“Private guides in Istanbul”

Ekol Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #22 of 107 Tours in Kusadasi
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel the breeze of class! All our Tours are performed in First Class Comfort and Style!EKOL TRAVEL has been established since 1985. Our aim has always been to promote Turkish tourism, and to be a leading travel agent in providing handling services for international tour operators which are marketing Turkey & Greece in Europe and overseas. We also pride ourselves in the personal touch we give to our individual travelers. Our executives have over 30 years of experience in travel business but still bear the spirit of wonder which keeps them excited, creative and dynamic.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

In October our group of four, 2 couples, toured the main sights of Istanbul with "Sammy" from Ekol Travel. With enthusiasm he showed us the Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, the Egyptian Spice Bazaar and the Grand Bazaar and found a cafe for lunch. This small group was a manageable way to get around the Old Town and the tour could be tailored to our interests. Most guides will take you to the obligatory carpet, leather or ceramic store. You can decline these visits or go and learn more. We opted for the ceramics and were given an informative pottery demo. (Often they have clean toilet facilities) We admired the quality of the ceramics but because we were just beginning our trip did not purchase anything. We can recommend this travel group as reliable, efficient and reasonably priced.

There are newer reviews for Ekol Travel - Day Tours

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I travelled to Turkey aboard the "Grandeur of the Seas" and enjoyed the shore tour of Kusadasi and Ephesus. This was prebooked for me and recommended by friends as they had hired this same tour group before. Our tour and English-speaking guide, Alex were excellent. But I want to tell you the best part! I lost my credit card wallet which these people found on their tour bus. I was already back at sea and they tried to catch me at the next port, however were not able to make the connection. They contacted my friend via email and got my home address to sent all my cards to my home address in Canada. What a relief for me! I have received the parcel and cannot say enough about these great people! I will reimburse the $40US that was the shipping cost(although they refused that) and thank them again! and again! Also congratulations to Alex on the birth of his new baby just 10 days before he toured us! Turkey is a beautiful country and I would visit again.

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were a group of ll seniors who booked a private tour from Ekol Travel with Fulya Tamer as our guide. She was very proud of her country as she toured us through Ephesus, the Terrace Houses, the House of the Virgin Mary, etc. Although very hesitate at first we visited a carpet making company and had a wonderful traditional lunch in their garden which was a highlight and seen how the carpets are made with the beginning of the silk worm.We all had a new appreciation of the carpets once we seen how labour intensive they are. Our guide was very personable and they were on time and returned us to the ship in plenty of time to shop the little shops at the port of Kusadasi. The cost was alot less expensive than that of the ship and tour was much more personable than a large bus tour.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friends and I booked 2 tours with Ekol Travel while on a Meriterranian cruise in October 2012. The first tour was a full day tour of Istanbul. Our guide was Semih--we called him Sammy.
He was a delightful young man and a great guide. Very knowledgeable. We did not want to tour a rug factory and he did not pressure us to do so.
All in all it was a great day.
We also booked a 1/2day tour with Ekol for Ephesus. Our guide was Mithat. Again a pleasant young man and a knowledgeable guide.
Valentina responded to my e-mails very quickly and was very helpful when we had to change things about our tour.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a great experience with Ekol Travel. Valentina was easy to work with when we were booking. Our guides in Ephesus and Istanbul were knowledgeable about the area and very entertaining. I would take a trip with them again.

1  Thank Shelly S