“Korumar Hotel Kusadasi”

Korumar Hotel De Luxe
Ranked #24 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and i have stayed here twice. Although it is on the outskirts of Kusadasi, regular dolmus pass outside the hotel. Here we were able to relax in a quiet place overlookinmg Kusadasi. We could see the tour ships come in each day bringing more tourists to visit the wonderful ruins at Ephesus. On the whole the food was excellent as was the service of the staff. Particularly those around the pool. If you want a proper beach take the dolmus into Kusadasi.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rainbowrod
There are newer reviews for Korumar Hotel De Luxe

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I don't usually take the time to write reviews for hotels I've stayed in, but the Korumar was so good I had to find the time. Firstly the location was perfect for us, on the edge of town but only 5 Min's or so by bus to the centre and the food was some of the best I've found in the world (I've visited 20 countries) and when I've been abroad on business I've been put in 5 star hotels. The Korumar has friendly staff always happy to help, great service and very clean. As we tend to sight see during the day we decided to go half board, the food is self service type buffet so you can eat as much or as little as you want, The bar prices are not too expensive and you don't have to wait long for a waitress to come over to take your order.We had a very clean room with a balcony but not with a sea view, we didn't mind this as it was quiet and sea view means you are over the lobby bar and the smoking area, so the sea veiw option has its draw backs.The pool and the cove area are also great.
I would recomend this hotel to all my friends and can't wait for my next stay.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you get a rear view room, who needs a sea view if your out of your room all day...
2  Thank ozzyashbourne
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here with my husband for 11 days, all inclusive and with a sea view and we both loved it and had a fantastic holiday. The location is excellent, only ten mins by bus to town - so nice and near to visit but not too close to be noisy. The hotel has lots of little garden and terrace areas to sunbathe in which have great views of the sea and the harbour. The room was clean with a massive king size bed and nice tiled bathroom, a sea view is definitely worth paying extra for. The food we had was mainly buffet from the main restaurant and there was loads of variety. I am quite a fussy eater and not very adventurous but I found plenty to eat and it was very tasty. It was great to eat outside every night overlooking the sea. The desserts are particularly fantastic and there was a different theme every night for the food so plenty of choice. We used the pool and beach bars for snacks and the food was freshly cooked and very tasty. The pancake house is particularly good and we tried the sweet and the savoury pancakes which are cooked fresh on request. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and their English is good, particularly Reception and the pool guy who made every effort to ensure that you had a spot to sunbathe or swim that suited you. I was a bit wary of the hotel after some of the negative comments but after "clicking" on a negative review I found that the reviewer had given a glowing review to another hotel in Kusadasi which they had also stayed at the same time (September 2012) as the Korumar so I question how authentic their review was. Especially now that I have stayed at the hotel myself. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and we were even looking on the internet using the hotel's free wi fi to see what there was for the same time next year.

1  Thank Madison100
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room 808 was on the 'Club Floor'; it was very large and comfortable with a huge bed and spacious bathroom. A full-width balcony provided lovely views over the sea and coastline. Enormous eating areas; outdoors in the evening (when the lighting was so poor it was difficult to see what we were eating) and indoors for breakfast. Buffet style meals with a very wide selection of food available - albeit involving a long walk to/from table. Good internet facility and a good ladies' hairdresser

