“Nice new hotel, but staff needs training in customer service”

Lavista Boutique Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed October 28, 2012

For our base for a tour of Ephesus, we found a relatively new hotel called LaVista Hotel, http://www.lavistahotel.net/index_en.html.
It was within walking distance of the tourist area in Kusadasi. It sits on a cliff above a pretty cove. It does not have direct beach access, but apparently there is a spot to swim in the ocean nearby.
It has a lovely pool and all rooms have ocean views. The rooms were clean and spacious but of an odd decor--our room was all pink and flowers, not what one expects from an oceanside hotel.
The food in the restaurant was actually quite good--excellent seafood. The breakfast was tasty, but certain beverages were extra--cappucinos and espressos and juices. The regular coffee was awful.
My only real complaint was the service. The staff do not speak English well so we had some trouble communicating with the servers at the pool and restaurant. Also, we arrived there after a long day of travel. As we were checking in, I asked the woman checking me in for a glass of water. She declined and told me that I had to get water from my mini bar in my room at $3.50 US after we completed check-in (which took 30 minutes). We were taking two rooms for two nights and they could not give me a drink of water! I would have complained but she was the manager on duty. I thought that the hotel could use some training in customer service! Also, the water at the restaurant is less expensive than the minibar. Better yet, walk into town and buy water and beverages for the fridge in the room.

Room Tip: Suites were quite spacious. I would also get a room on a high floor for sweeping views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Lavista Boutique Hotel

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Though the room was clean, bathroom is spacious and view from the balcony is very nice, service and charges remain a thing of concern. They don't provide even a small bottle of water in the room and a bottle is charged at TL 5. Breakfast is same all days and spread is also very very minimal. With no variety in fruits and cereals (only corn flakes). Don't dine over there. Prices are rocket high and quantity is too less. They charge for Kuvar(bread) even if you do not order it in restaurant. I had a fight over this and when I threatened to comment on Tripadvisor then and there, they offered me free bottles of water and removed Kuvar (bread) charges from my bill. Staff in the restaurant have lots of attitude, though at reception are better.

Room Tip: All their are room are sea facing so select any one. Rooms in 2nd building have a view of Swimming p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krishna D
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights, a beautiful, well decorated hotel with a magnificent view and well-appointed large rooms.

However, whilst breakfast is quite good, do not eat lunch/dinner at the restaurant. Poor quality food, particularly for the high (for Turkey) price.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank AussieJazzman
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After four days on the road with our tour group, we arrived at this sea front hotel with a fine view over the Aegean and a beautiful infinity pool. We had a spacious room with a large balcony facing the sea. Several of our group had opted to stay on there for a few days, a good choice. We would happily return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John1944
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in a corner suite on the top floor. It was very spacious with a balcony overlooking the sea. The only problem with the room is that the air con isn't up to the job of cooling the area down quickly enough. The views from the balcony/ pool are great but get a sun lounger early as there aren't too many.
As usual in Turkey, the service lets down the best hotels but if you go there knowing that you'll have a great stay.

Room Tip: The White Suite at the corner of the top floor was great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank b0ngo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really don't think the view in this location can be beat. We stayed here one night after an Ephesus tour and spent 3 hours in the pool for a nice rest after all the walking. Just a flat out amazing view. The rooms themselves were clean (white) and we weren't bothered for any packages. The only odd thing was that they asked for us to pay for the rooms up front, which was a little strange. Breakfast was good, but again, it's all about the view.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kkumar03
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two days in early September. The hotel has a beautiful view and good location. It also has a nice pool and a decent restaurant. But the management and the services were rather poor. We could hardly get any WIFI connection in our room through out the stay, but it turned out to be the least of our problems during the stay.

On the second day, when we returned from our tour, our safe deposit box was being tempered, and money stolen. Someone unlocked our room door and tried to come into our room unannounced, and fleeing from the back stairs when I followed him to the door. When I mentioned this to the receptionist, he was extremely rude and unprofessional, and told me that both events were impossible and basically just short of calling me a liar. Even though I was informed later that the hotel had a camera in the hall way and the management would review the tape, no one from the hotel contacted me afterwards.

Later we were also told by our tour guide that her calls to our room were refused to be connected by the receptionist. The staff clearly lacks the basic training needed, and it doesn't seem that the management even cares. To me safety trumps a beautiful view while traveling, and I didn't feel safe at this hotel given the total incompetence of the management.

Marietta Wu