“Really superb experience in Ephesus”

Turkey Private Tours by Ertunga Ecir
Book In Advance
More Info
$30.27*
and up
Private Ephesus for Cruise Passangers
Ranked #7 of 106 Tours in Kusadasi
More attraction details
Owner description: We organize private, culturel, sightseeing tours in ephesus, istanbul, pergamon, pamukkale and many other sights in Turkey.
Reviewed September 21, 2017

This visit to Ephesus could not possibly have been any better. First of all, we felt absolutely safe the entire time we were in Turkey (Istanbul and Ephesus). Transportation to Izmir was seamless. Ertunga met us at the airport with a comfortable, clean , spacious car with an expert driver. The visit to Ephesus was paced perfectly. Ertunga is a congenial guide with an enormous fund of knowledge. We were totally satisfied with the experience in every way and can recommend it without reservation.

2  Thank joefromokla
All reviews
"turkey"
in 91 reviews
"private tour"
in 23 reviews
"a hot air balloon ride"
"cruise ship"
in 8 reviews
"specialties"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2017

As a young Catholic priest I was a little apprehensive to travel in a Muslim country with as much tensions as there has been in the recent past, but I was really looking forward to seeing the seven Churches which St John wrote to in the book of Revelations, as well as Mary's house in Ephesus. I took this trip both as a tourist but above all as a pilgrim. I could not have been more impressed with your guide Ertunga's knowledge and professionalism throughout the entire trip. He went out of his way to ensure that all of our needs were met and that we were able to spend as much time at each site as we needed. Despite the apprehension that I had initially felt about the trip, all of my worries were very quickly laid to rest as I found the people of Turkey to be extremely hospitable, friendly and eager to help with anything we needed.
I would have zero hesitations to go back or to recommend Ertunga as a tour guide. It as an incredible historical and spiritual experience.

1  Thank frhecker
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I read a lot of reviews about booking tours with Ertunga Ecir and I was really looking forward to trying it out myself.

My husband and I were planning a trip to Cappadocia and Antalya and I was in close communication with someone from Ertunga through email.
As we were really close to finalizing everything I asked to change one of the hotel bookings to a 5-star hotel or to remove it and I would book one on my own (instead of the recommended 4 star option).

The feedback I received was shocking! The person decided that because of my request, we were no longer fit tourists for them. Noting that we are not their kind of tourists and not to write to them again.

After about 19 emails going back and forth and good communication you can imagine I was shocked to see this! And frankly I thought it was rude. As a traveller I can pick where I would like to stay and expect cooperation rather than judgement.

I don't think my request was at all offensive and deserved such a reply. Since I was ordered not to write back - I didn't follow up by email.

Everything before that reply was nicely communicated with which is why I am not giving them 1 star and I am honestly disappointment that it didn't work out with them as I enjoyed all their good reviews and booking a tour with Ertunga was something I was looking forward to.

2  Thank Israa A
eertunga, Sahibi at Turkey Private Tours by Ertunga Ecir, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

We usually discuss the accommodation after we agree on the itinerary, so that our clients can have the tour price and the accommodation price separately. Then, if they want, they can arrange the accommodation on their own, depending on their budget and hotel preferences. In your case, you were interested in a 3 day tour in Cappadocia, and the tour price was clear from the first mail I sent you. Then we started discussing the accommodation; as it was the Eid time, it was a challenge to find many hotel options; I suggested you some hotels and suddenly after so many mails you asked for a discount, saying that the tour price was out of your budget. In my opinion the tour price was fair and you knew it from the beginning, but still I tried my best to reduce it. After we agreed on everything, in your last mail you asked me to change your 4 star hotel to one of the most expensive 5 star hotels in Cappadocia (one night in that hotel is practically more expensive than the 3 day tour). That is why I felt fooled; I tried so hard to give you the best possible price, thinking that you had a limited budget… Considering all these details, I felt that the best solution for you was to arrange your tour with another guide…

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

We are family of 10 members with kids and we had Mr Ertunga as our tour guide and i cant describe how understanding he was and accepting every change in the plan in a minute before our trip and even things off the track. HONESTLY cant recommend him enough!!! Best tour guide ever and my trip was great as i asked for exactly even better than I expected.
So thank you a lot for all of the things and the great adventures Mr Ertunga see you soon again in a different trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2017

Tourism is down in Turkey in general, and especially so in Ephesus. This is because people are unnecessarily afraid to come here, and this has caused all the cruise ship companies to cancel their cruises to Turkey for the year of 2017.

This makes it a completely great experience right now and an opportunity to see these amazing ruins without elbowing aside other tourists. Take a leisurely tour through Ephesus, with a great personal guide for a reasonable price, and you will have had an experience you will cherish forever. Don't be afraid, the Turkish people will make sure your stay is great.

We hired our guide Ertunga Ecir, to guide and teach us about all we were seeing at Ephesus. I had done some homework by reading the guide books, but he was so knowledgeable and kind enough to explain everything so well. It really tied together what I was seeing and what I had read about before touring Ephesus.

He communicated so well before we arrived and was promptly at the gate despite us being 10 minutes earlier than the agreed upon time. He first made sure our arrangements for our cab to return to pick us up was understood by the cab driver and got the driver's number to let him know when we were about done so we wouldn't wait. This service alone was so appreciated and was a precursor to the attention we received on the whole tour.

You have to understand that guides in Turkey are the best in the world because they are professionals who must have a degree from the university and proven language skills. They must pass a battery of rigorous testing to qualify for a guides license. We met many Turkish people that were working toward this goal and all said it's difficult to become a guide due to these standards. That means that when you hire someone like Ertunga Ecir, you are getting the very best. This was even more true when we hired a guide in Istanbul for two days.

Hire a guide in Turkey, it's the best money you will spend on your vacation! I promise!

2  Thank Paul B