“Dream Holiday”

Ranked #16 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
London, United Kingdom
“Dream Holiday”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I and my partner have been in Turkey several times in recent years and we have stayed in different Hotels in different areas. However The Grand Blue sky is a fantastic place to make your dream holiday especially for families and groups. There are many activities going on round the clock and very friendly staff will make sure that you have a good and relax time during your stay. Rooms generally are quite big and you have a lot of space. Food is brilliant and there are different occasions like Mexican or Chinese night when you get taste of non-Turkish food. Entertainment and a disco (Every night) both within the hotel and near the beach and live music at least 3-4 night a week. 2 Big pool and one smaller for children. Different activities for children and safe environment is guaranteed. Also a lot of excitements for both couples or big groups. A couple of restaurants within a hundred yards of the premises need you only to make your reservation in advance through friendly staff. My experience was fantastic and I will definitely suggest you to visit this place if you are looking for a a very nice time in this part of Turkey. Value for money!

Room Tip: Look for special Offers
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dena1349

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My daughter did her examination and we both were very tired and booked a last minute. It was an excellent place to be, big rooms with sea view and food was very good. We enjoyed the place every day more, nice people and when you go there don't miss the Spa & Wellness, very special were the massages Erna gave me, she is from Bali and is very professional ! Rustem the manager gave me good advice and I feel great after one week. Also we laughed a lot with the acts of the animation team, very relaxing. The sea and the beach are private and beautiful, every where you can have drinks and cold mineral water. So go there, price and quality are very good.

Room Tip: Blok B or C are more quiet then A
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank heleen v
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife & I stayed this hotel for 2 weeks in May having stayed there previously 11 years ago when it was just bed & breakfast. We were given a great room on the 5th floor in 'B' block at the end of theblock & had a beautiful view over the gardens and the sea & it was very quiet. The cleaner came in every day to change towels and make the beds and clean up so the room was spot on. The only criticism I would have here is that the hotel is beginning to look a little dated and the rooms could do with a lick of paint. There were only just over 100 guests for most of the stay so we never had to queue for food and always got served quickly at the bar and always got sunbeds either round the pool or on the private beach. The food was great, varied and plentiful and always served hot and fresh and was presented nicely, All the staff were really frendly and helpful and immaculately turned out and the hotel was always clean and gardens tended by a hard-working team of gardeners. I have read some of the reviews from people who stayed there last year and can say that I am surprised by their negative comments. I do know that the hotel owners brought a whole new management team in from Antalya earlier this year as the new manager took the time to come and speak to us personally several times during the holiday asking us about any problems or if we were enjoying it. There were always management about throughout the day and night observing the staff and making sure there were no problems and the bar manager frequently went behind the various bars to help out if it got busy. They are obvously keen to improve the hotels status. At the end of the first week we were the only english couple in the hotel until two other couples came in but, for us, that made the holiday great. We made friends with Dutch, Belgians, Turks, Russians and got speaking to people for numerous other countries such as Romaina, Azerbaijan, Germany etc, it truly is an international hotel. The staff never showed any favouritism and we spent quite a bit of time teaching them english words and phrases, they were always keen to learn and improve. The animation team, particularly Gundem and her husband, were always trying to entertain us. Gundems energy levels are unnatural, she is on the go from 10 in the morning until the early hours and never stands still. They both took the trouble to stay with my wife and I waiting for our transport to the airport to say goodbye and were genuinely sad to see us go as we made friends with them and joined in many of their activities. Ladies beach is a short walk away with plenty of bars and restaurants, if you get the chance pop into the 'Sunset' bar/restaurant and introduce yourself to the co-owners, Kojak and Ali, they wil make you very welcome and the food there is also excellent and reasonably priced if you fancy a meal away from the 'all inclusive' hotel. At the end of our second week the hotel received an influx of well over 200 guests so was over a third full. The restaurant for our last day was consequently busier but no real problem b but I can imagine that when full over the high season months you will have to queue for food and at the bars, like anywhere else really. We would definitely go back again, probably in May or September.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Steve R
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Blue Sky at the end of May, everything was excellent, the food was very good and we had a lovely room with great views. I think we enjoyed it more because there were very few people there being early in the season. I think there were 300 rooms and the hotel was only 10% full which was great for us. Every day apart from one was very hot , but cool in the evening. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the animation team were wonderful and tried very hard to entertain. We visited the same hotel 12 years ago, but I think it was even better this time. Although it may not be as good if the hotel was full as I could imagine having to queue for food. There are very little british people there but we liked that and made friends with different nationalities and everyone was polite and friendly, we would go there again.

Room Tip: B floor was very quiet and spacious and on a corner, also a big balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jane r
Douglas
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I dont no where to start, i was asked if i was russian and i replyed no english then i went to get a burger from the chef for lunch and i sat directly in front waiting no one else came over, then 5 minutes later two people came and he gave them the burger which i asked for! Then about ten people in the next 20 minutes, i then asked if hed forgotten me which he promptly replyed no. the people were new customers after me and not asked previous, extremely upset from this is im a shy person i proceded back to my room and got my partner to get me food for the duration of the holiday ive never felt so uncomfotable in my entire life. he also got s*** for the rest of the holiday of the food people again like when you get meat at night we got a piece and everyone elzse 3 pieces.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Danielle M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I spend my hony moon in this hotel.We satyed there one week and it was a great place.we enjoyed very muche.This is a very big hotel.
Hotel has 2 big pool.pools are very clean and nice.Rooms are comfotable and clean,all the rooms have the sea view and you will enjoy it.Food is good na dyou have a lots of choices about foods but I can say breakfast is great.Hotel has several resturants and they are open 24hr.Bars are open 24hr too.There is a gerat bar in the pool and it has great coctailes! Tehe is good entartainment programs beside pool in day like playing darts,Dancing and etc.
The clube is beside the beach and is great!
Staffs are very polite and kind.You can use the turkish bathroom and spa center too.
I can say it was a great hotel and I am going to visit there next year again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Behnoosh1989
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a reasonable week at this hotel, the fault of the weather not the hotel (don’t go to Turkey in October). The transfer takes around an hour, depending on how many drop off’s are made. We arrived at around 2am but food (soup, bread and pasta) and drink (the lobby bar) were all available. Check in was quick and effective.

The hotel is situated at the end of Ladies Beach, a line of bar’s, restaurants and shops. A 5min walk (downhill) gets you there easily and it felt pretty safe. You can get as much UK food as you want there. Further afield the Dolbus takes you into Kusadasi for around 90p. The Dolbus runs until at least midnight.

Food : The food is OK, and the chef’s work hard to make something of the fairly limited budget they seem to have. Breakfast is continental (meat/excellent cheese), boiled eggs and omelettes (the man who does these will also do fried eggs on request). For lunch and dinner, soup is the only starter, followed by a changing range of help yourself mains which always included potato’s in various forms, rice, pasta and turkish pizza in small slices. The main dishes were a mixture of vegetables, chicken, veal, kebab, fish, kebab etc. We found this fine, but I overheard some other Brits arguing about where the least worst chips were (I almost went and told them to go to Skegness next time). You can get burgers, spag bol etc in the italian restaurant during the day.

Rooms – Excellent, comfy bed and huge balcony. Bath with shower above. Fridge. Free safe (ask for the key in reception) and bottled water supplied daily. Maid service excellent, fresh sheets and towels every day.

WiFi – is free and available in the lobby Bar, and the restaurant.

Bar’s – beer is Efes Pilsner 5% abv and quite acceptable – served in 250ml glasses so you have to work hard to get drunk. Wine is help yourself from dispensers in the lobby bar and restaurant. The white wine is quite acceptable, a bit like what you get from a cheap wine box of S African wine. None of this was watered down, we watched barrel changing being done. The spirits looked rather like they were locally produced, certainly no one ever seemed to pay for anything.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. The staff were very hardworking, friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is in very good condition, clean and well run. We would happily return (but not in October). I’ve posted a number of video’s of the hotel on you tube, search on “g4shf grand blue sky international”.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple