“Cruise ship tours, Shore excursions”

Ekol Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #22 of 107 Tours in Kusadasi
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel the breeze of class! All our Tours are performed in First Class Comfort and Style!EKOL TRAVEL has been established since 1985. Our aim has always been to promote Turkish tourism, and to be a leading travel agent in providing handling services for international tour operators which are marketing Turkey & Greece in Europe and overseas. We also pride ourselves in the personal touch we give to our individual travelers. Our executives have over 30 years of experience in travel business but still bear the spirit of wonder which keeps them excited, creative and dynamic.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I recently had the pleasure and privilege to visit Turkey and Greece on the Celebrity Reflection. Prior to going I decided to try and save some money on what would be for us an expensive vacation, by booking tours with local agencies in country. I was lucky to come upon Ekol travel and especially Valentina in their office. Realizing that having a few extra people on our tours would result in even further per person savings, I decide to lead a small group of 10 people in 3 of the ports, Istanbul, Kusadasi and Athens. These ports provide many opportunities for small groups and Valentina helped me organize and gave me the confidence to pull this together. I looked really good, and most people thanked me, but she was the one who made it happen. We had beautiful mini buses which held 10 very comfortably, competent drivers who picked us up right at the door of the terminal, and guides who were trained and professional in every way. Our guide in Kusadasi was an exceptional individual of 75 years (Necdet Ozeren) whose animation made him the hit of our visits. He brought Ephesus alive and had been giving tours here for over 30 years, he had a story for every corner, and we all found them fascinating.

We saved considerably over the similar cruise ship cost, less the half, and had a small manageable group wherever we went. All our tickets were pre-bought so we could pass any line and go right in. The guides all spoke very good English and found the pace we were all comfortable walking.

I can't emphasize how comfortable I was dealing with Valentina, I had 3 different groups of people in each port and she sent me info detailing who had paid, who had not, what to wear, where to meet, she laid the groundwork out so that we all had a great experience. Regardless of the excursion you pick or how many in your group you will have a great experience.

I would not hesitate to use Ekol again, I had no fear of missing the ship, I felt safe in their care. I would recommend Ekol without reservation.

1  Thank ron57nie

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I highly recommend Ekol Tours, especially for shore excursions. They are dependable, have excellent guides, and spotless up to date vehicles. They can accommodate anyone, and are flexible ( as when we added people to the trip). They are easy to work with and respond quickly,

We booked a private excursion for 8 persons to Priene/Miletus/Didyma from Holland America's Prinsendam Sept. 28th with Ekol Tours. Our guide was energetic and excellent, and the van was spacious. The driver was very safe. All of us had seen Ephesus so this was a few hours spent in Greek and Roman ruins.

Priene is not an easy ascent for everyone, but it is worth the uneven steps. The other two sites are smaller but noteworthy. Alexander the Great came here. This was our 4th shore excursion with Ekol.

1  Thank ms mg
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked a day trip to Ephesus with Ekol Tours, while on a cruise in the Med., and all 10 of us were very impressed with the young lady who was our guide for the day.
Her name was Ebru Ergun Tek, and she asked us to call her April.
She arrived on time at the dockside, and took us to the vehicle we would be using for the day. She made sure she knew all our names, and explained as we went along what she was going to show us. We went first to " The house of Mary " and she organised us very well, and got us in well before all the buses arrived.
We went from there to Ephesus, and she was very good both with her knowledge.of all the ruins, and with the way she got us round without any holdups or losing any one on the way.
She made our day, and I would recommend her strongly.
Her Email is ebrue.tek@hotmail.com.

1  Thank Gourock186349
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked this tour with others from Cruise Critic in Ephesus, Turkey for one day 10-1-13 for a day tour from our cruise ship. Our tour guide, Ozzy, was very polite, knowledgeable, pleasant, and spoke English very well. We enjoyed this day in Ephesus primarily because of this guide. He brought the ruins of Ephesus to life. We also visited the House of the Virgin Mary, and St. John Basilica. We were transported in a very comfortable a/c van. We did have a stop at a rug factory school for girls where we were treated to a lunch. We were told it was to be a light lunch, but it was very substantial and delicious. It was not a hard sale and it was very interesting. Would highly recommend Ekol Travel and Ozzy as a guide.

1  Thank kazimmer25
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Ekol Travel provided me with tours for Split, Athens, Katakolon and Corfu... All of them outstanding! We had a wonderful time and enjoyed each destination very much. The guides were high qualified, very kind and fun, they shared with us not only historical aspects but also cultural, social and economical issues of each place.

1  Thank Ana Luisa O