“Good place for to use as a base”

Golden Gate Apart Hotel
Ranked #66 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just home from a week in the golden gate kusadasi. Well it is a good place to use as a base if you have already been to kusadasi. Its not far from the new migros (super market) and ladies beach. Rooms where clean and tidy and the house keeper was in every morning. We stayed in room 2107 where the view was trees and a wall lol I didn't mind as it was quiet outside anyway the food in the golden gate was just ok as we ate on ladies beach anyway only one down side check out is at 12 noon they have no comfort room only a cubible tiled with a hose plumbed to the wall we didn't use it. The hotel was full as we found out when we asked if we could keep the room on untill we were been picked up at 6.30pm.there are safes but they are at reception you get one key they keep the other in a basket on the desk this is extra !!!!! Air conditioning was extra and a must folks. All I can say is golden gate would need to look again at check out times and provide a proper comfort room for people to use a hose with cold water NO THANK YOU!!! But saying that I would go back next year.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Karencorvan

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for a week, it´s pretty basic accommodation. But it´s clean great service and at a very affordable price. Very good location. Only negative that comes to mind for me is the poolbar music which some nights went on til 2am great fun. When you´re having a drink at the bar. But rather annoying when you have to get up early the next day for trip. I definately recommed going to turkish night at the hotel. We had a blast awesome breakdancers, belly dancers. I thought the pool area was quite impressive considering it´s a smaller hotel. Three pools baby, kids, and adults and not crowded at all during our stay.

Overall we had a great trip met sweet and friendly people staff were very helpful all guests seemed to be enjoying themselves.

ps. Heard the buffet food was mediocore at best.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

we had a great time, music like Credence Clearwater Survival poolside brilliant, plants wonderful to look at by the pool. Rooms plain but perfectly adequate and clean. i love the firm beds. very near Ladies beach and dolmuş's came all the time , cheap and took us to Kuşadası Centrum very easily. Amazing area of Turkey with a mixture of old and new. Ephesus nearby and Ozdere by dolmuş about 40 minutes has a beautiful quiet empty beach.All in all suits singles, families, trendies anyone. cool place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DeeBrown007
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We returned home yesterday from a weeks stay in Golden Gate Apartments. I was apprehensive going because of some recently inserted negative reviews I had read. I needn't have worried! Our apartment was clean,spacious and well equipped with all we needed.The beds were a bit too firm for our liking but not uncomfortably so. Towels were changed every day,sheets once and the apartment cleaned every day.The air conditioning system is really good and costs 4 eu a day..well worth it! The TV had several English speaking channels which was a pleasant surprise. The staff were friendly,polite and very helpful.The pools and surroundings were spotless and we never had a problem getting sunbeds ( and we are late risers!) which were all in excellent condition and really comfy! The location is ideal. 5 minutes to Ladies Beach with its array of bars and restaurants ( Some Where Else and Rosys are great) and a 5 minute bus ride to Kusadasi itself with its vast and colourful selection of shops ,bars , restaurants.
We recommend Restaurant Sarey and the two more casual ,open air restaurants facing the arch in the centre of town ( they look down towards Burger King on the left ) . I never checked their names..sorry ! We also went to Planet Yucca. It is pricey and my food was cold and the service was very slow.The musicians were good but I wouldn't recommend the restaurant.
We had no problem with the 'pay by card' system in the apartment but I could see how it could be abused so caution is needed. Clear it daily and keep a note of what is ordered and you will know if all is well ...or not.
If you are going to Golden Gate you will enjoy your stay. It is not 5 star but it is not offered as such. It is a friendly , spacious ,spotlessly clean holiday venue that we hope to return to ....the only difference is we will stay for 2 weeks next time !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luckymark2
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have had a great time here. It's ideal for a mix of simple self catering, eating out and catering from the hotel - which is very good value and quality. The whole place is very clean and well organised.

There is a relaxed atmosphere around the two pools with a pleasant mixture of local and international music, and cheerful banter between the guests and staff.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Hatchersonthemove
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was the first holiday which myself and my fiance went on together, we had a brilliant time at Golden Gate. Very quiet and good choice of food. Many restaurants beside Golden gate to choose from which overlook onto Lady's Beach.

Good range of shops around Golden Gate and all very helpful when it comes to picking food such as milk. Dont assume that milk is milk. The counter assistant explained what we had wasnt Cow milk but was some other form of milk that we wouldnt like.

Dolmus stop right out the front of Golden Gate which takes you into Kusadasi itself. We took the Dolmus a few times then walked the route into Kusadasi and back again a few times. Good way to admire the views and keep fit. Roughly a 20minute walk, different types of terrain esp hills and rough roads. Beware of the drivers, driving regulations are different there than in the UK.

Taxis could be found beside Lady's beach. They can be dear so get a set price before beginning the journey.

Always haggle in stalls and at markets.

Music played all day at Golden Gate and had Turkish nights and other on.

We would go back again as Golden Gate was nice and located well to shops etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Bev D
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed at the Golden Gate mid July. For us this was a budget holiday, so to be fair we wasn't expecting the earth. We just hoped the place would be clean, tidy & comfortable etc. and to that extent we seem to land on our feet. Upon arrival the reception staff seemed friendly enough. The room we were given was basic but clean, comfortable & spacious. The pool & bar area was compact but once again, clean & more than adequate. Within a very short time we started to experience a variety of problems with the bar staff. Initially it appeared to be a communication problem. On numerous occassions they got the drinks & food orders mixed up. In terms of presentation & quality etc. The food at Golden Gate leaves a lot to be desired. If you can be bothered to take a 10 min. walk along the front of Ladies Beach, you can get much better value for your money. That said, for the convenience we would occasionally have a snack around the pool and most evenings we would have a couple of drinks late on before bed. The bar staff/waiters at Golden Gate are not allowed to handle money. You are given a card for personal use upon arrival at reception, the card contains details of your name & room number which must be produced before you order anything (drinks/food) the staff also normally ask for verbal confirmation before proceeding with orders etc. before you leave the bar/pool area the waiter will print off two receipts and get you to sign one for his records and give you the other copy. At some stage of the day the signed bar receipts will be given to the receptionist to register (on computer) the respective amounts on the residents account. The hard copy signed receipts are also retained in the residents file. - (reception keep a file on each resident with passport details & signed receipts throughout the duration of your stay) You have the option of paying your bill whenever you want, I decided to pay my bill on a daily basis. For the first couple of days I would just call at reception sometime during the morning and settle my bill. I didn't question anything just settled up and left. On third day I went to settle up my bill before we left for a day out at Kusadasi. On this occassion it was just a couple of coffees' and a couple of beers, consumed the same morning. (approx. 20 lira) My account had been cleared the previous day, so imagine my surprise when the receptionist told me I owed 112 lira. The receptionist called the head waiter over who immediately tried to convince me that the bill was legitimate and I did indeed owe the amount registered to my name/room number. We went through the excess amount (on the computer screen) to see what i had supposedly ordered, but unfortunately for the waiter, the actual times as well as dates are recorded on every order ... and I wasn't even at Golden Gate during the documented times. (we had gone out for the day, the previous day). I was told their must have been a mix up with room numbers & names and was assured they would get it sorted out. This was around 11.am. at around 12.00.pm the same day I approached the head waiter to see if they had got it all sorted. No ... he was still working on it! The following morning I went back to reception, to see what progress had been made. The excess amount remained on my account. I told the receptionist I wasn't leaving the reception area untill the problem was resolved. The same waiter returned explaining the mix up was indeed down to someone ordering food and drink on my account. I asked the receptionist if i could see the signed hard copy receipt(s) for the excess amount which had inadvertantly been put onto my room/account. The receipt should have be in my folder, along with all the other genuine receipts (albeit with a wrong name/number or false signature etc.) She duly agreed to oblige, but low and behold the said receipt was missing. The receptionist immediately removed the excess amount from my account. Needless to say, from that moment on I kept a close eye on my account. A couple of days later another excess amount appeared on my account (40 lira) Again, the receipt had disappeared. I got the receptionist to remove the amount, handed back my card and asked her to make a note on the hotel records that my account was now closed and nothing should be ordrered on my name or room number. If you decide to stay at Golden Gate you would be well advised to keep an eye on your bar/food account. For me this proved to be a real inconvenience. On the other hand, this problem apart, we found everything else at Golden Gate pretty good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends