“Take plenty of imodium”
Review of Surtel Hotel

Surtel Hotel
Ranked #83 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed June 29, 2012

While visiting my mum who lives in Altinkum, her and some friends booked for 6 of us to go to kusadasi for 3 days for my birthday, which ended with 4 of us being ill.
Firstly when we arrived all 3 rooms were very very smelly so we all had to go n get bleach and air fresheners. Dont get me wrong the beds were clean but the floor was filthy.
When we went for our meal it was what we expected but every meal after that it was basically the same food as the last but only with a sauce added.
By day 2 a couple of us had fallen ill n by day 3 the other 2 had.

While we were there none of us had seen any member of staff wipe a table, sweep a floor or clean the pool. The glasses and cups were dirlty but what do you expect when there is only 1 man washing the pots.

The front postion of this hotol is amazing, with the pool bar and dining room overlooking the marina with all the cruise liners coming in every day but the broucher says sea veiws which is true if you bend your neck to see. Also if you think you are going for a nice quiet time, think again as there is a bar at the back of the hotel which is very noisey and says open till 5 am so not much sleep either.

Room Tip: rooms on each floor upto 15 dont seem to smell as much
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 6footcaz

Reviewed December 29, 2011

It was a fantastic hotel, I liked it very much, the staff were very friendly. Also amazing sea view and we are looking for our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank Meryl R
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Me and my family stayed in this hotel for 10 days all inclusive in July. This hotel is great. the staff are very friendly,the location is great 5min to nightclubs 2min to the market. Dont listen to the others comments, when i first checked the reviews most people were saying this place is rubbish but is not true. You will love this place.

Room Tip: the suites in the corner number 101
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank lennyn v
Reviewed October 10, 2011

my family stayed at this hotel in the middle of august, all inclusive constists of raki, red wine, white wine, and watered down vodka, which they were constanlty running out of. if u had more than 3 drinks they loooked at you funny and past comments in turkish. food awful
chicken every nite poor salad pasta, you were lucky if you got chips, ate at mcdonalds most of the time we were here and i dont eat at mcdonalds at home very often......
rooms basic overlooking a carpark/carwash depending what time of day it was..
bugs in both pools. childrens pool tiny 3 kids and its full...they were never cleaned in the whole of the two weeks we were there. fresh water pools should be cleaned every two days.
no english guests. so if your english hoping to meet other english families you have no chance. hotel was full of germans, greeks.swedes..ect...

2  Thank colette r
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have recently returned from this hotel with my family (5 adults, 3 children) (15/09/11) and found that the staff were friendly and helpful and yes the food was abit repetative but isnt every All Incluive holiday my 2 year old daughter didnt miss a meal and was never stuck for something to eat. If your kids are addicted to MacDonalds then this is not for them although because of the hotels excellent location a MacDonalds is just out the back of the hotel. Its beautiful views are amazing watching the cruise ships from the balcony its lovely. The only negative thing I could say is there isnt enough room around the pool and could have entertainment on in the hotel other than that. The rooms were cleaned everyday and were spotless. If your looking for a cheap hortel in an excellent location then this is the place to go. May return in the future

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacey L
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This has to be the worst Hotel in turkey.
The " All Inclusive " food was uneatable and reheated from the day before so it´s was not only terrible but also a serious health hazard.
The cleaning lady didn´t chance the Shower gel bottle in the bathroom for the whole week i was there. One day i asked the guy in the reception for instructions on what bus to take to a specific beach and his answer was " - I don´t know , Ask someone on the street ".

The only thing that this hotel has going for it is the location , and based on that it should barely have two stars. Three starts is an insult to proper three star hotels.

1  Thank Tiny M
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I bOoked this with out reading the reviews, and when I did I thought omg!!!! Yes the hotel is by the clubs and yes the music is loud, bring earplugs and it solves the problem!!!! The mosques are near by, and yes they are loud, have some respect, it's the Turkish way of life, if u don't like it, don't come to turkey!!! Anyway the hotel, the staff couldnt have been nicer to us, very welcoming, chatty and there English ok, not like my non existent turkish!!!! this isn't a family hotel, the pool is small, and no kids club, or telly room that we could find, they do have wifi! the food is mainly Turkish cuisine, but all very nice, I'm a very fussy eater, and there was something always for me to eat, fresh bread, salad, veg and pasta, the kids also found something to eat, the location is very good, very central! The view from our room was fantastic, over looking the harbour!! As it's only a 3* hotel, I'm very pleased with it, the rooms, basic, clean, and the air con very good, if you want top accommodation, go and find a 5* and don't moan!!! I will defo be coming back here, but not with the kids!!! At the end of the day, I want somewhere to sleep and shower, not buy the hotel!!!!

6  Thank Louise E