“Good and Bad”

Ranked #48 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Limerick, Ireland
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Firstly this a very honest review of a hotel.
We stayed in the Palmin Sunset Plaza Hotel , Kusadasi , Turkey last week in glorious sunshine.
Firstly the good points -
It is located in an idyllic spot on the side of a hill looking down on the beach, looking out over the Agean sea and you can see the sun set or rise. The hotel is absolutely spotless , the rooms are clean and spacious , are cleaned on a daily basis, it has a fine big pool . The staff in general are courteous and mannerly.There is fairly good entertainment most nights , free wi-fi in hotel foyer.
The bad stuff - this an irish run hotel (thats not the bad stuff!) . The breakfast is deplorable , it consists of fruit (apple, orange , water melon ), eggs , various cheeses, yoghurts, bread , tea , coffee , juices that come from a machine but actually are fizzy drinks. You will not receive any irish breakfast at this buffet but as soon as the breakfast closes you can BUY one at the bar( alittle bit irish).This hotel caters almost exclusively for irish tourists but does not cater for irish taste buds.
The hotel is miles outside the town so you need local bus or taxi to get into Kusadasi.There is a very strict policy of bringing no food or drink into the hotel .which is enforced when needed.The drink is one of the most expensive in the area (irish again ?).
Overall ? its a nice hotel but at the very least you should get a decent breakfast or have that option , what bothered people most was the fact that you could buy a genuine irish breakfast in the same hotel after the breakfast buffet had closed, its miles away from the town .
Would I go again ? NO

Room Tip: a room overlooking the pool with a balcony and on the top floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank christobin

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Limerick
Reviewed May 23, 2012

hi all, all i can say is that i have been three times to the Palmin, in the last three years and
i have to say i have never been disapointed. first year i went with the girls and loved it so much i asked my husband who i might add hates sun holidays to come with me and he did and now he will not go any where else. He loves the crack and the banter with one and all. even thought i enjoy every thing the hotel has to offer i.e. the fab wellness centre and the saloon, my husband loves the walks and the pool bar and the crack around the hole hotel. Every one seems to become a big group after a few days and its just good fun in the sun. Seamus the ower is there each night and he meets and greets and chats to people, the management team are so helpfull there is nothing they will not assist you with should you require and assistance. Also loved the little book corner, that would be my only criticism is that people should leave a comment on the inside page weather the book is good or not ha ha thats the only criticism i have of the hole place. thank you fifi and her team for making us become children again and enjoy ourselves each night as we would go down the town for a drink but we always came back for the crack. its a lovely hotel in a lovely place with lovely people. thanks for a wonderful stay see ye all next year.

Room Tip: we went as a group of friends so we had the family suite, which ment we had interconnecting doors. s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank BridLimerick
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here for a two week break in Sept 2011. I loved it! The staff are very helpful and nice. The rooms are massive! we had a top room with a balcony so you could see the pool and also the sun. The bathroom is not as large but it does the job. The air con works perfectly too. The room was cleaned all the time and new towels put out. There was so much space in the room to unpack and put everything away. The pool was great. It's so big so you are not on top of everyone. The sunset is amazing from the hotel, so sit there of an evening to watch it. The lunch menu in the hotel was great. We ate there alot for lunch, I loved the rolls that they done. They do push the BBQ night and we went to it the first week. It was good but no need to do it the second week. The entertaiment team work really hard and if you dont want to do anything they don't mind one bit. We also got a turkish bath at the hotel, it was really nice. The only thing I would say is not to but the excursions from the rep. They are soooo much cheaper down ladies beach and they all use the same companies anyway. Just make sure they have insurance. I have seen other resorts in Kusadasi and I wouldn't stay anywhere else only here.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor facing the pool
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank honeydroptravels
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times and it is the only one I would recommend in Kusadasi. I am very fussy about where I stay when I go on holiday and when my friend first booked this hotel I was dubious but I have returned again and again. The rooms are large, the pool is a great size and the staff are excellent, nothing is ever too much trouble. I loved the fact that if you do not want the entertainment at night you just go to your bedroom and with the air conditioning on you are not kept awake with noise, the entertainment stops at 11/11.30pm anyway so it is no big deal if you want a quiet night in. I never had a problem with the cleanliness of the hotel or the room so was very surprised to see some of the reviews mention that the hotel was not clean. I am trying to book this hotel again for May but as I am now living in London it appears to be very difficult to book it.

