“A fantastic place to go on holiday”
Review of Whispering Sands

Whispering Sands
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our Holiday (2 Adults and 2 children aged 14 and 16) was booked directly with Liam via the website. Excellent prompt communication both by email and phone gave us all the information we needed before we arrived.

Taxi transfers from and to the airport were also booked directly with Liam. The taxi driver on the return trip back to Izmir had done his homework and decided to go the long way to avoid the holiday traffic after the finish of Ramadan.This proved to be very helpful as the traffic on the main route into the airport backed up for miles.

On arrival at Whispering Sands (at 1am) we were greeted by Liam and his family and immediately we felt at home. The apartment on the top floor was exactly as was described to us. It was very comfortable, spacious, clean and had both a sea and pool view. There was air-con throughout and a huge balcony for us to sit and watch the sunset. There was also the benefit of a lift to all the floors in the block.

“Whispering Sands” is situated a couple of miles out of town, but the no 1 dolmus bus (every 5-10 minutes) brings you back to within 200 yards of the complex for about 70 pence. The location was great for us as our children could go and do their own things, sometimes playing football on the floodlit pitch until 2am or just sitting talking to friends until late. I am not sure we could have coped with this if we had been in the centre of Kusadasi. There were security guards on the gate all the time to give you extra peace of mind.

The grounds were well maintained, the pool was kept clean and there was no problem with getting a sunbed or an umbrella. In fact there were probably too many umbrellas – (sorry Liam had to put it in.)

There are 2 big supermarkets within a mile of the complex and another 3 in the town centre, all opening until late, so getting provisions was never a problem.

If you didn’t want to use the local bus there was always the option of using Ahmet (the party taxi !) He was always on hand either waiting at the gate or just a text away. If he was busy he would arrange for another taxi to pick up which always arrived within 10 minutes. Ahmet was very pleasant, helpful and always smiling. He took us to Ephesus and the Virgin Mary House as well as taking us into town. We were never let down and he always knew all our names. He is definitely someone that you can call a friend.

The staff at “Whispering Sands” were fantastic. Family members and staff alike worked extremely hard (and very long hours!) The bar staff and waiters were very pleasant and were always willing to have a joke without overstepping the mark. The entertainment was great (and free!), with many nights spent at the complex having a lovely meal and a beer. The pool party, fire show and Mehmet (excellent singer) together with the varied music kept us entertained. Our last night was just superb, a lovely BBQ followed by a Turkish dancer and fire show and then all the children (and adults) dancing until midnight, we didn’t want to go to bed. The food was superb and as good if not better than what we ate in town. We had no complaints regarding the prices for the food and drink on the complex.

Kusadasi is a wonderful place to visit and Whispering Sands is definitely in an ideal location for families. The children really loved the place and we met some wonderful friends and had lots of fun. A big thank you has to go to Aaron, Liam and Caillene for their friendship and help throughout our holiday.

Thanks again for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Air-con in all apartments. They have a pool and/or sea view. A fantastic sunset can be seen from th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hello to the Siney Family,

I just knew that you would have a go about there being too many umbrellas!!!!!
You told me as much and laughingly said you could not see the pool for umbrellas, so I knew I had had not heard the end of you. Thanks Paul....you are a star.

It was great to see you all and I am really pleased that you mentioned Caillene and our two boys. They work very hard and do not get the recognition that I believe they deserve. They have been amazing this summer, just like previous years, and I would be lost without them. To all parents their children are the stars, and I am no different. It is nice though to see their efforts recognised by their peers, so, many thanks for saying nice things about them.

You have gladdened my heart no end with your very kind words. I am very chuffed at what you have said and I am very privileged to have met you and the children (although they are not
really children any more). Your last night escapades will last long in the memory. Yes I am proud of our children as I am sure you are of Jonathan & Hannah. Children are like their parents and you have 2 great children. I was delighted to meet them and equally delighted that they enjoyed being here and meeting the other children. I believe that the children give this place its heartbeat; without them we are just old fuddy duddies.

Our boys got the results they needed so Liam is going to Queens Belfast to study computer game programming and Aaron is going to Durham to study business management. We are very happy for them.
I miss then now and I am hoping I can get them back next summer. We will see.
Thanks for coming to stay here. I wish you well and hope you have a great end to the year.
Hopefully when we are over visiting Aaron we will get the chance to catch up with you for a beer and a chat.

Take care in the meantime, you two.
Say hello to Jonathan and Hannah from Caillene.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just returned from 18 days at whispering sands. The apartment was just how it was described, lovely pool area and loads of sun beds. The staff are brilliant and offer great service. We had a few meals at the pool and every one was perfect. It was quite far out but the bus came every10 minutes so perfect for us in the evening to go into the centre. I think we will be back in June :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kirby141

Hello Kirby141,

it is just as it says on the tin. We describe what the apartments are like, what the area is like and just what it is like being here in the summer. We tell it as it is. Thank you for saying so. We have no intention of misleading anyone, and we certainly do not want anyone coming here under any false illusions or pretensions.
The Tripadvisor reviews are now comprehensive enough to allow everyone to get the feeling of what we are about. No one should now come here believing we are what we are not.
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope that you will get the chance to come visit us again.
Have a great finish to 2013.
May 2014 bring you all that you desire.
Best wishes

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My partner, her son and I returned from Whispering sands on the 14th August 2013 and I must say what a fantastic place it is. After reading some dodgy reviews the day before we left we were thinking oh god what have we let ourselves in for?? As we arrived up the dark track at 01.00 in the morning and Whispering sands came into view, it looked lovely even in the dark of night. We were quickly booked into our apartment and what a beautiful apartment it was, we stayed in 1-A-1 overlooking the pool. We were showed where the safe was and it had been locked by the previous occupant, but the man who cleans the pool was straight on the case, off he went and came back with a welding rod, had a jiggle around in the back and reset it so we could use it. Then we went to turn the light on in my partners sons room and the bulb had gone, again off he went and everything was sorted within 10 minutes, they were the only qualms with the apartment which was nothing to be fair. Where our balcony was situated was ideal for viewing the entertainment in the evening when we had been into town for something to eat, I must say Mehmet the singer was fantastic, more, more we shouted from the balcony at the end of his set, which he duly obliged after having a quick chat with Liam. Whispering sands makes no secret of its location, but personally I think where it is situated is fine, its a short walk down the track to get a dolmus into town, which was around 40p each. We found a cracking little place to eat in town, but I`m not going to say what its called as I don`t want to be in trouble with Liam when I return, but they offer like many others do a free pick up and drop off service from wherever people may be staying. We did eat inside Whispering sands and found the food to be very good quality, but we did like to go for a wonder in the evenings sometimes.
The pool party on Saturday evening was a lot of fun for the adults and children alike, I can`t remember being in a swimming pool at 12.40 am before, beware, everybody will at some point be thrown in. The games around the pool were good fun too, I`m sure Liam will remember us for "The thong" when in fact the lady organising the games asked the kids to get "A fob", easy mistake to make when you`re not used to an Irish accent ;-) There was never a problem getting sun beds even when we didn't get up until 11.30am sometimes, but I did find that one of the lads that put the beds out had a bit of a chip on his shoulder, especially when I went down to get beds one morning while my partner and son were cleaning their teeth and were just literally about to come down the stairs and would only give me the one bed, rather silly I thought as the day before I had done the same and it hadn't been a problem. Overall it was a fantastic holiday in a fantastic location, we met some lovely people there and my partners son met some friends too, it is not full of yobs or Neanderthals like you would probably find in the centre of Kusadasi, it is perfect for families of whatever age and I look forward to returning.

2  Thank Woodygaz
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hi to you WoodyGaz,

It is probably safe to say that one of the most hilarious moments of the whole season was your “thong” moment. It will definitely go down in Whispering Sands folklore, remembered and talked about for years to come.
During the “fetch” game, Julie the compare called out “Get a Tom” (our cashless system wristwatch) and I looked around to see you trying to get the thong off your partner, Karen. It was one of the funniest sights I have ever seen, it still brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. Only when you realised that it was the wristwatch that you were supposed to get did you let go!!!! You are a star and a celebrity my friend.

It was great to meet you and more importantly, it was great that you joined in with such enthusiasm and enjoyed your holiday to the fullest. That’s what we want....everyone to make the most of their short time with us. You did just that and it was our great pleasure to have you as our guest for a little while. Unfortunately time goes past very quickly and you had to leave, but I hope you do get the chance to come visit us again. I can hear your favourite song playing in the karaoke night...”thong thong blue”
Cheers

Reviewed September 4, 2013

A great holiday was had by all 7 of us. All the staff were friendly, nothing was too much trouble, even organising a doctor & taxi when the children had ear infections. Good mix of Turkish & more English food. Great location in the hills served by the Dolmus and Ahmet the local taxi driver. Good pool & bar. Fun family entertainment most nights. One of us enjoyed karaoke with Gary!We had a fantastic time and felt we were very well looked after. We will be back!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Clare S,

You know that one of our most successful nights is the Karaoke Night. It is such fun and it is amazing how many great singers come on holiday to Whispering Sands. We could almost do a “Whispering Sands Got Talent” competition, although yours truly wouldn’t be in it.
I couldn’t sing for my supper but I love watching and listening to those with more talent.
I am delighted that you all enjoyed your holiday and especially happy that you wish to come back again.
It’s fantastic to have people return as it is a resounding endorsement of our efforts to promote Whispering Sands as one of the best holiday destinations you can choose.
I look forward to your early return.
In the meantime be good and be safe.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

August 2013
Just returned from a 10 day stay at the Whispering sands. The 6 of us stayed comfortably in the stylish self-catering apartment conveniently overlooking the central pool area. The accommodation is exactly as it was described: clean, comfortable and generously proportioned and we never felt we were on top of each other - even though six of us stayed in an essentially 4 person flat and my two 14 year old boys were on the sofa bed. We all enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep (event the boys had no complaints) and the fantastic air conditioning units played a big part – being able to quickly cool down and maintain a comfortable temperature. I never imagined the washing machine would be of use during a summer beach holiday and I laughed at the wife for bringing washing powder. We go on holiday to avoid such things, you know. Now I eat my own words. After days out on Horse Safari and then Quad biking through rivers, sand dunes and the beach, the washing machine turned out to be an absolute gem.

All 4 teenagers had a great time in the pool which never seemed crowded despite being peak summer time. The sun loungers around the pool were mostly occupied but even we were able to find some space – and we get up at lunch time! There’s no table tennis facility here (I thought I had read that somewhere on the Internet) but there is a fabulous 5-a-side football pitch fully enclosed and flood lit.

Our apartment was right next to the pool and it was occasionally noisy at night – but you know what, it’s holiday season and people should just relax and live a little; if you absolutely must have silence at night then perhaps try one of two things 1) request a sea view apartment or 2) visit WS out-of-season. Having read some of these reviews I can’t really see the basis for some peoples complaints – perhaps people just like to moan.

Whispering Sands is located a few minutes away from the town centre by taxi but really quite centrally to all the other amenities and attractions the Kusadasi region offers (Go-karting, Quad biking, Long beach, etc). We felt that dining at restaurants in Kusadasi was fairly expensive (roughly £10 per head) and eventually discovered that the food right here in the hotel was easily one of the best in terms of freshness, choice, quality and price. All the [fussy] kids said just how much they enjoyed the food at the hotel and rated it right at the top along with the Rosy Restaurant at Ladies Beach –but with the added bonus of some very entertaining hotel guest acts. The hotel staff were fantastic too – very professional, courteous and helpful.

Transport to and from the hotel to town is easy. Ahmet, the exclusively used local taxi driver, is just brilliant. He was always able to pick us up from where ever we are at a moment’s notice and has excellent knowledge which he shares with you in good English. As there were 6 of us it made sense to use the taxi rather than the local buses but either would serve you well.
Our trip to and from the hotel from the airport was a major issue for us as I had mistakenly booked Dalaman airport for our return trip and Bodrum for the arrival, rather than the closer Izmir airport. Bodrum is 1.5 hours away and Dalaman over 3 hours drive away. I booked these trips ahead of time with Liam, and to his credit, they arrived on time and got us to our destination promptly and comfortably. This was just as well, because even at 3am Bodrum airport had queues emerging out of the airport for our flight home (but thankfully we arrived early enough to be at the front).

A big thank you to Adul Mihjet, the hotel manager with the big personality. Such a lovely man and would do anything to make our stay better. Finally, thank you to Liam – for answering all my emails fully of silly questions and taking care of us (including letting us stay in the apartment free of charge on the day of our departure right up until 9pm).

All in all, great value, good location, excellent accommodation and great food.
Would we come back to Kusadassi? Yes. Would we come back to Whispering Sands? Most definitely.

Brian and Uzma

1  Thank BrianSouthon

Hello BrianSouthon,

You are a very lucky man as you have a wonderful family. I spent quite some time chatting with the children (they said you were still in bed!!!) and found them to be very nicely confident in themselves and well grounded.
Uzma is very wise to bring all the necessities for a happy holiday. I am a bit like you, and also have a very good lady looking after me. I would be lost without Christine...I think our kids would be too. All homes need an Uzma or a Christine minding how we go.

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and supportive review. It is much appreciated and goes a long way to helping restore our positive standing amongst our competitors. Most of all though, thank you for choosing to come to Whispering Sands for your holidays. Without you, there is no need for us!!!

