“Crooks” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ferah Restaurant

Ferah Restaurant
Ranked #156 of 289 Restaurants in Kusadasi
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portlaoise, Ireland
“Crooks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Robbing B*&"!ards!!!!!!! Me and my partner had 2 drinks each, we were in Kussadassi 10 days at this stage and knew roughly the price the 4 drinks alltogether should have cost... We asked for the bill and 1 waiter just just wrote the price on a piece of paper.. It was twice the price it should have being. I questioned the manager he went off and game back with another bill half the price of the original bill...... I got very annoyed with him and really let him know this...... STAY A MILLION MILES AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Ken F

• Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“RIP OFF! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Decided to go and look at the "menu" for this place as had tried most of the other restaurants near the port. Myself and my girlfriend were immediately taken to a back room where we were shown fish and other foods but no menu! They seemed to want to barter on the price of the fish and told my girlfriend they could provide her a pizza (normally 15 TL in most places). Even the manager was called when we tried to say we wanted to go and think about it and between them they convinced us to eat there. Big mistake as we still hadn't been shown a menu but I had successfully bartered the price of the sea bass from 50 to 40 TL so thought we'd go for it. My girlfriend ordered a cocktail (we thought would be 20 TL at worst!) and I had a beer. The fella who looked after us was charming in a smarmy kind of way but you get used to that in Kusadashi! When the bill arrived he had charged 35 TL for the cocktail and 30 TL for the marguerite pizza!! He justified this by saying they had to get the pizza from another restaurant because they don't do them! Appeared they also wanted to double their money on this pizza! I refused to pay more than 15 TL for the pizza and the guy didn't really argue, but he then had the gall to ask where his tip was. HE then also had the nerve to try to push us to his "friend" who would take us to his bar and have a BOGOF cocktail! His friend didn't seem to understand "NO" so I had to be quite forceful in telling him we were NOT going to his bar.

All in all this was a poor experience indeed and a complete con. Why would you ever go back to somewhere that is so dishonest about the way it conducts it's business?!!

MORAL OF STORY: DON'T EAT SOMEWHERE THAT WON'T SHOW YOU A MENU. I TAKE SOME BLAME FOR STAYING BUT DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Pablojohnsonsen
Bruges, Belgium
“Avoid this bunch of con artist”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I wonder how much the reviewer of lp was paid to recommend this place. We were given a bill of 175 lira for 1 red snapper, 5 prawns, 2 glasses of wine and an orange juice.

When we wanted more information of the bill, it was quickly turned round and showed 150. According to my gf he wrote this down when he saw i was taking notes.

The notes are the following:
+ nice location
+ fish was good
- unchilled white wine
- holes in table clothes and chairs
- vastly overpriced
- 4 tl for old bread
- no presentation on the plate nor any extra effort but baking the fish
- dirty windows
- dirty toilets

I work hard for my money. When i pay a bit more for a more upclass experience, i would expect a minimum of effort.

This place is a disgrace for all honest turks and it makes me doubt the objectivity of my until now favourite travel guide.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Koja78
australia
“Do not be fooled and stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was also recommended by one of the staff at our hotel. And boy, were we taken for a ride...there was no menu, everything was 'market price' or prices were plucked out of the air. I know we should have left before sitting down but ended up staying. None of the food was exceptional and a few entree size dishes for three cost a total of TRY 160! The most expensive and unworthy money spent in Turkey. I would seriously recommend steering clear of this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank perth_oz888
Utrecht
“Very nice spot, food nothing extraordinary, price way too high”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is in a excellent location near the waterfront. According to the travel book, the food was supposed to be superb. Well, it wasn't. Fresh fish was ok, but no more than that. Served without side-dishes. Not worth the money compared to e.g. the fishmarket in Fethiye. Unpleasant surprise when we received the bill: extra charge 4 TL for bread (never had this before in Turkey!) AND 6 TL for VAT... All unannounced. Needless to say they didn't get a tip...

1 Thank JessicaUtrecht