“Great holiday, fantastic value, friendly staff”
Review of Opus Apart Hotel

and 1 more site!
Opus Apart Hotel
Ranked #40 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great holiday, fantastic value, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We have just returned from 10 nights at the opus apartments and enjoyed every min of our stay. The staff are very helpful & friendly and keep all areas of the hotel spotlessly clean. The gardens are really beautiful and very well maintained, as is the pool area which is really lovely, with plenty of sun beds & umbrellas. If you prefer you can also sit in the lovely gardens where there is plenty of shade from the many trees.

The food at the hotel comes highly recommended, the chef "Jimmy" cooked us some really delicious meals. The menu has plently of choice and every thing we ordered was perfectly cooked and well presented. Breakfast was especially good with fresh eggs from the hotel's own chickens!

The rooms are spacious and again very CLEAN, We had a large lounge with kitchenette at one end, pation doors leading to a balcony. One double bedroom, with air con & hairdryer and a bathroom with a shower.

We walked to the main town every evening, it took about 15 mins, (many of the restaurants in town offer free taxi pick up & drop off if you eat in their restaurant but we preferred to walk.) Its very easy to get a taxi from the hotel, just ask at reception if the taxi is not already waiting outside.

If you are looking for a friendly, clean hotel, with great staff and most of all GREAT VALUE - it would be hard to beat the Opus Apartments

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
leicester
Reviewed May 5, 2009

You have a problem? No problem - Opus Apart Hotel will help you. Their staff are very friendly,nothing to much trouble. The rooms are clean and if you need anything you just have to ask and they will provide for you if they can. The pool is spotlessly clean and surrounding areas and gardens are kept very clean & tidy. Their menu is extensive and if it's not on the menu they will, providing you give notice, get you the food you want.
I have been visiting for 6 years, one year coming 5 times to Opusapart.
Would recommend to anyone with a family as it is very family orientated. It is only 10 /15 minute walk to the centre of Kusadasi and the busses are a constant flow so there is no waiting around. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
marmaris
Reviewed May 2, 2009

When we went to Opus Apart Hotel we really knew that we'll enjoy our stay. because they really welcomed us very friendly and kindly. we had a great night there. thanks a lot to everyone who helped us...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
manchester
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed at the "Opus"for a week in october 2008.

Fistly i must mention that on my first night here i attempted to take a shower but this proved near impossible as the water just shot out extremely hot, near boiling and burnt my leg, also after about 2 mins of this I was attacked by a huge cockroach which climbed in through the window even though i was on the fourth floor (Super roach??), I didnt manage to get a decent shower during my whole stay and this is very dangerous so be warned.

I am not one to normally moan but after reading the good reviews, I feel that I need to warn any future poor sods visiting these "dog kennels" the stench of dogs is absolutely everywhere. On my third day here while i was waiting for my breakfast one of the hotel owners that was preparing my breakfast was witnessed by myself patting and playing with his two black dogs and then he continued to prepare my breakfast without even washing or wiping his hands, as you can imagine this put me right off all my food.
The next day i decided to skip my doggy breakfast. The following day i decided to give breakfast another chance after all it was paid for but as soon as i sat down and my food was served the dogs came and sat near me with a dead rat or fish that stank to high heaven and made my stomach turn. who the hell wants their breakfast served in these circumstances??!! i later witnessed almost every day workers/waiters/owners etc all playing and petting these dogs and then handling food with no sign at all of washing. this is absolutely disgusting. this hotel should be shut down. See my photos

The breakfast was quite measley I normally stay at hotels that have a buffet style BnB but here they gave you 1 boiled egg, 3 pices of cucumber and tomatoes (which i attempted to feed the Rams but they were having none of it!!) a small slice of cheese and some burnt toast! 4 olives (which I saw them picking and pickling without washing which put me right off and the next day they gave us 8 olives instead!! woohoo!!) and some mixed juice OR a small coffee so i was left hungry and thirsty! ;-( thank heavens for the BurgerKing in town which was the highlight of my holiday!

The only good thing about the hotel is the grounds which are quite spacious and well maintained, they have a few chickens and rams to one side and towards the end they had a massive bee hive with bees the size of small birds!! which made me very nervous as when i was sunbathing, whenever a fly or insect sat on me I thought it was a bee!

The gardens have a range of different trees and it would have been nice to have a stroll but whenever i attempted this the dogs kept following me. I am not much of a dog person but I do not mind them but the dogs in this hotel would just not leave you alone whether you were having your breakfast, sunbathing and they even followed you outside the hotel where there were yet more dogs waiting and also across the entrance of the hotel there were open bins that were surrounded by wild dogs and cats everytime you went past they came at you.

It was a very very long walk to the main road where you had to wait a long time to cross as this is a very busy road and the drivers didnt stop to let you across but when you attempted to cross they sped up as they always do in Turkey! The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and a small gravelly track leads you to a dual carriageway which you need to cross.

The pavements here are very high they almost reached my knees and I am not that short! At some places they were even higher so this isnt a good area for people with walking difficulties or people with small children and even normal healthy people would have difficulty walking here. This hotel being in such a remote area would be ideal if you wanted to hide from the law! i must stress again it is in the middle of nowhere there isnt even another hotel around for a good distance. The hotel have been selling rooms as apartments and i think that the apartment owners are leaving good reviews as there is nothing good about this hotel.

We stayed on a BnB basis but there is limited self catering equipment which is very poor S/C equipment should at least include a kettle and some other items and maybe a toaster as well.

Kusadasi itself is a nice area once you have gotten past all the dirt roads and uneven hilly roads and there is a bridge that overlooks a beautiful bay but the bridge is also used as a carriageway for large lorries.

There are plenty of shops and places to eat in Kusadasi but with this being a harbour town the prices are extremely inflated and it is very difficult to pick up any sort of bargain here as I am accustomed to doing so in Bodrum or Antalya.

To go anywhere you either walk 50mins up hill to the next/nearest bar or restaurant or walk 10mins through a residential area to the main road and catch a dolmus to the centre and also its no where near the beach you have to walk a good hour and a half or catch 2 dolmuses to get to it!

Would i come here again?? Only of i was drunk.. but i dont drink.. or maybe if the law was after me and i needed a remote place to hideaway in

• Stayed October 2008
4 Thank mosiebait
manchester
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I visited the Opus hotel in October of 2008 sorry for the late review i am still recovering.The reason for my visiting this hotel was all the great reviews left by all of you people. Are you all crazy????? or taking the mick??? This is the worse hotel that it has been my misfortune to stay in throughout my 4 visits to Turkey.
THIS HOTEL IS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!!!! There is nothing at all to do here or any place to visit. At night coming to or fro the area it is almost pitch dark and I felt scared.Then you have to cross a very busy dual carriageway to get anywhere good.There are wild stray cats and dogs all over this area.The footpaths are so high you need mountain climbing gear and this is a very hilly and steep area. If you have trouble walking then god help you!!
Granted, the hotel rooms were pretty clean but very basic. I had a room in the rear of the hotel and as there are hills and trees there only i had the problem of immense creepy crawlies in my room for the whole of the week, these included flies, mosies and cockroaches even though my room was on the 4th floor! I still have mosie bites on my arms and legs. This is the only time I have ever been bitten while in Turkey.The portable t.v had a few channels but none were clear. The fridge made an almighty noise coming on or off most importantly the showers were dangerous as i scalded myself several times as you would get a sudden gush of boiling water when you least expected. I think this would be especially dangerous for children and older guests.
We were on a b+b package.The breakfast in the morning was not buffet but turkish which consisted of 1 boiled egg, 3 wilting slices of alleged cucumber, 3 droopy slices of tomatos, 4 sickly looking olives, 1 slice of cheese,1 portion of jam and flame thrower burnt bread. On the whole a very very very poor and meagre start to the day!!!!!! This I suffered for the whole 7 days of my stay there.To make matters worse still if that seems possible the owners 2 yapping dogs kept following you about everywhere. One morning while I was trying to down the humbling breakfast which I am sure must be surpassed even in strangeways prison, the owners dogs came right under my table and startred to eat a rotting fish carcass, i almost vomited from the immense stench and accompanying flies.
The staff seemed friendly apart from one of the waiters who seemed to have an attitude problem.I was not offered any help with my luggage on arrival or departure.
The pool area and bar were o.k but the pool was freezing and full of leaves and there were numerous flies and cockroaces all over the place.
overall a great dissapointment and very poor value for money.I would not go to this area again. My advice try Bodrum or better still the lovely and clean Alanya.

• Stayed October 2008
3 Thank here4thesun
england
Reviewed November 15, 2008

We stayed at the opus for two weeks in september and loved every second, The apartment we stayed in was a privately owned apartment with everything we needed (shower, kithchen area, balcony, air-con, etc..) also the owner contacted us to let us know he has left some extras in the apartment such as an iron, salon hairdryer and straighteners so that ment we didnt have to take our own which was nice and kept down the weight of our cases. also the owner told us he had put in a toaster and kettle which the other apartments dont have and he left tea and coffee and sugar which was welcome as we didnt arrive till the early hours.
The hotel itself is very well run and all the staff are very helpful and most are fluent english speakers the gardens and pool area are very well maintained and the pool and restaurant are very reasonably priced, the head chef Jimmy can not do enough for you and anything you ask for he will try to come up with the town centre is not too far away 3 mins by bus at the end of the road and one night after a big dinner i decided to walk it and after asking reception the best way i set off expecting 30-40 mins but infact a gentle stroll only took me 20 just enough to walk off my big belly full. i will definately be returning to the opus in 2009 and will be contacting the owner of the apartment we stayed in again as when we were talking to other families at the pool we found out we had got our apartment for quite a lot cheaper than anyone else had so all in all agreat place for familys couples and singles

• Liked — the helpfulness of everyone
  • Disliked — having to come back to grey cold England
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank opusopus
mancheter
Reviewed October 28, 2008

we have just returned from the opus hotel. the hotel rooms were pretty basic-but clean. the showers were dangerous-as my wife burnt herself on the first night.you would get a sudden burst of hot water.i thought this would be especially dangerous for children and older people. we went on a half board package.breakfast in the morning was turkish which consisted of fried egg, cucumber, tomatos, olives, cheese, jam and bread.
I did ask for english breakfast one morning which we had to pay 8 lira (around £3) each extra. wasn't that nice really. they would alter breakfast for you though-if you just wanted egg on toast etc... you were not given a choice of the main meals.this was just brought out to you.I was a bit apprehensive at first about this as i like to know what i'm eating. the meals we had though were ok. although some of the foods were repetitive like rice, salad, chips tended to be with everything and watery soup for starters-ruberry chocolate mousse or fruit for dessert.
The staff were friendly apart from one of the waiters who seemed to have an attitude problem.
the pool area and bar were well kept and there seemed to be good facilities for kids.
overall good value for money.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — showers
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)