Room Tip: ask for top floor with view of the pool area
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank annebrennan
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I really had a great time in this hotel. The thing I liked the most where the staff, I thought they where really funny and friendly. One of the staff who we thought was grumpy turned out to be the nicest of them all, he even gave us the best table in the house and prepared a special flower arrangement on our tables. It was the little things like this that I thought made this hotel stand out. I also liked the way you could create a tab and pay off as much as you liked anytime you wanted. It is a bit dangerous as you start ordering cocktails after a few pints.

The other great thing about the hotel was the food in the restaurant at night time (the mexican steak was first class), My major gripe was the breakfast in the morning - I like a fry up for breakfast and personally I only went for breakfast once in the hotel as I did not like any of the other food. The pool in the hotel was great and the scenery was beautiful.

Traveling from the hotel to Ladies Beach or Kusadasi center is very handy with the bus which stops every 5 to 10 mins right outside the hotel gates - (it gets a little cramped but it only costs aprox 80 cent). I spent most of my time in the town centre at Kusadasi and had some really good nights. People go on about the haggling in the shops as being a pain but personally I found it get Fun. Some of the guys in the shops are so funny, so I recommend to go shopping with an open mind and not be afraid to say NO !!!!! I though some of the shirts and clothes I bought would fall to pieces when I got home but TBH I am going mad I did not buy much more as they are all still in top Condition.

Basically I would definitely go back to this hotel. If I was booking I would get a pool view.

Room Tip: Bring Wasp repellent, as the hotel i on a mountain there alot of wasps near the restaurant. Persona...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mkenna999999
Gorey, Ireland
Reviewed January 1, 2012

stayed here last summer. staff were sleazy, space-encroaching and at times inappropriate. food was bland and overpriced. shower broke in the room within the first 2 days, presses came off the hinges and the floor was rarely swept either in the room or on the stairs. tried to spend as little time as possible at the hotel as it was so unpleasant. honestly the only good thing about it was the view of the sunset. awful place

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Burnsie_85
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed here in September with my partner for two weeks. The hotel is situated far from Kussadasi town and is a good walk from Ladies beach. However, there is a bus that arrives up to the hotel every few minutes that will take you to these locations for a lira or two. There is a small beach down a steep hill from the hotel but you have to pay for the beds there unlike the pool in the hotel. The hotel itself is really nice for a package holiday, the staff are very nice and great craic. The breakfast included is very nice but if you want a change eat at the pool bar for a full Irish! We often had brunch at the bar and that kept us going till dinner. My partner had dinner there one night when I was under the weather and he really enjoyed it. We had the BBQ here one night, I thought it was tragic, the food was dreadful!! Which is such a pity as all other food there is nice, they really let themselves down... There is a tiny shop on the complex which sells cigarettes, sweets, chocolate. There is a very limited choice in the shop which is a pity as you’re not allowed bring in your own food, they really should make an effort here, especially when they ran out of certain products!! Overall it was a really nice complex, the staff are hilarious and the rooms are cleaned daily or 6 times a week.
We ate in ladies beach most nights and we really liked somewhere else and Sheriffs. Roseys is completely over rated, food was average, and I do not know what the hype was about. We ate in the following restaurants in Kusadasi town, Casablanca’s, Kalyons’s (kitchen of the world) and Planet Yukka restaurants and I would rate them in that order. Planet Yukka was nice but the staff were very annoying with all their self praise of the restaurant, the food was nice but not that nice!!! I thought they were a bit condescending when the waiter suggested I was going to order a Chinese, I like experience different foods so was insulted by his manor. Bar Street is crazy but great fun!!
All in all if you are staying in Turkey I would recommend the Palmin Sunset Plaza I will definitely be returning there.

Room Tip: Definitely get a pool view otherwise you will be looking on to a hotel or a small dirt road where th...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple