““great location ,cheap,friendly staff””

Sezgins Boutique Pansion
Ranked #19 of 96 Kusadasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2011

You could possibly get a one night stay in a Swedish boarding house for the amount we paid to stay here for a week. For this money we got bed and breakfast with an en suite room that had a balcony, tv with English channels, fridge and hairdryer in a hotel that was just at the city center and also had it's own swimming pool.. The hotel was clean, the staff were pleasant, the room was spacious, the Turkish breakfast was very nice and the location was excellent.. I can't speak highly enough of the value for money of this lovely little hotel. As we had paid so little for our room we were very apprehensive before we got there and were prepared to move on to another hotel if we'd found it dirty or in anyway unpleasant to stay in, however we stayed and had a lovely week.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Me and my husband stayed there for a week from 30/08/2010 to 06/09/2010. We enjoyed every moment of our stay at Sezgins. The room was quit comfortable with a dreamy view to the pool and garden terrace. The breakfast was good and I liked the omlet more. The pool was really clean and we had lots of fun in pool area. We could find some friends from other countries in these games. All the staff were really friendly. I recommend this hotel if you want to have lots of fun and relaxing days. It was great, believe me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank catfish99_99
Reviewed March 2, 2011

love this hostel. The staff is amazing! They are very helpful and kind. They will print out driving directions to anywhere you need to go and they give good recomendations for resturants. The rooms are clean and large for a turkey hostels. The hostel is 2 min walk to the city town and 3 min walk the sea side. I have stayed in other hotels in kusadasi and this is the only one I have and will return to!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hellenyslife
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We had a hard time finding the hotel but once there, you don't need a car to get anywhere since it's walking distance to the ocean and pedestrian street for shopping.

Positive : close to everything and cheap, front desk always willing and quick to help

Negative: The beds had only a small sheet and a thin blanket each, no mattress cover and no fitted sheet. We went downstairs to get sheets and mattress cover but they did not seem to understand and gave us 2 blankets - we used one of them as a mattress cover and used the sheets from the other beds ...
The bathroom smelled like sewage so they came and washed the floor when I told them about it...It did not help much, the shower floor was still dirty.
The internet was down most of the time
The hallway lights only turn on when you walk in front of the sensors, it can be dark for a while
Breakfast only starts at 8:30 am (the cook was still sleeping at 8:40am when we came down to check out and have breakfast)
swimming pool was closed

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Mist59
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Staying at Sezgins made our holiday in Turkey really special. Deniz & Sezgin and all the staff were really helpful, made us feel very special and gave us great advice and information. The rooms are spacious and homely, with functional bathrooms. The only improvement I would like is a rail to hang up clothing - for those visitors who stay a bit longer. Beds are really comfy. The rooms on the second floor - facing the pool (501 & 503) are to be recommended - as the noise from the street can be a problem for light sleepers. It was my husband's birthday during our stay and Deniz pulled out all the stops to make it really special ! THANK YOU, partner ! If you want a great and authentic stay - this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ExpostaySA
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I am always happy when a hotel lives up to it's reviews. In this case, it actually exceeded my expectations. Having paid only 50 liras a night for a quaint hotel in the heart of the city, I was expecting the bare minimum. What I found was a very charming place and host. Sezgin has ensured every detail has been taken care of. It is pretty remarkable that they can put an indoor pool into a city hotel like this. Beside the hotel is the best aspect of the hotel: the garden dining room decorated with pretty mirrored fabric laterns.
I was invited to partake in the fish dinner for 20 liras and felt it was a great opportunity to meet other travellers. the fish has been one of the best, most succulent dishes I have had in my past year in Turkey. I made friends fast with the other guests and Sezgin's friend, Mr. Lucky. We all had a great time well into the wee hours. (and when I wrote later to say I had forgotten to pay for some drinks, they wouldnt let me, saying it is a gift).
Sezgin is so accomodating that he not only picked me up from the otogar, but also dropped me off. While on tour this was my eigth hotel and by far the best experience. Congratulations, Sezgin...you have created an exceptional experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We booked 5 rooms and every one of them had maintenance issues and was unclean. My shower head was broken and you had to hold it in your hand - the showers were cold, breakfast was average and the service was quite unhelpful.

Recommend for backpackers only. Not for those seeking comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends