said is on the way in not very nice way. 15 min later we got it and the clothes were not ironed!!!! 2nd day I went to the reception to ask for internet service and they said is free if you have your own computer, and the receptionist said also, that next day is my last day, I told him that it was not possible and he said yes is possible because I think we are busy!!!??? So I asked to my company what happend and it was an error. Finally we went back to the hotel and ask why the internet was not working and the receptionist again, not very educated said that my computer was the problem, I asked him to check the system, he did it angry and the system was down, so he turned on and started to work. The last 2 days I have to ask always for shampoo!!! the maid never gave us new shampoo and also they did not clean the bathroom, this is something logical but not for them, anyway I was not happy with the service, they have a nice terrace in front of the ocean but nobody gives service there, I had to go to the reception to ask for drinks!!!! I am happy that we were there just for sleep, the other wise I can get very angry if I am on vacations.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the hotel from 9th May for 1 week. The hotel is in a great location at the harbour and if you have a seaview you can watch the cruise ships coming and going daily however they do increase the prices when the cruise ships are in town so watch out, my advice would be do not buy gifts on these days. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I could not complain about the service. Unfortunately I would not rate this a 4 star hotel as although we had clean towels each day and the rooms were clean and fresh the bathroom could have done with a refurbishment. Another problem was the continual noise from next door!!!. You can hear all conversations clearly and you could have joined in at any time its that bad!!!. We even thought at one point that the people next door were in the room with us and even heard the cases being unzipped!!! Would not recommend if you have kids as we were still trying to get to sleep at 2am most nights. The pool and gym were not open and neither was the games room which was a dissapointment. We had breakfast on the first morning but ate out after that as it was really cheap. The breakfast in the hotel was mainly coldmeats, tomatoes and olives ok if this is what you like. Would I go again probably not as I like my sleep.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I stayed at the Kayhanbey for 3 nights on 3rd june 08.
I know Kusadasi very well as I lived there before, and found the location excellent for those looking to be central.The hotel is opposite the port,so at night you have a sea view, and during the day there is no need for taxis or buses to or home from shopping or bar areas which helps ir you are on a budget!

However, as I had booked the hotel as a present for my partner, we were quite disappionted when we headed off to the "sauna" as it didnt exist! We headed off with our swimwear and towels, as the sauna and gym etc are in the basement. We got into the lift and the doors opened into the basement into complete darkness and dust! It looked as if a gym and sauna had never even existed there, and there was no turkish bath. I thought it was strange that nobody mentioned it to us, and they werent apologetic when we enquired about it. Just said " no sorry its not working". Em ok!! Best to ask about this before you book.

We only ever ate breakfast in the hotel, which was ceral, which tasted like it was kind of stale, and the traditional turkish breakfasts. (olives,eggs, tomatoes and cucumber etc) If you dont eat cereal and dont eat turkish breakfasts, you would have to eat out as this is all there is! The orange juice is actually a very strong kia-ora type drink. yuck.

Staff were pleasant, although we never really needed them for anything.

Found it strange there was no iron in the bedroom, being a four star hotel. We asked for one at the reception, and were told we could give our items to laundry women at 7 in the morning. Strange but true, so obviously didnt bother as we were never up that early!
Also one night there was no hot water, we were told to wait 10 minutes which was actually an hour and a half.

All in all, nice hotel, not 4 star, very clean for turkish standards, excellent location for those looking to be central. We got this quite cheaply from a hotel website,so it was good value considering we saved on taxi fares home at night time.However, i wouldnt pay the regular price for it, which is €80 per night for single room if you book in the hotel itself. no chance.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2008

A dogs dinner describes the food. Take it or leave it - no choice. Hotel in darkness apart from reception. Take a torch you will need it to find slot for card to open your door. Very few facilities available - no sauna, gymnasium, turkish bath, hairdresser, beauty salon, massage,snack bar,roof top pool not filled till day before I left. The transfer time is approx two and half hours 175km from Bodrum - not 75km as per information sheet from Blue sea holidays. As this hotel is open all year round one would expect most of their listed facilities to be available. Bedrooms were good, clean and spacious, but that is about all it had going for it.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo