“Fabulous Day in Izmir”

Ekol Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #20 of 102 Tours in Kusadasi
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel the breeze of class! All our Tours are performed in First Class Comfort and Style!EKOL TRAVEL has been established since 1985. Our aim has always been to promote Turkish tourism, and to be a leading travel agent in providing handling services for international tour operators which are marketing Turkey & Greece in Europe and overseas. We also pride ourselves in the personal touch we give to our individual travelers. Our executives have over 30 years of experience in travel business but still bear the spirit of wonder which keeps them excited, creative and dynamic.
Yorba Linda, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fabulous Day in Izmir”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A friend and I recently did a tour of Turkey with a scheduled overnight in Kusadasi. On a previous trip to Turkey we had visisted Ephesus and wanted to see more of the area. After an in-depth internet search and reading reviews posted by previous travelers, we choose Ekol Travel ltd. W corresponded with Ms. Celiktas by email. She promptly and professionally responded to all emails and arranged a tour of Izmir for us. Once the arrangements were made, we received email verification. Upon arrival in Turkey which was several days before our planned visit we received a lovely email entitled "Welcome to Turkey" and it reiterated our arrangements. The morning of the tour we were greeted in the hotel lobby by our guide Inan. We were transported by private auto to Izmir, Inan provided an introduction to the area. Spoke to us about the arranged plans and asked if there was anything else that he could provide to make our day enjoyable. Our first stop was the Agora, Inan toured us through the area providing historical background and outlined the work underway to more fully excavate the area. We moved on to the Archeological museum and the attached Ethnography museum. Both were well presented and provided a good overview of the history and culture of the area. Then onto the main square, the clock tower, a look at the little mosque in the square and into the baazar. We sat and had tea in the baazar with Inan. On the way through the baazar, I asked Inan if he could help me to find a Turkish-team soccer shirt (a request from my youngest son). Not only did he find the shirt but was able to negotiate an acceptable price. Then onto the oldest lift in the area. The terrace at the top of the lift provided panoramic views. Following a brief stop at the beach, we headed back to Kusadasi. This was a wonderful way to visit Izmir, we saw more than we could have ever seen on our own and we had the company of a knowledge, engaged, wonderful guide and a fabulous driver. Thank you Ekol travel we will seek you out again if we head back to Turkey.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Beth W

Gatineau, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ekol tour picked us up at the port of Izmir for a 5 hour tous of Ephesus. The van was spacious. So much room for 2 couples. We were at the ruins before the crowds arrived making this day very special. Our tour guide was excellent. We had a beautiful day and we highly recommend this company.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Louise G
Cobble Hill, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Private guides in Istanbul”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

In October our group of four, 2 couples, toured the main sights of Istanbul with "Sammy" from Ekol Travel. With enthusiasm he showed us the Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, the Egyptian Spice Bazaar and the Grand Bazaar and found a cafe for lunch. This small group was a manageable way to get around the Old Town and the tour could be tailored to our interests. Most guides will take you to the obligatory carpet, leather or ceramic store. You can decline these visits or go and learn more. We opted for the ceramics and were given an informative pottery demo. (Often they have clean toilet facilities) We admired the quality of the ceramics but because we were just beginning our trip did not purchase anything. We can recommend this travel group as reliable, efficient and reasonably priced.

Visited October 2012
Saskatchewan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ekol Travel Turkey & Greece”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I travelled to Turkey aboard the "Grandeur of the Seas" and enjoyed the shore tour of Kusadasi and Ephesus. This was prebooked for me and recommended by friends as they had hired this same tour group before. Our tour and English-speaking guide, Alex were excellent. But I want to tell you the best part! I lost my credit card wallet which these people found on their tour bus. I was already back at sea and they tried to catch me at the next port, however were not able to make the connection. They contacted my friend via email and got my home address to sent all my cards to my home address in Canada. What a relief for me! I have received the parcel and cannot say enough about these great people! I will reimburse the $40US that was the shipping cost(although they refused that) and thank them again! and again! Also congratulations to Alex on the birth of his new baby just 10 days before he toured us! Turkey is a beautiful country and I would visit again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Judy H
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Kusadasi with Ekol Travel was an amazing tour”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were a group of ll seniors who booked a private tour from Ekol Travel with Fulya Tamer as our guide. She was very proud of her country as she toured us through Ephesus, the Terrace Houses, the House of the Virgin Mary, etc. Although very hesitate at first we visited a carpet making company and had a wonderful traditional lunch in their garden which was a highlight and seen how the carpets are made with the beginning of the silk worm.We all had a new appreciation of the carpets once we seen how labour intensive they are. Our guide was very personable and they were on time and returned us to the ship in plenty of time to shop the little shops at the port of Kusadasi. The cost was alot less expensive than that of the ship and tour was much more personable than a large bus tour.

Visited November 2012