“Excellent Hotel”

Grand Blue Sky International
Ranked #18 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I just got back from an excellent stay At The Grand Blue Sky. I've been to Kusadasi several times and this my first time staying at this hotel and I will be back again. The Hotel was very clean and the staff are very friendly. The manager Durmus is a lovely guy and would do anything to make sure you have a great time and enjoy your stay. There was a great atmosphere and the food was really nice. I would recommend anyway to stay here and can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sarah afc c
GRAND BLUE SKY I, Genel Müdür at Grand Blue Sky International, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to get in touch with us to share your recent experience in The Grand Blue Sky International.

We are felt really proud of your kind feedback. We are pleased to provide the best service to our guests.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very nice and clean, great atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and chatted to you. Would definitely recommend this place for families to stay. I would also definitely go back and stay again!
It's in a good location and easy to travel to and from the town.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Grand Sky Blue..what fantastic value for money. Had such a brilliant time. The hotel is close to centrum and not far for a few trips shopping. The manager Durmus is lovely and really nice guy. Have decided to go back next year as I live Kusadasi and this hotel was just what we wanted. The food was good and the staff were so friendly and helpful a really good atmosphere to be in and made me my holiday even more awesome than it already was :)) can't wait to go back next year

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed October 8, 2013

me and my family had a brilliant experience at Grand Blue Sky. The service of the staff was great anything you needed they got it for u, Always there to help and very well mannered! The rooms are lovely and always kept clean! They do an amazing breakfast buffet with everything you want on it! swimming pool and beach is gorgeous differently recommend this a place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 7, 2013

As the title says, this one was a little hard to sum up. Overall, it was better than the airport hotel I was going to stay at but at the same time, nothing like even a cheap all-inclusive in Mexico. So in no particular order:

There are apparently grades of "inclusive". Technically the tours get buffet food but not beverages and you are supposed to wear an armband to indicate what level you are. I didn't wear the armband though (really? they expect me to wear it for 3 days straight?) and nobody ever asked to see it. I was given free alcohol, although when I asked for a margarita, I was told that was extra.

The food at the buffet was decent but nothing to write home about. There are some outdoor seats with an amazing view but they fill up fast. Dinner starts at 7 and if you are not there by say, 6:50, you won't get a good seat. Bring something or somebody to save your table or it will be taken by the time you get back. Apparently plates don't work as I had one woman trying to dump my plate and take the table for herself (I walked back up just in time to stop her).

The beach was pretty rocky, especially when you started to walk into the water. It was also crowded. There is maybe a second way down (handicap) but all I could find was a very steep set of stairs. There is a little pool bar down there but it only served soft drinks, water and beer. Anything else, you had to wait until the pool bar opened at 6.

The pool bar stays open pretty late and it is LOUD. All rooms are grouped around the pool. Expect to have to deal with some noise well past midnight.

They do have beach chairs at the beach and around the pool, as you'd expect. However they also do some cool stuff with putting some at the top of the cliff under the trees in various groupings overlooking the sea. I was there mid-morning and it was so peaceful.

There is a little gift shop that sells sunscreen, trinkets, etc. It's cash only. I asked if I could put some sunscreen on my room and was told no. I went to put it down and the woman called me back, had me write my name and room number down and told me to "take". So I took it. The next day, she chased me down wanting to know where her cash was. As I had explained to her the day before, I was out of cash and was not wanting to walk all the way down to town to hit an ATM. I explained again and she told me it was ok. I wasn't the one paying the bill but I hope that it did eventually get charged to it.

There was a mix up with my reservation. The front desk called me a day early and told me I had to leave. I explained that my tour group had extended my stay and told them to please call the tour group directly. The front desk staff refused, said I had to do it. She did arrange the call for me though and after I told the tour person the problem, they agreed to immediately call the hotel and everything was fixed in about 10 minutes.

The room was very basic but clean and nice sized. However there was a note in the bathroom asking that you please not throw toilet paper in the WC. Seriously EWWWW. The little trash basket didn't even have a lid on it. I'm not sure if the sign was a bad translation or what but I did throw the toilet paper in the toilet and nothing bad happened. Your mileage may vary. I certainly expect a fully functional toilet in a 5 star hotel!

There was a small mini bar but no room service. The lobby had Lemon Mint tea. I think I fell in love with that :)

I had to be in the lobby by 6 am to catch my ride to the airport (about an hour away). They apparently turn ALL the lights off sometime during the night. It was pitch black as I walked to the lobby. Pretty scary.

So, "thems the facts". Make of it what you will! Feel free to email me with any questions.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SusanM223

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Grand Blue Sky International

Feedback is such a valuable source of information, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and enables us to continually strive to improve our standards.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Large resort-style hotel. All-inclusive so it's very convenient. Great breakfast buffet!
The staff fall into a routine and always try to accommodate. The rooms are more than adequate and we each had a good view of the Aegean Sea.
Good place to stay for home-base of various tours like Ephesus and Pamukkale.

Room Tip: Noise a factor from evening party-goers around the bars or stage area, unless you join them.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was stay with my wife at 27 Sep.- 04.10.2013 in Grand blue sky international...We are young,bout 28 years,and we was wery,wery happy. (Only i can say one week is short,Next time i wold go to two weeks) Resort is Big,Beach Nice,lowly.Pool clean and beautiful!!! All day you have Animation and activity: Aqua gym,waterball,picado,tabletennis...Room is big,with big balkon always clean, New towels...Staw and service are grate..Food Nice and Njami ;-) P.S Next year we are coming Blue sky.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
We want to thank for your review .We will be very glad to see you here in The Grand Blue Sky International.