“Great holiday”

Fantasia Hotel De Luxe Kusadasi
Ranked #35 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a great holiday at the hotel and thought a list of pros and cons may help you judge whether it is ideal for you. we travelled as a couple so didn't use any of the kids facilities.
Pros
Room was cleaned well and fresh towels daily
Good modern room
We had a problem with the TV which was resolved promptly
Pool was clean ( only used the relax pool)
Nice cooling breeze on some days
Beech was clean and well kept
Food was good quality
Grill was particularly good
Waiters quick to fill drinks ( not my experience that they favoured any nationality)
Staff were friendly especially if you engaged with them ( we learnt a couple of Turkish words)

Cons
Pool area is tight and sunbeds were close together ( the beach seemed more spaced out)
Usual early morning saving sunbeds and did see one of pool staff reserving beds for people (guessing a tip sorted that for them) not a problem personally as I am up early
Some people reserved beds then didn't come down until late afternoon
My main gripe was the lack of courtesy room at the end of the holiday. Quite expensive to keep your room on just to have a quick shower and change. We were directed to the indoor pool area where there were 3 showers with glass doors in an open area. These were communal and all together. Stagnant water standing at one end made this a particularly unpleasant experience. 2 changing rooms and had to dry my hair in the toilet so not ideal and probably not the best last experience of a really good hotel.

Overall a good hotel and would visit again but maybe a little more out of season. Kusadasi is very busy and although I've travelled to Turkey on many occasions I found the shop owners here to particularly bothersome to the point I couldn't be bothered to shop. The dolmus in kusadasi was an interesting experience if their isn't a lane on the road to drive in then just create your own! I don't think I'd like to drive in this area. Dolmus stop is just across the road from the hotel and is really cheap equivalent to £1.
Erzican restaurant is excellent I have done a separate review but can highly recommend. Turkish night trip through Thomson's was shocking unless you appreciate a 65+ guy singing Delilah! Ephesus half day trip was a fantastic experience really interesting and worthwhile. It is very very hot in July so take water and a hat. Thomson had umbrellas to shade you to borrow and I recommend you do!

Room Tip: In the hottest season rooms facing long beach are cooler at night.
1  Thank Browsy
FantasiaHotelGR, Guest Relations Manager at Fantasia Hotel De Luxe Kusadasi, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest;
We thank you for your ''feedback''about our hotel. We will be very happy to see and welcome you in our hotel again. Your comments are too important for us so that we can develop our quality even further with the help of your ideas.
Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Fantasi is situated a good Ten miles outside of Kusadasi,luckily the Dolmiush run a god service here or it would be around Twenty Euros every time you wanted to go to the town.
Fantasia is a vastly over opinionated facility - it is definitely a Four Star if you're lucky hotel pretending to be something else. There is definitely posh stuff within the place,but pretty facias do t make luxury - that comes with service facilities etc.The rooms are a very lavish version I. Size of what we would expect from a travelodge - nothing more. When we first arrived they had allocated us the wrong room type, when we queried this, we had to attend Three times before we were offered an alternative. I said to the desk clerk we have not come here to spend our holiday queuing. He said to me "What do you expect me to do about it?" The hotel facilities are vastly overrated in their literature, THERE ARE NOT enough sun beds for the amount of people using the pools, no sort of realistic calculation has been done to work to how many are needed. Same thing gos for the pools, they are vastly undersized for the amount of people whom would want to use them.The private beach is a sham, nothing more than hard ground covered with a sprinkling of sand, and very difficult to negotiate to access any sort of beech walk.All in all not a great experience, although the holiday as a whole was restful
We had our room forcibly accessed twice.Once the chain was broken! The hotel authorities didn't take this seriously - luckily we had paid extra for a safe so nothing could be stolen.Our balcony - as others was generously sized, however we were totally overlooked by an adjacent properties balcony, and to merely dress or undress meant we had to have the curtains pulled at all times. Mossys were a problem - we ended up buying our own pesticide in an effort to eradicate. We came away with countless bites although every precaution was taken. The food was good - but as ever repetitive and became boring. Again the restaurant was grossly undersized for the amount of people they had in- which meant difficulty in seating often. The themed restaurants were a farce, and the one we tried would draw on its menu from the main kitchen, which meant a quarter mile hike with a tray of food to supply the themed restaurant, which presumably is why it was cold! essentially the hotel was situated on eight floors and actually terraced down a cliff face which meant it appeared tightly fitted between Two existing facilities with no real thought to things like privacy in some room locations.The grounds were nice but again grossly under sized for the patronage they had in.
The hotel prices were excessive for what was provided, and it would have to be vastly cheaper to justify the inadequate facilities.
Yes there was a lot of miserable looking faces in the dining room - it seemed obvious our opinions wre shared. The transfer was overpriced, it would have been quicker and cheaper for us to get one of the areas decent taxis to and from the airport.
Opinion:I have experienced far better value for money in many areas of the world where even 4 star and 4 star plus exceeds what was on offer here. I Would Not recommend it in any shape or form - as a resort hotel it failed dismally. Oh and finally, all extras were chargeable, and special offers and excursions presented by the regal rep were a con. And did not consist of a complete package - Turkish bath and sauna only consisted of a Turkish bath - contrary to what was promised - anything else was extra!?
I would remind the reader that I have nothing to gain by this report - I just wish somebody had given me a realistic idea of what it was really about before we spent so much - end-

Room Tip: Cant do we were promised a room we wanted before our departure and it didn't happen, moreover th...
2  Thank sparkle032

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just came back from this hotel yesterday and am booking to go again next week.the service from the moment u arrive is brilliant and the staff r so happy and polite and try to help ad best they can. Everything u want in the hotel and more...the animation team r brilliant and make the holiday so much fun and full ove laughs....clean friendly and brilliant food and so close to nightlife and markets. Defo would recommend this hotel and couldnt think ove n e where better to go with or without children

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Ladyantikz

Reviewed July 17, 2013

When booking hotels in Turkey you have to be incredibly careful as you never really know what you are going to get. However, have no reservations about the Fantasia De Luxe - this is truly a fantastic hotel and you will surely enjoy your experience.

Positives:
Pool areas - fantastic! One large pool which plays loud music all day and has plenty of activities going on. Then another smaller pool which is nice and quiet if you would like to relax without any noise or disturbance.

Restaurants- Buffet is great, from what I have heard it has definitely improved this year and the food is much more tasty. My partner and I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks and there was always plenty of choice. We also went to all 3 of the al-la-carte restaurants and thought the food was great at all 3. The Turkish one in particular was fantastic, the food was very tasty and the service was very personal which was nice.

Bars- All very nice areas to sit and relax with a great view of the sea. Service is always good and staff keep on top of service to ensure you are never left waiting. Yahya in indoor bar particularly helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

Animation- Work incredibly hard to entertain staff. They have a very talented head of animation called Simba who leads most of the activities and presents the night time entertainment. I have been to many hotels across the world and Simba has to be the best, a very entertaining and talented individual who can speak 8 languages - he works tirelessly to put on a good show and make the guests laugh.

Spa- had 3 excellent massages which were very enjoyable and great value. Definitely worth haggling the price, they will make a very affordable package for you if you give them an ultimatum of going outside the hotel!

A few small negatives which could be reviewed by the hotel -
1.Reception staff not the friendliest and speak little English. I always visited the guest relations department instead of the reception, as I was not always certain the reception staff would be able to help to the standard required.

2. Quality of cocktails poor - the fruit juice used in the cocktails is poor, therefore ruins most of the drinks. Although I am not expecting freshly squeezed fruit juice, sugary juice drinks are never going to produce quality drinks.

3. Night time Entertainment - although the animation staff work tirelessly to entertain the guests, a number of the night time shows need to be reviewed. The Turkish Night, Egyptian dancing and Circus were particularly boring and you lose interest after about 10 minutes. The shows are very hit and miss, but the African Safari and Night of Legends shows were fantastic and definitely up to the standard you would expect at a 5 star hotel. Another issue with the entertainment is it finishes very early, the show is usual done at around 10.45pm and although they sometimes have karaoke or play music in the outside area until 12am, you often find yourself going up early or going into Kusadasi centre as there is not much to do after dinner. I am not expecting to come to this hotel and party, however it would be nice to have the option to listen to some live music until you went to bed.

On the whole take nothing away this is a fantastic hotel, the rooms are great, the pool areas are great and all of the staff are very friendly. A couple of changes and this hotel could go to the next level.

You will enjoy your stay so please ignore the negative reviews!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a sea view. Anything is fine apart from the ones at the front fa...
2  Thank jarett

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my girlfriend have recently returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. Upon our late arrival one night we were immediately greeted by the reception staff and a ported who served us a cocktail before we had even given our check in details the porter then took us to our room and showed us everything all the staff were very helpful... They didn't have our room available when we got there but they upgraded us into a suite which was bigger than my girlfriends flat so we weren't complaining. Once we got our stuff in the room and sorted we went down to check out the bar and see what the all inclusive life was like as we both hadn't done it before. We saw the bar menu and were shocked at the variation of different drinks and how lovely they were, Me and my girlfriend were both a bit worried they would be watered down but after only 5 I can assure you that they aren't... The next day we got up for breakfast and again we were so so shocked the choice and quality of food was amazing in the hotel there is a wide variety and then outside as well they add things like omelettes for you to choose from or pancakes etc. it was the same for all meals and the dessert bar is a joke the biggest selection of the finest cakes and slices etc. you could possibly imagine I am very greedy with my food and fussy at the same time but there wasn't a meal time that went by the whole stay that I didn't feel stuffed afterwards also my girlfriend is vegetarian and even she had more choice than she could deal with. All round the hotel is spotless alright it gets a bit messy in the day time cause of people leaving cups and glasses around but this is soon dealt with by the staff who are constantly going round and cleaning up after people. me and my girlfriend both had pictures taken by the photo team that are in this hotel the pictures were taken in the grounds and at the hotels beach and we couldn't believe how amazing they looked they really did an amazing job and the guys were awesome throughout the holiday and made our stay even better than it could have been already. The hotel is a bit out of the way but not far enough to be a major issue. The water sports I would recommend also as they are well worth the money and the staff at the water sports are very kind and friendly also. I even had a bit of a medical emergency in my holiday and the on site medic who even though didn't speak much English helped me so so much my needle for my insulin had broke and she sorted a new one out for me and didn't even ask for insurance details. I don't know what else to say I cant big this hotel and their staff up enough all round perfect next time ill be going for 2 weeks instead of one that's my only complaint the holiday was too short :( I dont know how this hotel has got any bad reviews either people don't know what they are talking about or maybe perfection for some people just isnt enough???? I could write for hours and hours about this place but in one word its PERFECT anyone who doesn't book this hotel is missing out. I never write reviews or anything but I felt i had to give this place the justice after the holiday it gave me I even filled out there comments card and wrote on a whole extra sheet of a4 cause i couldn't fit all the compliments in I have uploaded some of the photos that i got done from the photo team at the hotel as well people should definitely give it a go!!!

