“Perfect!”

Whispering Sands
Derry, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just returned from a hectic week at Whispering Sands and it was amazing. The staff are in a league of their own; they create a relaxed and fun atmosphere amongst the guests. After only being there a week I felt comfortable and at home. The activities at night and excursions during the day are brilliant and there's something for everyone. The apartment was spacious and clean and the adjustable air conditioning was a life saver. I cannot stress enough how good of a time I had here. I would go back in a blink!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Hi Kusadasi2012,

you're right, there is something here for everyone, no matter the age. We have entertainment for the parents and lots of activities and games for the children of all ages. I believe that is why families go away from here looking to come back again. Everyone has had a great time, made new friends and gone away happy and yet sad to be leaving.

Anyone coming here for the first time has made a decision based on what they have read about us in adverts and reviews, or what they have been told by others who have been here before. It means they come with expectations and I suppose a little trepidation...did they make the right choice?
They go away as ambassadors for Whispering Sands.

And that is what we want. People to enjoy themselves and have fun here and then go away and tell all their friends about us. All the reviews we get help us greatly in achieving this goal. We need your help and are very thankful for it. Thanks for choosing to come visit us, and I hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Wishing you every success.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the second year we have been back to Whispering Sands and we were not disappointed. The staff are so friendly and make you feel very welcome.

The apartments are great and give us the space we require. We travelled with our daughter (16) and son (12) we hardly saw them as they were off with the other holiday makers from morning 'til night.

We love the fact that you are a little out of the town of Kusadasi and that the complex is fully secure; however saying that there is never a problem getting into the town either by the on site taxi service - Ahmet is a star, or by using the pick up service from the restaurants.

The restaurant on the complex served delicious food ,we felt last year it was good but this year it was fantastic. The prices are very reasonable and Sean and his staff cannot do enough for you.

This year I actually used the beauty salon and felt very pampered and looked after. Once again the prices are so reasonable and after your treatment you can go back to chilling by the pool.

Thank you once again Liam, Christine, Tavis, Sean, Aaron, Liam Jnr, Courtney, Julie and Ahmet - see you next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Hello PFM66A2A,

we are going to be in trouble next year...we got away with it this summer, just about...but next year we have no chance!!
We will have to turn people away because we do not have enough apartments for all those who will want to come here. This year we were fully booked mid July to mid August and unfortunately we had to turn some people away...thankfully not too many. But next year will be a whole different story. Unless we get some more apartments built and sold, we will have a serious shortfall in supply.

It's a good problem to have, of course, but it will be a new problem for us to have to deal with. There is no doubt that booking early will be a priority for all those who want to come here. Don't worry, I know your dates and your favourite apartment, and it will be waiting your arrival next summer. You did say though, that you had some friends who would be wanting to come here too. Can I please ask you to get them to contact me as soon as possible just to ensure I have accommodation for them.

It was great to see you again and I look forward to next summer when we can get another day out on the Whispering Sands Boat Trip!!! Have a great finish to the year.
See you soon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I returned last week from Whispering Sands with my family after a four week stay and it wasnt long enough. The apt was huge, spotless clean , very well equiped, modern home away from home basically. The complex was very well run by Liam, Christine and their immediate family. I think thats what makes Whispering Sands so special that it is family run. Its like everything that was ever missing from any family holiday you ever went on is put into the mix in Whispering Sands. It was my first time visiting Whispering Sands and my 10th time in Kusadasi i will never stay anywhere else. To me it is the perfect complex. My girls had a ball and loved the kids club which was amazing value at 5 tl for 3 hours julie was their hero. The staff overall were brill espically Sean and Tavis whom you felt you knew all your life. It is a little bit outside the town but i would not see this as a drawback at all as Ahmed is the taxi driver for the complex and he is always on hand. The food really good also. Pool party night super never experienced this anywhere else adults and children had a ball. Cant wait for next year x debiflan

1 Thank debiflan
Hi Debiflan,

what's the weather like at home? Raining again?
Here it is blue skies.....not a cloud to be seen....perfect summer holiday weather; kids in the pool and sunbathers galore, all enjoying their time at Whispering Sands. What more could we wish for?

Whispering Sands is the best place to come to for a great family summer holiday. It's amazing watching the kids of all ages make friends so readily with each other. Then see parents visibly relax, sit back and chill out. I see this scene replayed over and over again as the summer progresses and new arrivals settle in. It truely is something else.

The funniest thing is, we know from experience, that the children are arranging next years holiday back here with each other, before they tell their parents. But then, parents don't mind because their children are happy and so are they.

As you so rightly say, it is to our advantage to be a little out of town and our gated community is the better for it; and I am the better for meeting you.
Get away from the rain next year and come visit us again!
Look after yourself.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Only been back a day from Whispering sands and already missing it. The staff were unbelievably nice and the owners Christine and Liam were very much active amongst the guests. The activities such as the pool party were so enjoyable and the close proximity to town meant you could visit when you liked easily but retreat when you simply wanted peace and quiet.
Definitely trying to go again next year.

Helen

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank helenq544
Hello Helenq544,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us because, as a group of pre-university teenage girls, you have proven that it is not only families who can come here to enjoy themselves. Whispering Sands is a great and safe base from which to explore all that Kusadasi has to offer. Kusadasi is a brilliant little town that becomes a city in the summertime, but still retains its charm. There is nothing better than strolling around the many bazaar streets, bargaining for souvenirs, leather goods and presents for friends back home. Then, take a time-out in any one of the many cafes and bars that line the streets of this Aegean town.

Girls, it was great to meet you, a pleasure to be in your company and you are welcome back to Whispering Sands anytime. You are a credit to yourselves and to your parents. I wish you all every success in your future studies and hope that all your plans work out.
Take care
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Hi Liam hoping everyone is well at Whispering Sands (so wishing we were back there)!!!

We are just nearing the end of our first week back at work and boy what a long week it has been ha ha!!! We wanted to drop you a line just to say how much we all enjoyed our holiday which was made so so so much more enjoyable by the friendliness and warmth of everyone there - you really do have a GREAT team! A family affair which extends freely to the guests.......if you recall I was so impressed with your attention to detail with our booking that I emailed you and said I wanted to return BEFORE we had even been!!!! That helped my family relax as believe me I am not easy to please and I dont deal well with pre-arrival anticipation! but what woman does???? Holidays are what we work ALL YEAR for..........

I had contemplated NOT posting anything on Trip Adviser as once the secret is out it may be more difficult for us to get booked again (BUT on second thoughts that wouldnt be fair would it)??
Good things are meant to be shared!!! It is only if you having nothing NICE to say you say nothing at all.......so here goes!

Whilst EVERY ONE was so friendly and accommodating, I would say a couple of very specific mentions are in order........

Firstly to Sean - what a STAR! He truly is an asset to you, you need to DNA him as it is very hard to find people like him who are so committed to what they do that they make it look easy! Nothing was too much bother and everything he did, he did with a HUGE smile......it doesn't get better than that and I would greatly appreciate you passing on our sincere thanks to him (believe me there are very few people who can encourage my husband Gary make a fool of himself and have so much fun doing it but Shaun managed it)!

Tavish - how lovely, we felt as if we had known her forever with her big smile of welcome and sincere friendly approach - thank you Tavish x

George - you need a wet suite and flippers which we will bring with us next time LOL!!

............and not forgetting Ahmet - the most friendliest taxi driver in Turkey.........his number is saved in my mobile NEVER to be deleted!! The Dolmus is easy and accessable and cheap BUT Ahmet can be TRUSTED and RELIABLE amongst the mayhem of Kusadasi - we all loved him!! He was our Turkish encyclopedia and we came away feeling we had made a friend for life - a great ambassador for WS!

The accommodation was excellent, spacious and modern, we told you what we wanted and left the choice of allocation to you which was spot one! The views and sunsets were were as FAB as you said they would be BUT shhhhhh dont tell anyone the number (not until our next years booking is confirmed anyway)! Overall EVERYTHING WAS GREAT.........I could go on and on and on.......however I realise you have lots to do in order to make your current guests stay as enjoyable as ours was so I won't whittle on (you weren't meant to agree).......In fact I have just realised as it's Friday you will be preparing for the infameous pool party where "nearly" EVERYONE gets wet (wish even more we were there)!!! Amazing fun IF you are prepared to join in............

On a closing note thanks for the send off you gave us (it had me bubbling my eyes out) we had laughed amongst ourselves, given the fact the friends we had met had all left before us we would be seeing ourselves off! Needless to say it was great you were there to see us off.........Thank You x

To summarise the BEST bits - EVERYTHING - the WORST having to go home BUT we came home richer for ALL of the friendships we made.

I know we will see you all again soon and so looking forward to it.......

Debbie, Gary, Nath & Nyah

X X X X

Room Tip: There is a room to suit everyone (most have great views) tell Liam your preferance and he will advis...
1 Thank DebsSinclair
My Dear DebsSinclair,

you know the best part about my job? It is meeting so many great people like you who come to Whispering Sands. We have made so many wonderful friends over the past 5 years and it has made our work here so much more worthwhile.
And to top it all...we then get so many who take the time to write brilliant reviews about Whispering Sands and those who work here.

You have written such a beautiful review that I almost feel like framing a copy and putting it at our reception desk for all to see. You are now back home but I wish you were here to see the reaction of Sean and all the others to your wonderful words. They are as proud as punch. They all work hard to make each and everyone enjoy their holiday to the fullest; to ensure that no one is left out and all go home, sad to be leaving but hoping they get back next year. Thank you for being so kind and generous with your time and your friendship.

I promise to keep your apartment for you next year and I look forward to seeing another friend return once more to Whispering Sands.
All my best wishes
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Myself, my husband, 19 year old daugther and 14 year old son spent 10 nights at the end of July in this lovely complex. What else can I say other than to re-iterate all the other fab reviews about this resort.

The complex and apartments are very clean and very well run. We had a two bedroom apartment with a sea view where we sat and watched the amazing sunset each night before heading off to enjoy the rest of our night either at the complex or in one of the lovely restaurants down in Kusadasi town.

The food in the complex restaurant, served by the lovely Sean and his staff, was excellent as was the entertainment they provided. Loved the poolside dining and the pool party was good for fun for all.

All the staff are extremly friendly, attentive and nothing was too much trouble for anyone.

Whispering Sands and Kusadsai has something for everyone and is one of the nicest places we have been on holiday.

Liam,please pass on my thanks to everyone at Whispering Sands, including Ahmet the taxi driver. It was a pleasure to stay here, we met some lovely people and we are hoping that we can return again next year.

Enjoy the rest of your summer season and then your well deserved break when it comes to
an end. You and the rest of the staff will certainly deserve it.

4 Thank Fiona C
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Fiona C,

you are truely right in what you say...Whispering Sands and Kusadasi have something for eveyone. The town is beautiful and quaint and especially the many bazaars and side streets with their myraid of shops and bars. You could spend hours strolling around and then enjoy some just caught fish as you watch some of the largest cruise ships in the world leave harbour. A great way to spend a day.

Whispering Sands too, has lots to offer and I am so happy that you have enjoyed your holiday so much, that you want to come back again. It is a great barometer for us, as having people return means that we are doing some things right. We are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and we will always want to do better. That is why it is so important for us to get your opinion and others too. Without eveyone's feedback we would have no idea of where we stand. Thank you for choosing to come visit Whispering Sands for your holidays, and thank you for taking the time to write your review. It will be my good fortune to see you here next year.
All best wishes.
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Wow, where do i start ?
Liam and Christine your hospitality and generousity was 2nd to none in looking after myself and the family,so thanks for that.
The Complex and apartments are very clean and very well run with beautiful views of olive groves, mountains and ocean.Sean and his staff are so friendly with perfect english and great service towards the customer.Julie who runs the kids club and babbysitting service you are a legend,my kids loved you from the very start and looked forward to going there every day (as did Deborah and myself)Ha ha for the few hours quality time we had together so thank you for that.Tavis,Arron and Liam Jnr thanks for all your help at reception.
Friday night is barbeque and pool party night and is the best experience i have had in a complex like this and have never seen it anywhere else but if thats not for you well just dont go :).
The town centre is 5 to 7 mins away in "Ahmet's Taxi" and he is such a friendly guy and will pick you up to bring you back to Whispering Sands for more fun and frolicks.
I have met so many great friends on this trip and will be booking again for next year for our family as its the best family run complex we have ever stayed, in the 6 years we have been coming to Kusadasi so thanks again Liam and Christine.
ps...apologies for name spelling and if i have left anyone out.
Love from
Paul,Deborah,Sadhbh,Bronwyn and Taylor xxxxx

6 Thank Lego B
Hello Lego B

it's funny in a way...if I had written a review myself about Whispering Sands, bearing in mind that I would be somewhat biased, I don't think I would have written a better review than yours.

You have been so perceptive about what Whispering Sands is all about...this is very much a family resort and we make no secret of that. We want parents and children of all ages to enjoy their time here. That is why we make such an effort to look after the children. If the children are happy then the parents are happy. All of our personal experiences have been brought to bear to effect the type and quality of service that we provide here. Tony and myself are family people....we try to provide what we would want for our families and hopefully this is what other families will want too. It seems to be that way, although we are keen to learn what people think of us and our service to see how we can improve.

Your kind review is very much appreciated. It takes time to write a review and we are very thankful for all those who do. Whispering Sands is all about the people who come here. Without you, there is no us.

I hope to see you again next year.
Take care meantime