“Great day”

Online Ephesus Travel - Tours
Ranked #25 of 104 Tours in Kusadasi
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel agency in Kusadasi arranging regular and private Ephesus tours, tours to Istanbul, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, round trips and biblical tours.
Pemberton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our tour of Ephusus turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. I found this tour company on trip advisor and they were wonderful. They met us at the ferry, made our hotel reservations and then supplied us with a great private tour. Our guide steered us around the crowds in the old city and at Mary's house which was no easy feat. He kept up a good pace which we really appreciated and provided us with as much information as we could take in. He also gave us a great overview of the country during our drive in a private vehicle. Of course he took us to an interesting spot for lunch and we appreciated the lesson re the weaving of Turkish carpets.
We finished with a tour of a mosque which was fascinating

All in all this adds up to an incredible value.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank maiseymaisey

Vista, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The Best Wheelchair Accessible Private Tour in Ephesus/Kusadasi, Turkey”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

There are many private tours available in Ephesus, Turkey, but onlineephesustravel.com really rocks.

We took a Mediterranean cruise and had a day of stop at Kusadasi, Turkey. I had arranged for the tour three weeks ahead of the cruise date. The booking process was a pleasant experience. Their Operation Manager, Svetlana, was very accomodating to my specific requests and needs. Their price was competitive with no additional charge for accessibility, and they only required a small portion (less than 10%) of the charge for deposit. Their service was prompt and courteous, not like some of the other accessible tour "big shot" providers being slow in response and having the "we are the only one" attitude.

On the tour day, our guide, Omer, met us on time at the terminal, and everything went perfect with the tour. The minbus/van was equipped with a lift and wheelchair tie-down. It was new and clean and its air condition worked well. The seats for my family were roomy and comfortable. Our driver was very attentive and helpful. In many occasions, he even moved the van for less than a hundred feet just to avoid having my wheelchair jumping on the bumpy road. Omer was knowledgeable and professional. He had a thoughtful plan scheduled for our tour. We had so much good time that we had to rush back to the port at the last minute.

As far as the attractions went, Ephesus was not so wheelchair friendly, but it was generally accessible. I had a foldable portable ramp which I tied on the back of my powerchair that I really recommend. It wouldn't help to get up a stairway, but it definitely helped to get over one or two small steps here and there, a common barrier throughout Europe.

The ancient city of Ephesus was bumpy but I managed to go most part of the lower section. The Library of Celsus had many steps in the front, so it's not possible for my wheelchair to get to its structure, but I had clear and close enough view of it from the roadside. I also had good view of the great theater from its ouside. There seemed having a ramp to get in to the lower part of the theater, but I did not have enough time to find out. We only had six and half hours available, and there were still many places to go.

The House of Virgin Mary was generally accessible. There was one step on the inner doorway into the chapel, but there was a ramp at the exit that wheelchair could go in to have a side view of the chapel. The wall of wishes and the holy springs were accessible.

The Temple of Artemis had its glory and fame, but unfortunately it has only one column remain standing. After spending a big portion of the morning in the ruins of Ancient Ephesus, we decided to skip the ruin of the Temple. But we did stop at the hill outside the Temple to take a good view and a picture of the column.

The Isa Bey Mosque was not accessible. The best we could do was driving up to it and taking some pictures outside the building. St. John Basilica, on the other hand, except the couple steps at its front gate, could be accessed. However, since the front gate was the best preserved part of it, and there were just another ruin after getting in the gate, we only spent some time at the gate before diving into the gift shops in the front.

Food is inexpensive in Ephesus. For $10 per person, one can get a really good kebab lunch. Most restaurants have one or two steps to get in. With my portable ramp, I had access to a lunch in a local authentic kebab restaurant. We had all kind of kebab, yogurt, and appetisers for the price. So much food that we couldn't finish them all.

Other shopping areas, carpet presentation, food stores, gift shops were generally accessible with some small steps scattered.

In summary, Ephesus is definitely a worthwile destination for wheelchair traveling. We had great time, and we will go back to explore other part of Turkey using the services of this company again.

10 Thank Edward C
Caracas, Venezuela
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Our visit to Kusadasi and Ephesus”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our private tour for a family of 8 was a very pleasant experience. We really enjoyed the journey in every aspect of it: the House of the Virgin Mary, the ancient city of Ephesus, the Turkish carpet weaving and exhibition place, the countryside. The guide was a professional, very well informed and very polite. Since two of our family members did not speak English, the guide conducted the tour in fluent, perfect Spanish. He allowed us time to explore, buy souvenirs and rest; he took us to a restaurant in the countryside. We acknowledge a high sense of responsibility, travel comfort and interesting places to visit. We really liked Kusadasi and Ephesus. The guide had tickets ready for us in those places where a fee was required so we did not have to wait in a long line. Thank you.

3 Thank Reina V
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Ephesus!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

we had only 1 day with my husband in Izmir and I'm glad that I found you. We visited Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary in the morning and then we managed to go to Pamukkale. We loved the Cleopatra' pool, it was so nice to swim in cold water after a long walk through the tombs in Necropolis. Our guide was so lovely, and the meal at the restaurant in one of the nearby villages was really tasty! The price was reasonable, everything was very good arranged and we came on time to the aiport. Thank you for a wonderful day!

4 Thank oksana_prohorova
Longwood, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great value!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a wonderful tour, and were so happy we signed up for this one rather than the one the cruise offered. Not only did we see more, had a comfortable van all to ourselves, but also paid less than half of what the cruise line wanted. Loved our tour guide....had a marvelous lunch at the Silk Rug Factory. Just enjoyed the day so much!! I would highly recommend!

Visited July 2012
4 Thank star2brite
onlineephesustravel, Owner at Online Ephesus Travel - Tours, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Anne,
I thank you so much on behalf of Online Ephesus Travel for making the tour with us. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with our services. Hope to see you again in Turkey at any other tours as our guest.

Warm regards,