“Sozer”
Review of Sozer Hotel

Sozer Hotel
Ranked #74 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Sozer hotel in Kusadasi is a tipical 3 star hotel in my opinion. Hotel is located in a great place in Kusadasi, right on city beach and across the street is also a harbor. You must chose a room with sea view because its the best thing about the hotel, the view is breathtaking (sunset,harbor... ).City center is nearby (5-10min walk) and you have everything you need infront of you.Staff is very kind and helpfull.Food is not on my very nice list but I survived 10 days despite I am choosy.Rooms are clean but bathrooms need some rearrangement.Swimming pool is vrey small so if you like or need pool in hotel you are staying in you wont be delighted.All in all nice value for your money.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank puschke

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Got a good rate as it was end of the summer season/1 month stay.. Panoramic ocean view from the room, handy location. Breakfast/dinner included in the rate and meals healthy tasty and varied. Special mention of the chef/cleaning ladies/Yasin the manager (all very friendly/helpful!). My only negative comment is of the owner...felt invisible...never smiled or said hello! Anyway I wish the hotel/staff my best wishes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the ocean and on a higher floor to reduce street noise and music from the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KaseyIstanbul
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Much has been said in previous reviews about how the Sozer Hotel is in need of renovations and upgrade, so I will reiterate those sentiments here. I read TA reviews on the Sozer Hotel after my travel agency booked me a two-night stay as part of week-long itinerary through Kusadasi, so I was expecting basic accommodations. Suffice it to say, being a 3-star accommodation does not excuse being a subpar accomodation.

I arrived at night after an 8-hour bus ride from Cannakale and no one offered to help with my luggage at reception. The room was clean, if a bit dark, even with all the lights on. The 13" TV had a couple of English channels. I was a bit baffled by the wiring above the tub that was thankfully enclosed by wooden slats. The extension to the handheld shower was the shortest I had ever seen. I'm 5'3 but I still felt like i had to duck even if I had it fully extended with my arm.

The dining area is on the first level of the hotel, across the lobby from reception. On my first morning at Sozer, I had breakfast at 9 a.m., which is an hour before the breakfast buffet ended. The buffet was mostly depleted: the remaining boiled eggs were cracked and flies were doing a tour of the various cheeses. The only thing that was remotely appetizing was the tray of tomatoes. Breakfast on my second day was better: I arrived two hours earlier and there were no flies. The breakfast buffet contained the usual items: tomatoes, cucumber, various cheeses, boiled eggs, and olives.

There are two things I liked about my stay at the Sozer Hotel: 1) its location makes it a convenient walk to various places on the main street and to visit new friends in the area, and 2) the view from my room of the seaside.

If you are going to spend minimal time at the hotel and can live with basic accommodations, the Sozer Hotel may work for you. Maybe just get breakfast elsewhere if you are a late riser.

Room Tip: High floor, ocean front room if you do not mind street noise
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel ( and perhaps like many others here) has a great location by the sea which makes it one of it few selling points. The rooms are OK and fairly clean & comfortable; luckily I got a spacious one on the 5th floor with a great sea view. On the flip side- breakfast spread could have a bit more variety, the hotel also officially does not permit outside food or using tea/coffee makers ( of course one can sneak them in) which makes having snacks that require boiled water or simply having tea at will difficult. A big hotel professionally run, so it does not have the warm, cosy and family feel of small hotels and guesthouses.

Room Tip: Obviously the sea facing and upper floors ( 4th and above) are the best.
1  Thank raoganesh
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Location-Very good just across the sea
Quality of room- average ..old furniture
Quality o bathroom- poor.. bath tub not in working condition, hand shower damaged
No safe and refrigerator the room ... very small TV 15 "
Quality of food .. Good

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We looked for a hotel near the Universal hospital with WIFI and not too expensive and found Sozer hotel. The hotel and rooms are dated but clean. Sea view from our room and walking distance to the city center were a big plus. Breakfast was typical Turkish but offered a lot of choice. We didn't expect much from dinner but although the choice was limited because of off-season we were pleasantly surprised. When we had doubts about the menu we were allowed to take a look into the kitchen and the pots and pans. People were very friendly and we were pleasantly surprised by the value for our money.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were put in this hotel by our travel agent without knowing it beforehand. The accommodation was promised to be 3* however it is definitely not anywhere near it. The room is very dated with dirty carpet. The hallway is always dark and smell of cigarette wherever you go. Breakfast was average with mainly typical Turkish cold breakfast such as olives, cheeses and salami. Staff was not too bad but not very friendly either. There is no facility to make hot drinks and we were told we can ask for hot water but staff can get unfriendly if you asked for it.
We would not recommend to anyone unless you want a cheap place to stay and has very good bargain for it!

3  Thank tjaundoo