Ephesia Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$67
$54
$46
$56
Travelocity
All reviewspideturkeyall inclusive conceptevening entertainmentsunbedsholidaybelgiumrepanimators
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went for 1st two weeks of September and found it was starting to quieten down. No problem with getting a sun bed. Found the organisation at dinner to be chaotic if you arrived after the initial rush. Staff were more concerned with clearing tables than serving. Animation team worked hard during the day but evening entertainment was poor. Food quality was good and varied at all meal times - always found something that we enjoyed. All inclusive drinks were ok although the fridge in the room was not stocked with anything. Views and sunsets were beautiful. Shame the roof bar was not utilised.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at the Ephesia with my girlfriend last week (25th July 2012), both in our early 30's for a relaxing week in the sun. Having paid for all inclusive we expected a high standard of accommodation, food and service. We were very pleasantly pleased at just how nice the hotel was. The view is fantastic from the balconies on the main front side of the hotel out to sea, overlooking the bay with spectaular sunsets. Modern recently refurbished contemporary decor in the rooms. Cleaned daily to a high standard.

Very wide range of food at the buffets and different location for evening meal to make it feel more classy. All staff were very helpful and pleasant. Most guests were polite enough queueing in restaurants, but guess its down to the luck of the draw when you stay! Is mostly German, Belgium, Dutch and Turkish there but this didnt detract from our stay. All staff spoke and entertainment was in English. Entertainment team were great, very friendly and think they definitely appreciate the English visitors they do get. Not sure why some people thought different in their reviews - we met fellow Brits who had come back after because they liked hotel so much.

Location is a bit out of Kusadasi resort, but in a nice area - the resort centre is too hustle and bustle to be a location for a decent hotel. Everything you need is in hotel and beachfront is nice to escape out to in the evenings for a change of scenery.

Overallv - fantastic, romantic holiday

Room Tip: front of hotel, higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Phillip B
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We visited Ephesia Hotel in June 2012. We had a great holiday! The hotel is clean and cool, with a relaxed atmosphere. Staff are welcoming, helpful and friendly. The food was very good with a more than adequate variety. The Animation team are fantastic! working hard throughout the day to put on lots of activities if you so choose. Chief, Yakin and Company, Good Job!!! Not forgetting Reception staff, with someone always at hand and ready to help, also all bar staff are warm friendly guys and girls. Thanks to you all!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Olive W
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just got back from a weeks stay with my girlfriend, her 2 brothers (aged 21 and 23), her dad, and his fiancée. Had a great time.
Check in:
Quick and painless
Room:
Clean, cool, with everything you could need.
Pool:
This is an area for the families, as there's a fair few children, but I didn't mind this as I was happy on the beach.
Staff:
Pleasant, helpful, friendly.
Meals:
lots of salad, dips, meats - a good selection.
Facilities:
Great - lots of games (not included) and free ping pong - from the animation staff.
Beach:
Very close to the bar, very close to the sea. Perfect. if you don;t like the sand, or can't get a sun lounger, there's a good number that are available to be put on the grass in-between the pool and beach, We only did this on the last day, I wish I'd done it sooner! Find a staff member in a blue shirt and they'll do all the lifting and parasol setting up for you!
Had a great week!
Thanks Ephesia
Tom - Room 616

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I are a young couple in our mid 20's and we decided to book a last minute holiday for two weeks. We have previously been to Turkey but to Side so when we were offered another Turkey holiday we went for it. We paid around 2K for the 2 of us to go on holiday the next day for (what we were told) was a 4 star all inclusive hotel. I was reluctant at first as the holiday was with Thomson whom I have had bad experiences in the past.

When we arrived in Kusadasi our transfer was delayed due to passengers getting on and off and one lady wasn't even meant to be on our bus!

We arrived at our hotel around 1am, much later than expected. The reception staff were very rude and spoke very little English at all. We asked about using the safe in our room and how much etc. The man on reception clearly had no time for us or any interest in helping. He gave us the price per night in Euro and when we advised that we had Lira and asked how much he simply shrugged at us and said "you can pay on check out" so that was that.

Our room was lovely and I think the best thing about this hotel is the cleanliness of the room and the housekeeping staff and maintenence staff are friendly and very good at their job. Our room was not as we expected as we had two single beds which could not even be pushed together. However, we didn't bother reporting this as we felt we would get no where with reception. We only spoke to reception twice more, once to report the wardrobe door had broken and once to ask for late check out which at first they said no to.

The food at this hotel was not good. Both of us got food poisoning on different occasions which was awful. The "Turkish Night" was non existent and there wasn't even donner meat served, just chicken. I really couldn't see how it was a Turkish Night other than the fact we were in the country. I think every night was German night if I'm honest because as usual they were fully catered for and had waiters at their tables speaking fluent German and serving them drinks. We were asked TWICE in the two weeks we were there by a waiter if we would like drinks. My boyfriend went to the bar himself and a rude waiter shouted to him "It is waiter service" to which my boyfiend replied "Well it's clearly not a very good service as I have served myself everyday!" The waiters mostly stood around chatting amongst themselves and watching you eat.

We never sat by the pool the whole time we were staying here for two reasons. 1. You couldn't get a lounger courtessy of the morons who get up at stupid o'clock just to put towels out (why?!) 2. The area around the pool smelt of sewage very badly and I honestly don't know how anyone could sit there all day as I turned my stomach!

We found that sitting on the grass and on the beach was the best idea. The beach was a little bit dirty due to peoples cig ends and on one occasion I sat down on a lounger where some generous person had left a rolled up soiled nappy for me! But we found that the closer you sat to the sea the cleaner the sand. The sea was gorgeous to swim in and it was a peaceful way to spend the day away from the music and sound of the long haired entertainer who loved the sound of his own voice too much.

The entertainment staff were very good with the children and my boyfriend did partake in some of the activities. The entertainment staff did come round and say good morning everyday and ask if you wanted to join in. They were generally very nice and you could see that they did work hard. It was just the one who loved the sound of his voice. He didn't wear a uniform and letched around the girls all day.

The beach bar was nice to sit in at night as it was the coolest place. The bar staff down at the beach bar were a bit rude compared to the staff up at the pool bar who were lovely. All the bars shut at bang on midnight and the staff would then close up and leave you drinking in the dark. It was like the whole hotel shut down at midnight.

All in all I can safely say that we would never go back to this hotel. I really think this should be removed from Thomsons brochure as there were only a hand full of British people here who were ignored and not catered for. Other guests mainly being Turkish, German and Dutch seemed to turn their noses up at us Brits and I really don't see why we have such a bad reputation abroad when these people are pushing into queues at dinner time, pushing there way into lifts infront of you so you have to wait, pushing in at the bar and putting towels out at 6am when there are signs which say this is not allowed. The staff just ignore all of the above.

We did book this last minute and therefore we did not research the hotel and had to go off the information given to us by the travel agent. We were very disappointed with this holiday and for the amount we paid for such a basic hotel. Had we have known there was a sister hotel to this one, the "Ephesia Beach Club" we would have definitly booked there instead as we have heard great things.The Ephesia Hotel is NOT a 4 Star in any capacity. I don't think we are a couple with high expectations at all and this was my first experience of All Inclusive.

If you book this hotel please be aware that you are not getting your moneys worth in the slightest!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple