“Great Holiday”

Golden Moon Apart Hotel
Ranked #42 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed at Golden Moon with our 1 year old son in August 2010. We had a very good holiday. The appartment was spacious and clean, swimming likewise. We really enjoyed the meals at the hotel, better than some of the restaurants in Kusadasi for a reasonable price. The reception was very helpful in arranging a baby crib. Staff was very friendly, maybe because they are crazy about little kids. The hotel is located on a hill and a walk to the centre or ladies beach is doable, but back to the hotel is too much. We have done it 3 times with a stroller, nothing funny about that. So down by foot and up by taxi. The very good and pleasant point of being on the hill is that the temperature is really nice in the evening! Yes, we would go there again.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank koersn

Reviewed August 30, 2010

For the price we paid this was better than we thought. Cheeky Charlie & Tiger, nicknames for the waiting/bar staff are lovely & friendly. Shame about the manager, does not look up to greet you in the morning, very cold & unfriendly. The other family members are nice enough though. The rooms are very good as usual in Turkey. Location is not too far out, its just the very steep hill thats a nightmare especially getting back up it. We booked b&b & the breakfast which i like, is typical turkish, olives, cheese, bread, honey etc. Obviously you can have English but its to pay for at 15tlr/£6, & the rest of the food on the menu you can purchase is pretty good. All in all i was very pleased with this accomodation for as i've already mentioned, the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank jools490
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Dear reader, we are very sorry to be writing this review but we can't hide the truth. We stayed for 16 days and we just came back today.
We booked this hotel in March and we fully paid including air condition charge. In our payment print didn't say anything about extra charge for air condition and we checked with agency before and they didn't say anything about air condition charge in the hotel they gave us a very dirty and rubbish room without air con and very unfriendly manger, Rafet, asked us for £3.50 a day for air con. And we had no other choice but to pay. The quality of the hotel is very very very poor and dirty including the beds, bed sheets, towels and kitchen equiptment e.g dirty electric cooker, saucepans, plates and cutlery. Every few minutes the power went because the electric was powered by the key and the electric socket was broken. Bathroom was terrible- very dirty toilet sink and shower curtain and when you had a shower filled up with water because the drain was always blocked. Rafet always watched what the people were doing. The hotel is in a very noisy area and people can't sleep at night. We've travelled around the world but we've never ever seen a rubbish place like this. The only person in the reception that was friendly and understanding was Mr Altin, we believe this hotel is run by a very small family and they don't care that people are paying a lot for this crap place, so we are never ever going back to this place again and we highly recommend that you shouldn't go to this place because it's a waste of money.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank 7wondersLondon
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at the Golden Moon on a Self Catering basis with my husband and my two small children (6 and 8). My teenage son and his two mates also stayed in a separate apartment (17, 17 & 18). This was our first time to Turkey and I had a really good time but I couldn't put this all down to the Golden Moon. The good points would be the pool and the food. It is a generous sized pool which caters for all ages. It was cleaned every evening and my two smaller girls loved it and wanted to stay there every day. You were able to order food at any time of the day or night and it was to a good standard. I would say that the price of the food was very similar to that of most of the restaurants in town. The aprtments were basic but clean. We never felt the need to complain about anything. The Golden Moon is about a 10 minute walk down to the Infamous Bar Street which my son and his mates frequented every night and my husband me and kids on a couple of occassions!!! Down sides - the hotel is on the top of a hill which is very steep but can be overlooked totally if you've had a good evening on the town but higheels are definately out for the ladies! The hotel has absolutely no entertaimment at night which drove me silly and encouraged me to walk the legs of myself and family going into town. Waiters are quite friendly but reception staff are quite reserved which suited me fine. My son's apartment was slightly bigger than ours and they had a nice view of the beach on the other hand I had a cr*p view of a block of flats and if I leaned out the balconey I could just about see the side of the pool - not so happy about that because I never got to sit in the evenings and enjoy a nice glass of wine - which is well over priced no matter where you buy it.
I would definately go back to Turkey as I think the Turks are very friendly. The country is underdeveloped but this added to its charm and quaintness. I do not particularily like the sun but to my surprise I never developed prickly heat and as on many other holidays and I never encoutered any mosquitos either. If you go to ladies beach you will find the excursions can be purchased at a much better price and it seemded taxis were 10TL no matter where you went which always seemed a better option for us as there were 4 of us. Good (but expensive) holiday and hopefully I will have the oppurtinity to go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank PaulaByrne
Reviewed May 17, 2010

did not enjoy our holiday here so muchso we will not return to kusadasi again staff were unfriendly exept for those on reception expensive drinks cost almost as much for a soft drink as a lager and hotel shop not that reasonable either stayed for one week (booked for two) rooms were clean and pool was nice but jacuzzi advertised not working and a trip to the beach or the main shoping area was a trek and a half getting back was not fun had to get a taxi back all the time as so far up hill no way could it be walked especially not by kids not a fun holiday at all

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Booked a last minute deal and the Golden Moon ticked all boxes for our family. Rooms were good, excellent pool area, and we could not say one bad thing about the staff. Very friendly, great with the kids and completely enjoyable. Would even visit again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Predy666
Reviewed August 27, 2009

the management in this hotel where nothing short of ignorant the half board was a set meal every night there was no other choice had to eat out as food was not served to 8 o clock every night afther the managment and his familey ate first total shambels only for the bar staff paul / j j / tiger thy should close the hotel down feel sorry for the bar staff but they did every thing they could withinn limits you will never meet a better bloke than paul the the head chef "top man he is " the food was disgusting even knowing it was turkish would never go near this place again for free "paul get in touch as i have lost address to send football tops" you have been warned

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family