“Whispering sands...”

Whispering Sands
Dublin, Ireland
“Whispering sands...”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Family of 5 - 2 adults, 2 teeanagers 14 & 16 and an infant stayed here for 2 weeks.
1st week apt had double beds in both rooms, not great for 2 teenagers, 2nd wk apt was a big mix up and a lot of delays with moving etc but finally got sorted! Better apt with single beds and double bed.
So here goes... I have some mixed emotions about Whispering Sands.. No doubt the accommodation is good, although repairs I think need to be carried out at the end of the season inside the apartments. This is to be expected so it's not a major issue, although mentioned in other reviews.
The site itself is a good bit away from the town, but as LIAM has mentioned this is no secret. We where using Ahmet (such a lovely man) taxi so much it made more sence for us to hire a car as the road to walk to the Dolmus is a dirt track, uneven, dusty and loose dogs around. My son nearly got attacked on a day he did decided to walk, lucky a builder came his way!)
If you are a family looking to self cater the onsite shop will not offer that much. The food onsite was ok, the drinks were more expensive than the town. On one occassion I did find the bar staff a little rude ( it was early in the morning, he may have just been tired)
The large pool was nice, the smaller baby pool could do with being cleaned. Good few sunbeds I think the main ssue that I have with Whispering Sands is that they are lacking an Entertainment Team. I dont think it's good enough that people's children who are living on site should provide this! Hence why we went to the town most nites. The BBQ nite was a bit of a let down to be honest. We have been to Turkey many times and stayed at different hotels etc and always make a point of attending a Turkish BBQ nite and by far this was the worst.. 1 Belly dancer and a fire show.. no turkish dancing or entertaining.. (fire show was the best bit of the night). Food was offered for 1 hour.
Some of the other facialities on site ie: the gym and the softplay area again need repair work..Again already noted in some other reviews.
Whispering Sands is quite safe as it has locked gates and provides a security team.
I am giving my opinion of Whispering Sands, which I am entitled to as this is what Trip advisor is all about... All in all I doubt I will return to Whispering Sands as it didnt live up to what I expected.

PS :

Room Tip: State when booked what type of beds you require. We did point out that we had 2 teenagers but where...
5 Thank Kim M
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi Kim M,

Constructive criticism I have no problem with....what I find difficult to deal with is people telling fibs or misleading on purpose. You sent me an email 8th July enquiring if we had accommodation and I sent you this reply...
“We are almost fully booked, but I can get you a 2 bed apartment for your dates. However I will have to move you on the 1st to another 2 bedroom apartment in the same block as I have no apartments available for a full 7 nights. If you are happy with this arrangement then let me know and I will organise for you.”
Then you asked
“We are now considering going for 2 weeks, and wonder if you would have an apartment available and at what cost?” and I replied
“the time between mid July and mid August is our busiest time. I do not have enough apartments to cater for everyone. It will be a case of first in first served. Can you check to see if you can get your flights arranged and then confirm dates to me asap.”
Then when you confirmed your dates I sent you this message on 10th July
“Yes I can get you in from 28th July to 11th August. It will be one apartment for first week, and then I move you to different apartment for second week.
Both are 2 beds.
Both are sea view.
I will put a cot in for you free of charge.”

Now the question is “why are you trying to mislead people into thinking we moved you because there was some problem with the apartment?”
It is well documented that the apartments are 2 bedroom and also have 2 sofa beds in the Living Room, and sleep up to 6 persons. This is unlike most hotel rooms around the world, which normally cater for maximum 3 persons. You are being very mischievous to say the least (others might use different terminology to describe your actions) and your story is false.

I am very sorry about the state of the roads around Kusadasi but I might add, this is a problem for Kusadası Town Council not us, and is not a valid point to make about Whispering Sands. We control what goes on within our walls, we are not responsible for the rest of the world.
Next I’ll be getting blamed for the bumpy landing of the airplane!!!!

If your husband falls off his lie-low at the beach and hurts himself then please blame the beach attendant.
I don’t own any dogs so you are barking up the wrong tree when you complain about dogs around Kusadasi and try to claim this as being our fault. I believe the dog in question belongs to the builder of that other construction site. Pets are not allowed inside Whispering Sands.