I hope the rest of the year brings you all that you would quietly wish for.
Take care.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Returned from whispering sands 2 weeks ago,we were a party of 9, 5 children aged 17 13 12 10 8, we all had a wonderful time. The staff were really friendly and very helpful, we all enjoyed the entertainment and had some lovely meals in lovely surroundings on the warm summer evenings,
The pool party is an absolute must for children and adults alike the staff tried so very hard to make sure everyone was having a good time, and we did! on wednesdays we had dinner in the open air restaurant while we listened to the singer who was really good and had great style, we also enjoyed the barbecue night, everyone loved the food and the entertainment. The apartment we stayed in was terrific and far out weighed our expectations being very modern and the main living areas being very spacious, the open plan feel was by far the best holiday layout we have ever experienced, I have got to say the air conditioning in our apartment was brilliant by far the best we have ever experienced on any holiday before, it made a huge difference to the enjoyment of our holiday. We had lovely views down over the town and past that onto a wonderful sea view where we enjoyed many meals overlooking it from our spacious balcony. On a couple of mornings we ordered breakfast from the restaurant and they delivered it right to our balcony, it was lovely, nothing was too much trouble for the wonderful staff. The gardens and grounds were all very nicely kept and the whole complex was very well maintained, everywhere felt very safe and secure, important for us having so many children in our party! Out and about Kusadasi town was about 5 mins by car or Dolmus or taxi from hotel, the harbour area was very enjoyable with many shops and restaurants and it was interesting to see the big cruise liners docking there. We went to the water park which everyone loved, and also to Ephesus extremely fascinating very hot day very tiring but well worth it. In all we had a wonderful holiday at whispering Sands and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: We had a great view over the town and towards the sea it was fantastic.
1  Thank coral b

My Dear Coral B,

I’ve been home for 10 days taking a short break and going back out now this weekend...so I have been resting!!!!
Now it is time to get back to work. I am over the moon with your review as it says so much about how good Whispering Sands really is and how everyone can enjoy all the facilities that we have to offer.
The teenager age group is probably the most difficult to cater for as they are more fluid in their requirements and it is a day’s work sometimes keeping up with them; but I think we offer a lot for them and they bring so much fun and joy to us that we would be lost without them. When you sit back and witness their interaction, their sense of fun, their enthusiasm for life and for it now, then you get a good feeling about how your “kids” are doing. They’re ok and they are managing fine without you as they stand amongst their peers, just growing up.
This is what fascinates me most about Whispering Sands...I have travelled far and wide but I have not witnessed such camaraderie and fun amongst recent strangers, come new-found teenage friends to such an extent in any other place I have visited. It is amazing to watch.
Long may it continue to be this way.

Thank you for bringing your family to visit us this summer. I hope it is not too long before we see you all again.
Best wishes

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Whispering Sands, we have 3 children aged 5,8 and 10, it was first time taking them to a summer holiday abroad, so we were a little nervous.
The apartment was just right for our needs, the 8 year old loved sleeping on the sofa bed.
We had asked for a sea view room and it was lovely to watch the sunsets from our balcony, would definitely recommend this.
We had a few problems in the apartment and they were always sorted out on the day.
We never had a problem getting sunbeds or parasols any time of day, but we did not mind where they were around the pool, the pool was clean and great fun.
We enjoyed the BBQ night and Turkish night entertainment, the music always stopped at midnight
Mecit was amazing, so lovely, my children loved him, he is the star of Whispering Sands.
We found all the bar staff to be very attentive and pleasant, Ahmet was lovely with my children, and helped me on the phone to Bodrum airport, we enjoyed the cocktails, my children loved the children's cocktails, and food was reasonably priced. We would like to see more Turkish food on the menu.
The reception staff were really helpful and Emele is lovely too.
The location is a bit remote but Ahmet the taxi driver is not too expensive, his taxi is air conditioned and he is a very safe driver and always available.
The boat trip we booked with Whispering Sands was great value and one of our best days out.
We had a fantastic holiday and met some great people on holiday and staff, it was really relaxing, the children loved playing with their friends in the evenings at the playground.
We are thinking of returning for three weeks next time, I cannot fault it.
Thank you for a wonderful holiday , we were all sad to leave.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are quieter.
1  Thank 40lulu
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear 40lulu,

Yes the sunsets over Kusadasi are amazing and one of the best sights you are ever likely to witness. You could easily spend every evening on your balcony just admiring this vista as it unfolds just as the summer night descends.

I understand exactly how you felt taking your children off on a foreign holiday. It is nerve racking as you contemplate all the packing you will do (as no one else will); getting to and through airports, not forgetting passports or children; hoping whilst you are in the air that your luggage is also on the same plane; the stress of collecting your luggage and the children and your husband after you land and getting through passport control without being arrested!! Your mind plays games with you.
Then you arrive at Whispering Sands and within an hour you have started to relax, and by the end of the day, you don’t have a care in the world. That is what Whispering Sands is good at...helping everyone to relax and have a good holiday. Almost within minutes children are making new friends and you too can start to chill out knowing they are safe and can’t go anywhere. Next day the little ones under 10 are at the kids club for 3 hours (during hottest part of the day they are inside and looked after by qualified and trained staff), and since this is a holiday for you too, it’s time to get the sun lounger, a book and a cool drink. Now the trouble you had getting here is a distant memory, and your holiday has begun.

Thank you for your brilliant review. I have already booked your apartment for next year. You know the ropes now so it will be a doddle travelling next summer!!!
See you then.