“Diasappointed”

Ranked #114 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Blackpool
“Diasappointed”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having just spent 4 days at the Coastlight I must say we were very disappointed.The rooms was good but the hotel was rather poor, food was passable, staff very nice, but there was nothing to do at the hotel, the food was even worse when the overnight coach parties arrived. There was only 1 lift working during our stay and after dinner there was no where to go and nothing to do unless you get the bus into Kusadasi.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ladyoflleisure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 19, 2013

me and ny other half spent 2 weeks at this hotel and it was the best holiday we have all these people that r saying bad things don't listen to it the breakfast was limited yes but u have got toast and the waiters and staff are so helpful in dealing with problems you have the rooms are cleaned every day and the hotel is spotless yes when u go away abroad you are bound to get mozzies because its hot we had a great time seriouwley if u want a good and relaxing hiday then I and ny husband recommend this hotel and I can't understand y people are complaining I think its because they can't get there on way.please go the staff and everyone r so friendly.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank hb1983
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed there the last 2 weeks in April - a bit too early for the start of "Season", but the weather was great for 10 out of 14 days. Hotel in the middle of nowhere and catered mostly to tour groups who arrived for dinner, spent the night and left after breakfast. Various tours from different parts of Europe every evening. Friendly staff but not much English spoken, except for Speedy - the Catering Manager (we think), who was most helpful and seemed to be able to converse in all languages. The room was adequate but one would have to be at least 7 ft. tall to comfortably reach the hanging rail in the wardrobe or use the little viewing hole to see who was outside the bedroom door. However, there seemed to be better choices of rooms, but we were not considered for them. We were disappointed not to have been assigned one of the better ones as we were booked in for 2 whole weeks. Breakfast was the same every morning - typical Mediterranean fare (no eggs or bacon except for boiled eggs). Dinner was boring - the same items were featured on the second week as we had during the first one. Took little bus into Kusadasi Center almost every day (10 minutes @ 1Euro pp). The buses run all the time and are very convenient. Had fun it the town haggling with the shop owners

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank gramcracker0
Kemer, Antalya, Turkey
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Hi, I stay this hotel with my wife, rooms was VERY clean and large. İt has a very nice view from balcony.

when i read some bed comment about hotel, I suspected to make a reservation. But we are going to leave very happy, I spoke one of waiter he said they repair reception, lobby and restaurant last year. And they repair all rooms begining of this year.
Breakfast and dinner wasnt very reach but it taste very good. If you have BIG (very big) expectation choose other hotel. Im hotel management in kemer just i need to say Dont hesitate to make reservation for this hotel.

Thanks everyone for read my comment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Sinan U
London
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I will only comment on this RULE that they impose on you by signs: If you bring food/drink from outside into the hotel, they will charge you for it. What kind of a dictatorship is this? I cannot buy and bring a .50 Turkish lira bottle of water from outside so that I have to pay you 4-5 times that for the same? Look. You have minibar. It's in my discretion to use it if I absolutely need to. But you CANNOT charge me for the food I bring in, this is against basic human rights. I have the right to bring my food anywhere I intent to live for a few days. What a joke. By providing service like that, you're shooting at your own leg for a few bucks more here and there. And you get all these reviews on the same topic. Must be happy now.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank fe2010

Travelers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

sale
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have read other reports of this hotel and I think we have been in a different place! We have just spent 3 weeks at the Coastlight Hotel.Dolmus out front. Pool and beach out back. Clean and friendly. A bit of a Fawlty Towers element to the place but hey - lighten up. What do you want for the money.We are already planning to go back. 5 star it is not, and of course they don't want you bringing in food, how are they supposed to make a profit?? but having seen some of the alternatives we were very pleased with our choice. The hotel has people on tours for a couple of nights at a time, but this was to our advantage as the pool and sunbeds were never full. The beach is narrow but 5 minutes walk away is Long Beach, lovely. Five lira in a dolmous will take you to the edge of the national park where you can see wild boar and if you are lucky, dolphins. Kusadasi is 10 mins away with all manner of life, both day and night. This was our first trip to Turkey but will not be our last. And Coastlight, despite it's little foibles will do us very well.

Room Tip: We had 310 and 311. One had a sea view but the other was bigger.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank dotsale
carlow
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Management & staff were useless (with the exception of the cleaning lady for our room). Tables after the breakfast were just dusted down with a dry cloth to get the crumbs off the tables but just left on the floor- no clean table cloths put on the tables. On numerous occasions at breakfast we came across chipped glasses on the tray. The lunch menue was a joke as no matter what you asked for they did not have. We had been advised that there would be entertainment on a few of the nights - not true. It took them 4 days to get in bottles of light beer. The bar was not very welcoming, most of the lights were turned off , the manager was the only one that could serve you & he was usually sitting in the dark with another lady watching either something on the laptop or on TV he only went behing the bar if you were standing at it waiting to be served or if a staff member advised him there was somebody at the bar waiting to be served. When you asked for ice in your glass he just dipped his hand in the ice bucket & dropped the ice in your glass - this would be the same hands he is handling the money with. The cost of a drink in the hotel was more expensive that the restraunts overlooking the sea & marina.We stayed on the 4th floor & at night there was only a light as you got out of the lift but you had to walk in the dark to your door. Yes the hotel is on the beach but the sea is very rocky & full of sea weed. Would notrecommend this hotel or stay in this hotel again.Suggest a change in management & staff would turn this hotel around

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple