“New and Cool”

Ranked #49 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Windsor, Canada
“New and Cool”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place has a real cool vibe! The rooms are small but trendy. The view is stunning. Breakfast and dinner were included in our package and were both very good. The staff handled all of our travel details well. It was very clean and in a great spot!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Seattle
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed in Efe Boutique Hotel a few weeks ago. We had an amazing view from our balcony which was directly across the street from the Aegean Sea; we could see Pigeon Island as well. I could have lived on the balcony. Our room was attractive and very modern. We had a giant jetted tub with a view of the sea - what luxury. They provided bathrobes and the shower was also terrific. Unlike some of the reviews, our bathroom was luxurious (clearly we had the best room in the hotel). It was strange not to have anywhere near the bed to place items and absolutely no reading lights. Earlier reviews had noted a noisy disco. That has evidently changed into a quiet bar and restaurant. It was lovely to walk from the hotel to the "strip". There was free WiFi but sketchy access in our room. The breakfast was not the highlight of the hotel; the staff just couldn't quite get things set for the opening time. The quality of the bread and jams was so-so but what the heck, it was only breakfast. Don't waste your time on the hotel dinner buffet even if it's included. There are incredibly inexpensive, fabulous fresh seafood restaurants minutes away which are frequented by the local population. The real restaurant on the other side from the buffet also has pretty good continental food.

Room Tip: We had room 201 - it had to be the best room in the hotel. Really, a jetted tub with a view onto th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocean View, Delaware
Reviewed October 18, 2012

When our group checked in at the Efe hotel, my wife and I were really excited. The view was amazing. The room looked our over the sea and we could enjoy the great seascape as well as the boat traffic, cruise ships, yachts and work boats. The staff could not have been more accommodating. I had a mild case of the flu when we checked in and the desk person found a pharmacy and had them bring to the hotel an assortment of otc meds to chose from. Thank you, Nils. It is a short walk to all the tourist attractions of the city, The area is clean and safe. The room size was adequate and the fixtures of high quality.The room design was archictectural, clean and modern.The hotel made a wonderful home base for touting the region. As we were with a group, we ate everything buffet and the food was good but not great.I would rate the food a B. All in all I would stay there again were I to return to Kusadasi, and would recommend it to others. As we had prepaid the tour, I have no idea what the room rate was. For a really busy tourist destination, the hotel did a good job. The manager and staff could not have tried harder to please..Be prepared for tiny elevators in Turkey, and let the staff carry you luggage to and from the lobby.This turned out to be the case in all the hotels we stayed in.

Room Tip: the water view is superb.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vietnam
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the Efe Hotel and when I first saw the room, all white and gleaming chrome, I got really excited after staying in a terrible hotel in Canakkale. This room was minimalist but not functional. The room consisted of a bed with two tiny shelves which acted as bedside tables. There was no other furniture in the room. So there was nowhere to put your stuff. The same with the bathroom. A pedestal washbasin with no shelf or bench, so I had to put my makeup on the toilet lid as I was applying it. The TV was set in a wall of mirrors, so as you were trying to watch TV you were continually being distracted by your own image. Whose idea was this? There was often no-one at the reception desk which was sometimes staffed by a sullen middle aged man. The breakfast was outdoors but as soon as the wrapping was taken off the plates, hordes of wasps descended on the food. This did not make for a good start to the day.The view of the Aegean Sea was stunning however, and there was a balcony with two chairs to sit and enjoy the view. The location was excellent and there were plenty of restaurants within walking distance. It was right on the Corniche and perfect for an evening stroll or jog. Sometimes I think hotel designers have never actually stayed in a hotel room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Breath taking view - amazing staff -
I will definitely go back to stay here .
This place like many others is situated right across from the water -
Since my husband and I are vegetarian , the manager treated us to some amazing Mediterranean pizza :) because we didn't like their options in the menu .
The front desk lady was very pleasant .
I wish I had more time to spend at this place .
My husband and I definitely recommend this to anyone going to gerome ( kusadasi )

• Stayed October 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Efe boutique hotel had a location that did not leave anything much to be desired. The view of the Aegean sea from the room balcony created a lasting impression of the hotel. We requested for a 3rd floor room and our request for accomodated by the Manager. The fact that the A/C doesnt work once the patio door is open was a bit of a dampner and the very poor WiFi connectivity. The breakfast is laid out on the outside deck and the view of the blue Aegean sea was very impressive. Breakfast menu was simple, and the choises were rather limited. One can score the hotel on the basis of its brilliant location and its sweeping views of the harbour/cruise liners and easy access to all the happening spots of Kusadasi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
tucson az
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is rated 4 star--I think it's a 3 star.
this hotel requires you to use your passport number as your password for wi-fi. The desk claims its a law yet I didn't have to use my passport number at 3 other areas in turkey. Our tour leader said this may be a regional requirement. Howevere, as a computer person for over 50 years I am appalled by this and if my identity is stolen I'll sue this hotel.
It's VERY modern,all light floors,glass & mirrors. Our bathroom has NO counter space. Towels are the worst I've ever had at a hotel. Some kind of waffle design on one side and sort of cotton on the other side but they don't dry you. Desk told me no hair dryer. Others folks on the tour said it's in the drawer in the bathroom - permanently.
Teeny tiny bars of soap, NO way to heat water, glasses hidden behind mirror over mini refrigerator. Outrageous prices to have laundry done. The only English TV channel is BBC America.
Beds are comfortable but very firm,location convenient to town and walking to the fort. Great view of harbor and cruise ships.
To work the shower you must push in the button, THEN spill up the handle to get thelargeshower to work otherwise you have to use the handheld one. As with all hotels in turkey, room card must be in the slot to have electricity. A business card seems to work so you can leave the A/C on when you're out. ONE key per room which means you have to leave your key at the desk if your roommate or spouse goes out separately from you.
A/C doesn't work at all if you leave the patio door open. Has elevator for 1-2 people and their luggage.
One tiny waste basket,tried to use a plastic bag but maid took it after the first night.

GREAT wi-fi,2networks.
Our closet had 2 plastic hangars and 4 wire hangars. Other had nice plastic ones. Some rooms have much larger bathrooms. Staff friendly and helpful except for the intent password which iassumeisout of their control.

Our dinners and breakfasts were included. Food was OK but not anything special.

Nice roll downblackout blind. Nice deck. Comfortable armchair. Convenient plugs for electronics,good reading light.

Room Tip: Check the size of the bathroom. Be sure Hu have a harbor view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends