“Best place to stay in Kussadassi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Villa Fortin

Hotel Villa Fortin
Ranked #7 of 73 Kusadasi B&B and Inns
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay in Kussadassi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a really great little hotel in a convenient location run by the wonderful Fortin family. The rooms are basic but very clean with fresh towels and sheets daily. Th facilities are good, nice bar and good value basic food menu. The very best part of your stay here is the Fortin family. Nothing is too much trouble, they are all great fun and will advise you about places to go, how to get there etc... They really care for their guests and deserve the excellent reputation they have. The location is great because it is only a short walk from town in a nice quiet location but no more then 5 minutes from the dolmush station (local buses) where for a small fare you can get a bus to any of the many beaches - we liked Silver Sands best, the chairs have massive mattresses to relax in the sun on.
The first time we went we loved it and have been back several times. Our daughter and her husband went on honeymoon there this year and were treated wonderfully.
Would always recommend this for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have air conditioning, so if that's important to you do ask. If your room doesn...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank alison c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Our visit to Villa Hotel Fortin was most enjoyable, friendly, helpfull staff. Being family run, it was more intimate and welcoming. The rooms were clean with regular laundering throughout our stay. The breakfasts were healthy and wholesome with local produce. The hotel is very well situated. All we can say is thank you for making our say so enjoyable. Rob and Helen from Aberdeen, Scotland

• Stayed October 2011
6 Thank RangerRo
Northwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Recently got back from a 2 week stay at The Fortin Hotel. Only booked a week before we went and the reviews were helpful to know what to expect on arrival. Accommodation is basic but cleaned every day, with fresh sheets and towels. The family are very welcoming and willing to advise on places to see and the best beaches ( Moonlight Beach, just a walk from Silver Sand Beach, away from the crowds and enjoyed by the locals. Very safe for kids). Great to travel about on the local buses,(very cheap) and all the bars and restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk. So many places to eat and all staff very friendly and want you to enjoy your holiday. Met some lovely people from the North East and Belgium amd had a fantastic holiday. Thanks x x

Room Tip: On arrival we asked if a double bed was available, as it was stated twin beds on booking. We had a c...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Brenda P
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and myself went for a fortnight, it was our first time there, it was great, the hotel was basic but very clean the towels where changed everyday, and a continental breakfast was there every morning. It'a a family run hotel, who where all very accomodating to what we needed, they would tell us the places to go for entertainment and for liesure, and the hotel is situated 5 minutes from all the hustle and bustle, i would definately reccomend it, and we are definately going again next year with lots of family and friends.
Graham and Tracey Campbell.

Room Tip: Just ask when you get there, if you want another room they will get you one if they can, it's no...
7 Thank graham c
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

(I like to write my reviews for whenever CFS/ME peers cross this page)

So finally some sun today here & irritating church-bells ;-). I must admit I miss the more smooth sound of the mosques.

It is now two weeks ago I was in Kusadasi and it still feels like it was yesterday I came back.

actually, that is mentally.

Fysically as a CFS/ME patient my pain increased enourmlesly last two weeks because of the grey, cold & humid weather. (somehow, my body only wants start living at 26 degrees)

It was 15 years ago I had a real travel, so I was very afraid a bad bed would ruine my entire holiday. But room 20 was (is) a room with a very good matress & big bed for one person ('twijfelaar' we call it in our language). Balcony, room & bed where even bigger than mine at home (cause I have to survive on a tight budget) and I was told it was the smallest balcony they had. I would have gladly taken it home and merge it into my apartment... ;-) (and the sun, blue sky, people, ...)

Shower has nicely warm water. Normally I like a shower with strong jets. Room 20 has not. But feeling the sun every day on my back and shoulders I stopped missing that.

First week I had to acclimatize, but the second week I had a lot less pain than here in Ghent/Belgium. And the pain that was left was very bearable.

I liked that you could toast bread at breakfast. (because food intolerance most of us have, can't say more becaus I haven't the result yet of my intoleration. As it was more expensive than my stay in fortin hotel.)

My room was without air-conditioning. But I only was hesitating one day for asking a
ventilator. ( I still don't get it why fate put me in this too cold for me & humid country... ;-( )

I wont repeat the other positive reviews about the hotel and brothers, I just confitm it.
It is true that outside there can be a lot of traffic-noise especially from some motorcycles with noisy outlets.
Smell & noise of traffic is what I didn't like at kusadasi (and could make me feel very tired/exhausted)
But I think if you want a real quiet holiday you should not go to kusadasi but book something in or around a small village (where are mosques too) or in a residation with private beach. But I'm afraid you won't find any at the same price/qaulity.

Location was perfect. Everything is nearby.

It was my first time in Turkey and living in Ghent/Belgium where a lot of my neighbours are Turkisch I must admit I had a completly wrong image of Turkey. In a way I was nicely surprised bu the warm mentality. Sometimes it felt like I had been there before (in an other life maybe ;-))
The mentality is completly different from my neighbours who have a mentality that is very hard to connect with.

Kathleen Elisabeth
PS. I was alone in the hotel, but family was there at the same time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Kathleen Elisab... V
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

My girlfriend had visited this Hotel for the past 4 years and was always talking about it, This was my first Holiday Abroad, On arrival we was made so welcome, The rooms were Fantastic and the hotel and pool and rooms were very clean and tidy Small family hotel run by Farther and Three Sons Akman, Orhan, Effe, could not do enough for us, it was my Birthday on the Wednesday and came down for breakfast and they brought a birthday cake with candles which was a big surprise, it was like a big family the beds were made and rooms tidied everyday, Very nice breakfast, And when we left the family were there to wave us off in the morning on the coach was really sad to say goodbye can't wait to see them again.

9 Thank Reilly J
derbyshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

just returned from two week holiday ,very welcoming family mr fortin and his three sons they now have sky tele, rooms very very basic only one sheet on the bed very small bathroom two very very small wardrobes taps and shower need descaling clean towels and sheets every day hotel to rear overlooks several blocks of flats for the turkish people high wall around swimming pool making it very humid at times we were in room 12 balcony could do with a table room 11 only had door out to balcony no window .Sandwiches huge and very good beer same price has in the town best restaurants turn right outside the hotel 1st left where the markets are donn the hill 2nd left the kent they give you turkish puffy bread delicous a little further down near the duel carrige way the filling station best place to eat in kusadasi we wish we had found it in our first week, go across the carriage way take a slight right down to the bottom of the hill the salt box if you fancy a taste of home that is the place fish and chips to die for the mayflower supposed to be very good but after all the hassle you get from them why won,t you eat here following you i told them we would not eat there under any circumstances and we didn,t be warned would i stay at the fortin again yes would i go back to kusadasi no we prefer smaller places like turunc or hisaranou or calis

Room Tip: not for disabled visitors no lift and lots of steps
    • 2 of 5 bubbles