We can easily prove the lie to our bar prices being more expensive than downtown...we know, we live here and we are fully aware of our competitors prices. This is a cheap jibe and it is false. You do yourself no credit in making this statement.

Where did you get the idea that we did a “Turkish BBQ?” We advertise our Friday night as
“ Barbeque Night dining by the pool terrace followed by Oriental Dancing and the famous fire show by Fire Storm”
And on Sunday we advertise “Gala Show Night with International Break Dancers and our resident Turkish Folk Dancers” These signs are on every table, in every elevator and in the entrance hall of every Block...so, are hard to miss.
Our Turkish dancer runs a school of Turkish Belly dancing and travels the world as a cultural emissary; unlike pretty much every other belly dancer you espouse, who work in Kusadasi...mostly they hail from Russia.
You were probably downtown when the Turkish Folk Dancers appeared on Sunday night.

It needs to be pointed out that you did not pay for any of the entertainment put on...it is all free of charge. It is very childish complaining about something that you got for free.

Your teenagers did not use the Soft Play Zone and it certainly does not require any attention or repair...it looks as if it is brand spanking new. Why do you insinuate there is something amiss when it is not? This is a really strange comment to make.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion; we all are. What you are not entitled to do is make false and misleading statements and comments. Just one other point worth mentioning; your sister-in-law was also here on holidays and has now left and gone home. She thinks this place is the best ever that she has been to and is coming back next year. Perhaps we are “Piggy in the middle”

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just got back after having two weeks in Whispering sands, we stayed in 4 bedroom apartment which was the best apartment we have stayed in. It was very big for 8 people.
The staff are very professional and very helpful. There was plenty to do in the day and night for all of us. We had four teenage boys with us 16 to 19 and they thoroughly enjoyed their stay at Whispering Sands.
The entertainment was good at the complex and especially Saturday night pool night.
When the boys went to the night clubs in Bar Street it was very safe.
Have to say a big thank you to Midjet, the hotel manager, who made our holiday. He was very helpful as he assisted with contacting the airport when one of our cases went missing.
We are booking for next year at Whispering Sands as it has everything you could want for a good holiday for all ages ,,,
Belinda Heyworth

2 Thank Belinda H
Dear Belinda 163,

İt was a great pleasure to have you and your teenage family here for your holidays. Great because you epitomise all we hope for in our guests, you were charming, courteous and above all a bundle of fun; great because you have a family to be proud of, fantastic kids, willing to join in anad have some fun, enjoy their holiday and take home some fond memories to share with their friends; and great because you appreciated what we are trying to do here.

Most everyone who comes here has a good time, but now and again we have some difficult people turn up. It happens, such is life, and we have to deal with this problem. But it is really pleasing when someone like you comes along to bring a smile to our face, make us happy and want to work even harder.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the good that you have left here. I hope it is not long before you are back.
Take care my dear.
Adana, Turkey
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived after midnight without reservations after having problems with our reservations at a nearby hotel. They got us into a room immediately. The room was huge with two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, balcony and two bathrooms. It was clean and everything looked new. The kids bedroom had two sets of bunk beds which was great since we have 5 kids. They brought a crib for the baby. Air conditioning was in every room. There was a washing machine in our kitchen with a rack to dry our clothes on the balcony. The staff were very helpful. They even helped carry our kids to the room since they had fallen asleep in the car before we arrived. The pool was clean and a good size and the baby pool was shaded. There was an indoor play area for kids which my kids loved as well as a small outdoor play area. We would go back to this hotel anytime we are near the area. It had everything we could have wanted travelling as a large family. The price was unbeatable as well.

1 Thank Katie_Far
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello Katie_Far,

I am so happy that we were able to help you out when all seemed to be falling apart for you. We know very well that not all accommodation around Kusadasi is up to the highest standard and that sometimes, people will not be happy with the place where they are staying. It was our great pleasure to be able to help you.
We do our level best to help and please everyone who comes here. “We want pool view”, or “we want sea view”, or even “we want ground floor” and so on. We had one family this year who booked their holiday with us and then realised just before they came here, that their flight tickets were booked for 4 days prior to their arrival with us. They rang us in a panic, but without any fuss we were able to move their holiday dates to match their flight dates. This is who we are, what we do and how we want to be...helping people enjoy their holiday.
We take it personal. We don’t deal with numbers, we deal with people. We know your names, we know your childrens names; we even know your favourite football team!!!!

So it was our delight that you came to us and we were able to help.
Thanks for taking the time to write about us.
Take care until I see you again.
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am one week into a three week holiday here at Whispering Sands and all I can say is WOW! I am here with my two daughters (aged seven and eleven) and we are having a ball.
The rooms are modern and well equipped, aircon in every room! The food plentiful, delicious and great value for money. Entertainment wise plentiful and varied. Location for us (being a family) is perfect, is far enough from town to feel safe and is gated with a security guard so you know the kids are safe, also is a little cooler up here with a gentle breeze. Would hate to be in the center as it's so busy and hot. The staff are brill, being both professional and friendly. Big shout out to Mercit the manager (my children's Turkish grandad!) he is a true gentlemen and makes sure we are ok. A real bonus while my husband is back in the UK and I know when he joins us tomorrow is gonna love it as much as we do. Arren, one of the receptionists has quickly sorted out any little niggles we had. Ahmet the taxi driver is great fun, reliable and reasonably priced.
The pool is well looked after so I have no fear of the kids falling ill. Sun parasols plentiful as are the loungers.
Bad points...none.
Am looking forward to the next two weeks.
A perfect holiday, highly recommended and we will be back next year!

Room Tip: If you like to go to bed early choose a room away from the pool. I usually like to go to sleep early...
1 Thank TerriWorthington
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
my Dear TerriWorthington,

what is so brilliant about your review is that you have written it whilst you are still here. Writing such wonderful and sincere words elevates the morale of all of us here. It keeps us smiling and happy because we know what we are doing here is right and that the holidaymakers are pleased with us. This is really important for us...we are after all no different than anyone else; we like compliments, we like people being happy with our service, and we like people saying nice things about us to their friends and everyone else.
This gives us more enthusiasm and helps keep our energy level high. We are in your debt.
Thank you for being so kind. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
My best wishes to you and your family.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We are not long back from 2 weeks in Whispering Sands, We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children ( ages 12,9,4), All staff were very helpful & cheerful, we couldn't of been made more welcome. Apartments very spacious, clean & had air con - thank god!! We found the evening entertainment to be great for both kids & adults, We arrived on a Saturday and no better way to start our holiday but with the pool party - such great craic!! Also the Friday night fire show was amazing, Ahmet the on site taxi driver was lovely, very reasonable, full of local information & so helpful. Our two younger children loved going to the kids club which kept them entertained from 12.30-15.30! Thank you Julie & team!! We enjoyed our chats to Mercit, the Manager, he is such a lovely, genuine, fair man. We will definitely be back to Whispering Sands and hopefully we will meet the same lovely, helpful staff. Liam & Christine you have a great team of staff.
Glen, Tracey & Kids from Dublin

1 Thank Tracey A
Dear Tracey A,

Yes we sure do. Our staff are fantastic. You should have seen them last night at the Pool Party, they were amazing. Many of them are new to us this year and they are growing together as a team and are doing us proud. They work long hours, they work very hard and yet still can smile and have fun too, even at this latter stage of the season.
Our kids club is a haven for parents. They can let their little ones meet and make new friends in a safe environment out of the sun in the hottest part of the day. It gives parents a chance to relax for 3 hours knowing the children are being looked after by professional staff. It is good for them and it is good for you. Parents need a little time off too!!!!

Thank you for letting others know that you enjoyed your holiday at Whispering Sands. I hope I see you back soon.

Best wishes
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Arrived by beautiful air con mini bus about 01.00. 5 minutes later in room. Staff very helpful & their English is much better than my Turkish. Rooms were simple & clean & air con definitely a bonus. Problems with water & electricity at times but think this was mainly down to the amount of construction works around the complex. Sun beds & parasols were being managed better at the end of our stay but as we are early risers never had problems anyway. Entertainment was as expected, you wont get top class entertainment when paying around £300 pw but they do try & some was decent. Areas around pool were clean & area was mopped every morning? Bar staff never stop & were always polite. Managers ( Turkish) are very good & offered plenty of advise about beaches, attractions & restaurants in town, as does Ahmet the taxi driver who was fantastic & if you've had a few drinks his "party taxi" is the best.
Although apartments were equipped for self catering we'd budgeted to eat out & used the complex & town centre. Food is good & ample & A la Carte in complex was very good.
Like all resorts prices vary, beer from 3.2Tl ( local supermarket just over £1 ) up to 8Tl in town ( £2.60) 6.85Tl in complex. We were in a party of 7 & when eating in town inc some starters & 2 rounds of drinks we never paid more than 350 Tl (£140approx). We ate in some really nice places as well as some street restaurants. Best of all the Antepli, 10 mins walk from main marina area & the Marvista right on the main beach/marina front street. On average we paid approx £15 per head inc drinks & tips.
Taxi to Davultlar playa 120Tl (£40) but long way & best beach we tried out of 4.
As a few have said the location isn't the best but we did not find this a problem. Never used Dolmus as with 7 in the party it was cheaper to use taxis.
Would return without question as I feel Kusadassi has plenty to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from pool give fantastic views of Kusadassi. If never been to this area ask Ahmet...
1 Thank Andy F
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hello Andy F,

thank you for writing such a fair and considerate review. Normal service has resumed!!!!

There are so many aspects to having a great and memorable holiday. Long before you arrive you get our emails detailing advice on travelling to Turkey, how to get through customs, collect your luggage and meet up with our transfer driver (we don't do airport shuttle bus, just private transfers as they are much better, more comfortable and bring you directly from airport to us). We advise places to visit when you get here and provide lots of information about Whispering Sands. That's all before you get here.
Then once you have arrived, as you rightly say, our staff will look after you and allow you the opportunity to relax and unwind.
This is what your holiday should be and I am very pleased that this is what you found to be the case with Whispering Sands.
I do hope you will be able to come back and visit us again, and I hope the teens will come too as I know they enjoyed their time here.
Best wishes
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent fortnight here and willing to give honest review:

Staff were great, never fiund them unwilling to help once. 1 reviewer say they ignore you once eaten, never experienced it ourselves and always found them helpful
Location is probably only major downside. Its up a rather badly lit an prob dangerous path in dark but its not a secret before visiting and at around £6-8 return taxi to supermarket its hardly a ruiner for your holiday
Parasols were at a premium for 3-4 days of start our trip but found that 1 morning a new batch of a dozen had arrived an i never really saw anyone complaining
Gym is battered an i wouldnt call it useable
Sunset bar isnt in use with work happening around it so dont know why people are complaining about it
Apartments are fine and ours was clean when we got there an saw it being cleaned when we left

Overall only bad side is the location but Ahmet the taxi driver, who will take you the best restaurants/beach if you ask, is superb and a great asset. Would go back to kusadsi but, sadly, not whispering sands just because of location abd no other reason, its a good resort

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CraigS14
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hi CraigS14,

I agree we did have a few people being a bit silly and small minded, but such is life. They will be seen for what they are and we will just keep on doing what we do best....be the best that we can.

Our location I believe is one of our major advantages. By being a little out of town we can more easily provide the safe environment that so many parents are looking for when they are booking their holiday accommodation.
Parents do not want their little ones being able to walk out onto the high street or the promenade without them knowing. Parents with older children (the 13 to 16 age group), find it easier to control their children’s access to the town by being able to say “we will go tomorrow” or “we will go to town on Friday” etc.
It is not so easy to keep them in if you are in an hotel in the town centre.
So many parents have said to me that our location has been such a blessing to them.

In terms of getting around, well it is so easy. Ahmet our dedicated taxi has been with us since the start. He charges fixed prices and is very reasonable. The Dolmus stop is only 200 metres away from our gate and costs only a few pence to get into town. Many restaurants do a free pick-up and return service. And of course you can easily walk into town.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed staying here, and I am delighted that you took the time to write your review.
Take care