Hotel Ogerim
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kusadasi(Kusadasi)(Great Value!)
$53
Priceline
$34
$33
  • Beachfront
Tuntas Family Suites Kusadasi(Kusadasi)(Great Value!)
$23
$15
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The appartments were very small but would have been ok if the staff were freindly which they were not, they would chase you up for money all the time. I got a small bottle of water in the morning and then went shopping when my husband went to the bar about an hour latter my husband was asked to pay my bill a hole 1.5 lira. When kids were playing at the pool the were told to be quite all the time if they dont want kids there make it an adult only hotel. My freind was on the sixth floor and the lift was allways breaking down . We paid £60 for air condition which did not work when we told the staff we were told it was because it was hot outside after a lot of arguing they finely sorted it. The hotel is at the top of a very large hill i consider my self quit fit as i go to the gym 4 times a week but after walking up the hill once it was taxes everwhere which got quit expensive. The food in the hotel was very poor so we had to travel in to town for every meal.

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel there a lot of nice ones in kusidash
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Please read the following experience……

This holiday was booked for sun master as a last minute deal now I can clearly see why this travel agent was desperate to give this trip away. On arriving in Turkey the transfer company run by cowboys (holidays 4 u) didn’t have a clue. We waited on a coach for two hours before leaving the airport on a very hotel day because an arriving flight back with other holiday makers was delayed. When asked why the coach driver couldn’t just come back for them we were told ‘No speak english’ despite the fact that I’d had a conversation for ten minutes before hand.

We finally left after 2hours 30mins and the first stop was a petrol station, suddenly his excellent English returned money was involved. By this time other English holiday makers with small children let rip and demanded that we continue to the hotels much to the reps disgust. One the first stop a lady with her mother who was clearly suffering from a medical condition was drop off on a small rocky road by the motorway and told to make their way across the road to their hotel. I’m sure you could image how disgusted they felt when the tour rip smiled and said sorry.

This whole ordeal took another 1 hour 30mins before I was told to leave the coach and a mini bus would pick us up. After 5 minutes van arrived, the driver looked like a child said hello then threw our cases into the boot and drove like a mad man to the hotels. Upon arriving at the Sahin Yuvasi hotel I heard approximately 20 dogs barking at once from all directions.

I was greeted by a very moody, scruffy looking bell boy that spoke no English who instructed that I sit and wait from something???? After waiting 5 minutes at the desk a manager finally decided to show his face and handed a hotel key to the bell boy. He took passport and just stared expressionless with even a hello, after handing back the required documents I was shown to the room. The bellboy didn’t even bother to take my bags and insisted we use the stairs to floor 2. Image my surprised when upon entering the room he asked for a tip, quite frankly told him where to go for a tip.

The room it self was clean with a decent shower, however the TV was place so high that even for a 6ft.1 bloke I had to stretch for the on switch. The maids came and cleaned the room everyday without fail and were very polite when asked a question. However the Air con cost £70 for the week and the hotel safe was the same price which was clearly a rip off. The room had a balcony which faced wall with tree’s (picture can be provided) and looking down a load of old rusted iron.

At night the dogs barked from 3am-5.00 non stop first one then all of them would start. As previous reviews stated that light sleepers will find this hotel a nightmare what others have said is actually true. Most of the houses in this area have dogs and these pets are kept outside. The hotel is situated right on top of a very steep hill that has lots of uneven/broken cobble stones. Anyone who has issues walking would up this hill extremely difficult especially during the day.

The hotel was very cheap budget and in my view doesn’t even make a one star, for example pool area had lots of broken tiles and the main is not children friendly plus very deep. The lift light for some reason will leave you in darkness when in operation and once stopped on then lights up. No hot water after 8pm plus the toilet wouldn’t stop flushing for a least 10 minutes. Bed sheets very itchy whilst the bathroom room
floor tiles were broken and very dangerous.

Breakfast was a joke not even a buffet plus the waiters decided the holiday makers eat, for example one boiled egg, four pieces of bread, four olives, one piece of processed cheese, four slices of cucumber and a very small pot of jam. Fresh orange just cost extra and it actually poured from a carton so please be warned.

For those who want to Sunday bath go to the beach instead no point in waiting till 3pm because that’s when the sun finally hits the hotel because the sunbathing area is directly between two tall buildings.

The beach is a fifteen minute walk or 5 minutes on the bus, taxis charged 10 lira with a big of haggling. The breach is generally crowded and beds cost 5 lira for the day, add another 5 lira for an umbrella . Lots of Turkish men walking up and down looking for mainly British blondes, one girl had her bag stolen and other was assaulted by a group of Turkish men.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank intelligentguy37
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We came for 2 weeks but my husband ended up in hospital (major op) for our last week Ogun rang the doctor and got us to the hospital he rang every day to check on my husbands progress and even though the hotel was full came with his wife to see us and brought a lovely bunch of flowers we had to stay another week everyone was so kind and helpful they made the rest of the holiday wonderful took all the stress and worry away told us not to worry about paying. I just can't praise them enough they make you feel like family and genuinely care about the people who stay here you're not guests your valued friends highly recommend the chef's chicken kebabs too. Absolutely wonderful people xx

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank karbill89
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here for 8 days and had a wonderful time with our 2 year old son. The hotel is small, cosy
and well organized. The staff was really friendly. Ogun, the owner speaks English very well and is very helpful. The day we ordered a taxi to go to the Millipark something came in between and taxied us there and picked us up. As we were in the beginning of the season they filled the small pool for our son and all have the staff were crazy with him. The rooms are nicely renovated and all have airconditioning. Every morning the turkish breakfast was good. The drinks they serve are very price worthy, no way you can find it anywhere else for that price. The dinners, also great! No menucards but really good turkish meals. The first time we had dinner he checked what he had and we were stunned. For the other evenings they asked us if we would stay for the bbq and again, perfect! Nice meat and fresh fish. All for a reasonable price. The swimming pool is spacious enough, the space around the pool is a bit on the small side, which made it a bit difficult to play ball with my son and you have to keep alert on his whereabouts, but then again with his 2 years, we would have that everywhere. The beds and parasols are clean and in good shape. The hotel is situated on the hill between the centre and Ladies beach. Both you can easily reach by foot, but going back we would recommemd to take a taxi because it is quit a walk up! The good thing abouth the location is that the temperature is by far better in the evening then in the centre. We would go here again definitly.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank koersn
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Disregard "When did you stay here ...." and the star rating for this hotel - it's a requirement to choose one and i only wanted to address the issue of the hill down to the main shopping area and bar street etc. I have never actually stayed at this hotel.

As far as i know (from many holidays in Kusadasi - a few of my hotels have been located in the "Tuesday market area" (top of the hill from bar street down in centrum), the dolmus goes up that area to and from centrum and i do know there is a bus stop outside Dilek hotel because i used to get off there to get to my hotel - i never walked up that hill nor did i ever need to get a taxi. The dolmus coming from centrum goes along the main road then turns right at Migros supermarket and goes uphill into "Tuesday market area"
I quite like this area as the hotels and pensions are scattered amongst locals' houses and apartments, so you get to see the locals going about their everyday lives etc.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo