“Great Ephesus Tour”

Ephesus Kusadasi Guide
Ranked #7 of 105 Tours in Kusadasi
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Guided Tours with expert tour guides from Kusadasi Cruise Port to Ancient Cities of Ephesus, Celsus Library, Great Theater, House of Virgin Mary.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I arranged this small group tour in September for a November cruise stopping in Kusadasi. The registration was online and very easy to complete. We chose the site tour as well as the Terrace Houses for a total of $55 per person. This price included all the transportation from the port and back. Our guide, Tugrul Sokmen was very well versed in the history of Esphesus as well as points of interest along the way. His English was excellent. This tour was much preferred to those offered by the ship as we traveled by a small van-only 6 of us as well as the driver, Hakan, and Tugrul. It was a much more personable and fun experience. Ephesus is a must see and it was one of the highlights of our entire trip thanks to the excellent service provided by Kusadasi Tours. When I return to Turkey I will definitely hire this company again.

1  Thank dsa2013
"transfer"
in 9 reviews
"excavations"

Reviewed March 27, 2013

i have used the service from izmir to kusadasi and back again a few times last year. it is an excellent service, the driver is always on time and always very polite. when i went in december i landed in the early hours of the morning, and the driver brought me up the door of my appartment. i felt very safe i would not hesitate to recommend these.i will be booking again for my next trip

Reviewed March 21, 2013

With only 8 of us in a van with driver AND the tour guide,we not only paid less than half of the ship price but we weren't herded around in a bus of 45. We had a personal tour of the Terraced Houses included. The guide has excellent English and has a great sense of humour.

2  Thank Rottenmutts
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I used Kusadasi Tours for: (1) Airport transportation in Istanbul (2) Istanbul city tours (3) Guided tour of Ephesus. We booked from the states--we were actually able to speak with the owner, Tugrul Sokmen, and also communicated by email. Tugrul handled all of our arrangements and addressed every detail.
(1) Transportation: Even though our flight to Istanbul arrived early, miraculously Tayfun and his driver were there waiting for us. Tayfun was fabulous--the ride to the hotel was actually fun (in spite of our exhaustion)! And Tayfun didn't just drop us off in front of the hotel. He accompanied us inside and made sure everything went well at check in.
(2) Istanbul City Tour: We'd done our research and had no qualms about exploring Istanbul on our own. But we enjoyed Tayfun so much that we decided to take a guided tour of Istanbul. DO IT!!! It was the best! In fact, we had such a great time we toured a second day with Tayfun. We visited neighborhoods and little restaurants that we never would have discovered. Aside from Tayfun's knowledge of history and sights, his enthusiasm and zeal for life made our visit to Istanbul unforgettable. Definitely, definitely, definitely book a tour with Tayfun!!!
(3) Guided Tour of Ephesus: After a fabulous week in Istanbul, we embarked on a cruise that stopped at Kusadasi. (Ephesus is situated a 25 minute drive from the port). Rather than being herded around in a group, we booked a tour for two with Kusadasi Tours. Again, we were met exactly as arranged. Ilker Eti was our guide. Although we had studied Ephesus prior to travel, having Ilker made such a difference. We didn't have to hunt for various spots of interest--Ephesus is huge! Ilker pointed out many things we would have missed. It was great having his insights. In fact, we decided to add House of the Virgin Mary on our tour because we were enjoying Ilker so much. On our return to port, we were able to stop at several places that interested us. It was terrific having that kind of flexibility (not to mention the best use of your time).
To answer several questions we've been asked: Yes, our guides from Kusadasi Tours spoke excellent English! Yes, the vans are nice and are air conditioned--very important in Turkey. Yes, wear sunscreen and a dorky hat in Ephesus (there isn't shade) and visit the Terrace Houses.
And YES, treat yourself to Kusadasi Tours and be in for a fabulous time!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited Ephesus as part of the cruise my family took last sumer. While preparing the vacation, my husband had made a careful selection of all available tour operators in Kusadasi, that provided the service. We never regreted that we took The Ephesus Kusadasi Tours for visiting Ephesus! At the appointed hour, the guide was waiting for us at the exit of the Port, there was an air-conditioned bus at our disposal, and a welcome bottle of cool water for everyone. This immediate hospitality together with the smile, very good English and great jokes of the guide settled a warm and friendly athmosphere which stayed during the whole trip. We learned a lot, we saw a lot and even my son (9 years old boy) enjoyed the long walk on the dusty and hot ruins of old Ephesus. I can truly say that out of all 26 places we visited that summer within the 3 vacation weeks, we DO remember Ephesus as one of the most impressive places. I believe that was because of the guided tour we took, and the personality and proffesionalism of the guide. The story we heard touched upon the old ruins, contemporary Turkey, archeology, historical heritage and modern times... I loved it. I wholeheartedly recommend this operator, it will be a pleasure for you, I promise :-)

4  Thank gergana k