Review Highlights
A Great Day in Ephesus ... with Great Service from Anil

Our visit to Ephesus was made particularly special by Anil and his team. Friendly, helpful and... read more

Reviewed February 14, 2017
zipparoo
Los Angeles, California
Ephesus tour from Istanbul!

My friend and i went to istanbul for business and holiday. After our meetings end we would like to... read more

Reviewed January 17, 2017
Luisa J
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We did a shared tour for 8 total people in Istanbul and Ephesus on 9/14 and 9/15.

In Istanbul we had Esra as our guide in addition to the driver of the comfortable Mercedes mini-bus. We got to see everything we wanted and had a tasty Turkish lunch that was covered as well as entrance fees to sites by the tour fee. Esra spoke excellent English and was very friendly and had lots of information about each site. She was also very willing to answer our questions about culture and about the recent happenings with protests in Taksim Square.

In Ephesus Anil was our guide for the day. We took the long walk through the ruins of Ephesus which were a pleasant surprise to me as I didn't know what to expect. They are digging up new things all the time it seems and the Terrace Houses have been restored partially and it was really interesting to see the ancient artwork and how they lived so far back. There is the Celsus Library and a huge old amphitheater as well which are just part of the experience. At the end of the tour we sat down and had a beer at a local bar which was a nice way to relax before heading back to the port. Anil spoke great English having lived in the US for a time and was full of information both about their culture and the sites.

If you are worried about being taken to carpet factories we did go to one in Istanbul only because Esra asked the people in our group and they said yes It was a very nice store right in the city near the tourist area and they gave us drinks while they demonstrated. The process was very interesting and they do of course give you the hard sell(nothing too pushy) but we declined and no big deal. It did not ever come up in Ephesus. They are beautiful and if we had the money I would certainly buy one but they aren't cheap.

These two tours were among the highlights of our trip and I would definitely recommend them.

Date of experience: September 2013
3  Thank Matt E
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked a tour at 17 september 2013 from İzmir port to Ephesus.Vip Ephesus Tour guide welcomed us at the port on time. The car was very clean and luxry. Our guide kept us always infront of the crowd and very informative. She is an archaeologist and we learned alot. The lunch we had was amazing. The experience was great for us. If you really want a five star service they are perfect !

Date of experience: September 2013
3  Thank Pedro305
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a private tour of Ephesus, the Temple of Artemis and a stop at a traditional Turkish bath with our guide Selçuk Kaya. He was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and outgoing. We greatly appreciated how much he knew about the sites and his flexibility with what we wanted to do. We highly recommend him!

Date of experience: August 2013
3  Thank NedaN1
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We were sailing in Turkey and stayed 2 weeks in Kusadasi Marina. It is a very nice seaside town also historical place we decided to visit Ephesus Greek City. So booked with Vip Ephesus Tours (The agency just opposite the marina) and they did great job for us. Had a private vehicle and guide delicious local food. Overall itt was very good experience.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank Musashi22
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I give nothing but kudos to Anil at VIP Ephesus Tours. I booked a trip to Samos and paid the 40E as advertised through another tour company, Adonis Travel. When I got to the ferry dock, they wanted another 10E. I had no choice but to pay it. Upon returning home, I contacted the tour group for the ferry who told me I must contact Adonis Travel, with whom I had booked. Somehow the website for Anil's company came up. He was kind enough to call me all the way from Turkey, find out what happened talk to the right people to arrange for a return of my money. WOW! Talk about going above and beyond! His English was impeccable, but more than that, his helpful attitude, his diligence about being sure I was reimbursed and his honesty about what may have happened (someone shortchanged me) is so refreshing. When I return, I will be sure to make use of their services. All I can say is, if he will go this far to helping someone who was not even his client, imagine the service you will receive when you are booking with him. Give them a try!

Date of experience: December 2012