“Sea Pearl - Money Grabbers”
Review of Sea Pearl Hotel

Sea Pearl Hotel
Ranked #50 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last year my friend booked a two week holiday to the Sea Pearl, She booked a twin room and paid in full for same. She asked me to join her the second week. So I booked a flight and transfer myself. She notified the hotel staff that I would be joining her for a week. When I arrived a Sunway rep was waiting to meet me. She said, "lets fix up for the week now" before I had time to put my bags down. She brought me up to the desk and and said it will cost you €30 per night for accommodation. I was shocked and paid her €210 rather than cause a scene as my friend was standing there. We didn't discuss it during the week, but I know my friend was disappointed and embarrassed with the way I was treated, as she is a regular at that hotel for a number of years. Sunway were also aware that the room had been paid for in full, when she booked it.
We had a good week at the resort but the hotel was very average, certainly not worth paying for in the double. In principle I won't be staying there again or booking any holidays with Sunway Travel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bernadette B

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I wasn`t aware of the entertainment by the pool until I woke up one of the nights with New York,New York on the max volume,rang the lobby and the girl said they could not please everyone.Very hard beds,reasonable breakfast.Don`t expect much for the price you`re paying.Not far from ladies beach.I would go back to Kusadasi but to a different accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank saraisr
Reviewed December 9, 2012

As i said my family and i have been coming to this hotel for years, sometimes twice a year, the hotel in itself is mainly fine, spacious pool, decent lobby, brilliant and veeery HARD WORKING staff "its hard to relax and enjoy your drink when you know the people serving you are absolutely out on their feet, so unfair on them", Ok thats the positives.
Now for the negatives, Firstly you pay through the teeth for everything at this hotel, dining at the hotel is very pricey compared to restauraunts locally yet the food is in my opinion very average, Also the free breakfast is simply the worst ive ever come across anywhere, eggs eggs eggs, if you dont like eggs stay away, Nice restauraunt down the road to the beach called Denzis, they do a really good full irish or english and its very reasonably priced.
The beds are like slabs of concrete "No Exageration" Why someone would select these beds for a holiday hotel ill never know,
But the main reason i wont be returning to this hotel is the smell of Sewerage, on our last couple of trips to this hotel we noticed the smell but only as we were walking down the hill away from the hotel and we thought it was a temporary problem...How wrong were we, We went back sept 2012 and right from the time we stepped off the bus we could get the most disgusting smell of Sewerage, while not so noticeable during the day but once evening came it was gutwrenching, impossible to sit out on the balcony and definately not at the pool bar, only option was to leave the balcony door closed and head into Kusadasi itself or down to Ladies Beach,
Kusadasi is lovely with great selection of Restauraunts and the people are the best you will find anywhere, we will be back hopefully many more times but never again to this hotel, enough is enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
18  Thank horsesireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We travel to Turkey every year for the last 10 years, second time to Kusadasi, first time to the Sea Pearl. As hotels go in Turkey this hotel is good for the money we payed to Sunway Travel, location good for Ladies Beach, reasonable breakfast buffet style except for tea and coffee which is sad. Rooms are clean and basic with good views, we had bad smell in toilet, they sent up a kid with an aerosol spray, sewerage system seems to be a problem which is worrying, constant pong outside Hotel. As I said, for the money, all tolerable for Turkey, get in , sleep wash smile, get out and enjoy resort.... except for this awful stomach bug rampant among guests, we ended up having antebiotics by drip in hospital, they said it was a regular occurance for Irish visitors. Having read some of the other blogs it is evident that there is a problem with hygene or water, this bug could kill somebody. Sunway together with the Sea Pearl need to sort this out and stop fobbing people off if they want to keep customers. The room service cleaning lady was a real lady and very considerate. As a destination for holidays Turkey is hard to beat and we will be going back, but not here unless something is done to sort this problem out.

Room Tip: Stay on top floors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank AdrianMayo_Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I had a nice vacation in the Sea Pearl. The staff generally were friendly. The rooms were fine and cleaned every day. We had a few nice meals at the hotel, but there is better value & good food in Kusadasi itself. The hotel prices for drinks and food are much more pricey than in the resort and that put a lot of people off. Also a lot of people were annoyed that staff tried to keep them in the hotel for dinner etc. Families with children were annoyed that they weren't allowed to bring food or drinks- 7-up etc to their rooms which was very unfair. A local dolmus/minibus stops outside the hotel to bring you to the centre or to Ladies Beach which is nearby. The hotel is in a nice quiet area and very safe. There is a lovely, clean pool at the hotel,also there's a shop and hairdressers and a lovely spa too. There's also a weekly Buffet which is quite good followed by good entertainment.For a relaxing holiday it is an ideal spot.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank RosieLeixlip
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We are home two weeks from the Sea Pearl. Room was rather small, shower room was modern and very clean. Dining room was cramped at breakfast time. We had food once at the pool area, it was very poor.We dined in very nice restaurants at Ladies Beach and in Kusadasi. Dolmus service was very frequent. It was noisy at night and sleep quality was poor. There was a smell on the corridor outside our room. Overall we were very dissapointed with the Sea Pearl.

Room Tip: It would be difficult to advice as I expect rooms are noisy, we were on the top floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cloonfaughna
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Room perfect. service not great, food expensive in comparison with local restaurants. Expensive for boys to play pool. Would recommend on room only basis.close to ladied beach and bus outside on regular basis cost around 2.25 turkish lira.

• Stayed: October 2012