“Bit of a disappointment”
Review of Captain's Place

Captain's Place
Ranked #23 of 326 Restaurants in Kusadasi
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Whenever we walked past this place, it was always full of people and looked great from the outside, but I was a little disappointed when I decided to eat in here. We seemed to be sat in a forgotten corner and the staff were more occupied with a group of people at the other end of the restaurant. The food was OK, but it was a bit bland and my sauce didn’t have much of a taste to it.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We can only add to the unanimously good reviews below. The Captain's House is what a restaurant should be about. Feeling personally welcomed in an unintrusive way, lovely tasty food at a good price. The best part are the staff, Hassan and family. Warm, down to earth and genuinly engaging people. It is obvious that the restaurant is more to them than a money maker. They value their guests. If just one person goes there based on our review then our job here is done. Because I have no doubt that they too will be on here to add to the well deserved praise. Thank you to Hassan, Mehmet and the rest of the family :)

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We enjoyed the food so much that we ate there twice in 4 days. The food was excellent: freshest calamari I've ever had. Lamb chops were cooked perfectly with just the right combination of turkish seasonings, served hot off the grill. I think someone said "super" and I echo that. Definite 5 out of 5. But the nicest touch was the service. The first evening we dined there, the breeze was so cold we were shivering. Our waiter brought over two wool/silk pashminas and covered our shoulders. Then complimentary hot teat to warm us up.

DO NOT MISS STOPPING HERE IF YOU ARE IN KUSADASI.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have been frequaent visitors to Kusadasi as both a family ( self, wife plus two children with friends etc ) and a couple since 2005 - every year since 2007 a visit to this restaurant has been an absolute must ( even to the point of my wife and myself celebrating our 30 th wedding anniversary there in 2010 ! ). We first met Hasan who is the owner when he was a waiter at the Onder resaturant and the first year he took over the Captains House ( as it used to be called ) he recognised us when we were passing and we gave the restaurant a go - we are so glad we did, as the food and staff are superb - don't get me wrong there are other restaurants in Kusadasi as good and better - but if you want great value great sevice from really genuine staff and a quite ambience then this will take some beating! If you are reading this Hassan we will be seeing you in August and we hope your family and you are well. For those of you wanting to try Captains House please give it a go - these lads work very very hard and nothing is too much trouble for them.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

THE best Food in town! Great atmosphere and Great crew! Hasan got à fantastik place! Tanks for Great hospitality! Oktober 2011