3  Thank Chalkie W

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Before I get in depth with my review I'd like to point out that those who state that there could be "more choice" for dinner etc, really should've explored the options available more!! Not only was there the buffet each meal time, there was a chef on the middle terrace of Ballade Bar each day who cooked fresh chicken/fish etc, along with chips and rice and some delicious looking puddings, there was Bar Allegro which had delicious pizza, spaghetti Bolognese, cheese burgers and salads for lunch (this is aside from the buffet which is three times a day) there was a lady who cooked Gozleme each afternoon on the main pool, which is a delicious Turkish snack made of dough, cheese and spinach - try it! You could get some snacks from the beach bar including sandwiches, not to mention the 3 A La Carte restuarants (Meditteranean, Turkish and Sea Food). We only ate at the sea food restaurant, which was delicious!!

I guess there could be a more in depth selection of all inclusive drinks and cocktails... I am a wine drinker and there was one Rose, one White and one Red - take your pick! We each had ONE SINGLE Jack Daniels and coke, and ONE red wine each after the midnight cut off point for all inclusive drinks (only 2 of us) - our bar bill was 56 TL. If you consider the red wine was 8 TL per small glass, and the JD and coke TWENTY TL per drink (!) this is pretty shocking...but when you are all inclusive, I guess it doesn't matter so much - god help those on a lesser board basis!

The accommodation was immaculately clean. the maids were brilliant, and each day you had a fresh change of sheets. they were scrupulous in their work! The service from staff was brilliant and some of the staff really made an impression on us by recognising us! Entertainment (despite other previous reviews slating it) was actually very good..lets face it...you are enjoying entertainment at a hotel abroad, if you want theatre or circus standard, go to the bloody theatre or circus!

If I am completely honest though, guest relations left much to be desired, the language barrier meant we were booked for the Turkish restaurant on the very night we were flying (handy) and as such missed this experience, even though we requested and booked in for the previous night lol...

I do feel obliged to mention the Spa at this hotel. It states that the Hamam is inclusive, a lady I got chatting to was told she would have to pay 70 TL for this.
We had the 70 minute massage (which lasted 45 mins) and were promised a fish foot spa included - we did NOT get this, neither did we get a 70 minute massage - more like 45 mins.

I could cope with this as the massage was very good, but as we were still laying on our massage tables having our time out, the manager came into the massage therapy room and stood above us and proceeded to try and force us to pay for a further 2 or 3 massages each. Needless to say I wasn't very reIaxed when I came out!!!

Water sports brilliant, not the cheapest but then the jet skis etc are of a high quality.

All in all a fantastic Holiday and destination, and a beautiful Hotel.
Suggestions:
Improve language with Guest Relations

Room Tip: I had 620 wich had a side sea view room, it was nice and wasn't in the sun all day so the balcon...

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Fantasia Deluxe from 2nd - 9th July and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had originally booked the Ephesus Princess but was moved by Cosmos two weeks before departure (alleged overbooking). Our arrival was met with efficient and friendly reception staff and bell boys (plus fruit cocktail to quench our thirst). We asked if we had a sea view room and was assured we had, however when we were showed to our rooms (327 and 307) neither had a sea view or balcony. We immediately complained and were told that the hotel was full that evening (it was after midnight at this point) and they would move us the following day. We agreed and was given two adjacent rooms on the 7th floor with balcony and amazing views of the sea the next afternoon.

We loved the variety of food available throughout the day and evening and especially loved the omeletes (freshly cooked to order at breakfast on the terrace). The beer Efes was also very good but the cocktails were a bit limited (this was our first all inclusive holiday). The bar staff and waiting staff in the restaurants were incredibly efficient and removed plates as soon as the food was eaten (drinks were replenished quickly too). We dined at the mediterranean al a carte one evening and thought the steak was too overdone (starters and pudding were very good).

I would also recommend the spa where I had a Turkish bath and 4 massages throughout the week.

The only negative was the expensive wifi (£25 per week) and the number of smokers around the pool (a section for non-smokers would be a good idea).

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff were very friendly and efficient, the hotel was incredibly clean and the food/drinks were plentiful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family