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SolihullRoadrunner
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very nice hotel, set in a brilliant location. We went all inclusive, which involves all meals & drinks in the main restaurants, or snacks & drinks from the pool & beach bar. No Whisky or Rum though!
Rooms reasonable size, with a reasonable bathroom stocked with Shower Gel etc. The hairdrier is a bit week tho'! TV with several English speaking News channels, and a BBC channel, showing a mix of BBC programmes. Also show some films in English on another channel. You also get a minibar in the room with 2 beers, 2 fanta, 2 coke, 2 fizzy water, & 2 still water, restocked daily.
The views from the pool and terrace bars & restaurants are amazing. It's a great pool area too. There's a lift down to the "beach" but this is little more than a terrace by the sea, although great for swimming. If you want to laze quietly in the sun there are several terraces scattered around the "gardens" but you will be climbing stairs! We usually ended up at the far right end of the pool on a wooden terrace by the animation stage. It overlooks the tennis court and another terrace below, but was totally secluded, with gentle music coming from the stage too!
food was generally good, and the fresh omelettes were a great start to the day. They'll make them as you want, so I usually had "everything" and then asked for extra cheese just before it finished cooking. This was always served with a smile. evening meals buffet style usually had a wide range of hot & cold, all very well cooked, and in the outside cooking areas the "show cooking" was impressive, and always served with a smile. I didn't fancy some of the food, but that's personal taste, as it was all properly cooked, so people claiming no choice probably mean nothing they liked. The chinese themed night was probably the best, as the food was as good as any proper chinese restaurant. The noodles were great, the various sweet & sour etc dishes were really tasty etc. The Turkish night was good too, with a big Doner kebab, and spit roasted whole lamb.
We spent one evening in the A La carte Meat restaurant. Note this is FREE once each week if you are all inclusive. The ambience of the restaurant and friendliness of the staff made this something we're glad we did. The food was not only very tasty and well cooked it was also very prettily presented. my wife prefers a well done steak but unfortunately it was still a bit rare, but other than that very good. Two tables were served flambed Crepes and bananas, but these were not on the menu, so not sure how. We weren't offered that option which was a little annoying.
All of the cleaning staff, reception staff etc were very friendly, polite and helpful. and seemed to work hard all of the day. Sadly the bar & restaurant suffered from having some staff who didn't know how to provide 5 star service. looking for a table with cutlery was always a challenge as the staff were not clearing & setting tables as soon as vacated, which is always the mark of a good service. I usually expect someone to appear with coffee the second I sit down for breakfast, but this didn't happen on the first two days at all. on the third I called the waitress over, who then provided coffee. The next day she came over unprompted, and also came back to top up. (and for the rest of the week) I'd guess no-one has ever trained her to seek the coffee drinkers proactively as she just wandered around until called. To be fair she was very polite smiled when serving, but I shouldn't have needed to call her. Waiters lean over people to clear plates, and when serving drinks, and several times brought only one of the two drinks ordered, requiring another order.
In the bar there were girls serving tables, but one evening we could not find a table on the terrace and sat inside, along with 4 or 5 other tables. After watching the waitress go in and out serving drinks to the terrace I decided to go to the bar myself. The bartender told me to wait at the table and you'll be served, to which i replied "but i haven't" They actually got quite stroppy when I insisted on being served, by which time the other tables had joined the queue.
So overall a good hotel, with some lovely facilities and a great location. I'd say it's a 4 star rather than 5 star, probably because I've stayed in newer 5 stars that obviously can build to a more current standard. so 4 star, with some 3 star service. If the service was 5 star standard the hotel would be 4 star PLUS.

3  Thank Irishdaz
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is one horrible hotel. i don't like nothing in it. the food is too little, there is nothing beautiful or nice. the spa is horrid, beach is terrible. don't go there this will be your big mistake! this is my opinion!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is perfectly adequate if you are on a bus tour, or you want to feel like a guest on a cruise ship. It does not enforce its no smoking policy. Our room stank of old cigarette smoke, and the "cleaning" was a quick squirt with orange oil. My husband has hypersensitive sinus problems. We opened the doors to air the room and got it down to bearable. Toiletries were minimal - no hair conditioner for example - there were no tea making facilities. Laundry was excellent. The included buffet dinner service was unacceptable. Pigs feeding at a trough covers it.

The good thing was the swimming in the Aegean Sea, in warm clean water accessed by a little terrace with a convenient bar. Staff in specialist areas were excellent but dispirited in the areas frequented by mass market tourists. This is not a hotel I would recommend for getting in touch with the real Turkey but is adequate for people who like bus tours and can't cope with difference.

Room Tip: Pay for a suite, if you want a view of anything but the car park.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends