“will stay here again”

Ranked #12 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
London, United Kingdom
“will stay here again”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I was very happy with my stay. The staff was friendly, helpful and the location is in the middle of downtown close to everything...especially the clubs. Kusadasi has many restaurants, tours, boats and live, free music every night. The Club Hotel Lion was basic and clean. My room had all new bedding, sheets etc...They were nice and modern. The room was simple but it is what I expected for the price. Private bathroom, tv, ac and phone. No frills but it was clean and worked for me. The staff was friendly. It is a family run business and the family was very nice. They helped me plan my day, told me about the Kusadasi insider information. Best cheap seafood eating places, coupons, best sights etc...It made me feel right at home- You don't get that in the big corporate hotels that I usually stay at. All in all if you are watching your budget this is a great place to stay. I would stay here again....
I would definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank frankttm1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I just want to say that our trip to Turkey in 2010 was so great we are booked for 2 and a half weeks this year and taking 8 friends with us! The hotel is basic but has everything you need. All staff cannot do enough for you and the food was bril too. Good location, only 10 min walk down the hill to the beautiful ladies beach. in the other direction it is another 10-15 min walk (5 min taxi ride) to BAR STREET! 2 streets full of irish pubs and markets, its amazing. Cater for all ages. Staying at the Lion Hotel, you are guaranteed a fab holiday at a fab price!!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Lolly1992
england
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We've just come back from a fortnight at the Club Lion Hotel and had a fantastic time. the rooms are basic but they're cleaned every day and to be honest with you, we didn't spend any time up there anyway!
I can't recommend this hotel enough to anyone with young children,we have a two and a half year old little girl,and she absolutely loved the children's pool with the slides as she was able to go in it on her own while we watched from the side. The staff were all really friendly and great with all the kids.
Good location,about a 15 minute stroll to either the town centre or the beach,and it's really easy to jump on a dolmus to get to either as well. There is a fairly steep hill up to the hotel,but it's only short, and if you eat in a restaurant in town, a lot of them offer you a free taxi home anyway,which is not a con,it's totally genuine.
Entertainment in the hotel was good fun, completely cheesy but what else do you want on your hols?
We would definitely go back to this hotel, it's really really great value for the price you pay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank gillyfluff
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stayed here in September 2010. Last minute booking so were given this hotel. I sort of knew where it was situated by googling.

Anyway, we are not teenagers anymore, so are always a bit wary of late night noise and really loud music, (sad aren't we?) But everyone has different ideals when on holiday.

So.. we arrived in the middle of the night/morning. Hardly saw the room and fell into bed exhausted after the travelling. When I woke up next morning, I was a little disappointed. The room was basic, very basic, but it was clean. I always thought that tea and coffee making facilities were normal even in a B+B!! Not here, there was none. The fridge had to be paid for together with the aircon (if you think you need either that is) Fair enough, they have to make some money somehow.

We requested a quiet room at the back (away from the entertainment area) and we got it. Grand so far.

The breakfast was adequate, and was fine, but I am not eating eggs until Christmas!! Eggs every day, although I have to say there was cereal, and fresh lovely bread, cheeses, salami, cucumber etc. for the healthy eaters. We just gorged on the omelettes or fried eggs. You just can't resist them honestly, to hell with cholesterol I say.

The other food was really good. Beautifully presented, and not unreasonable in price either.

The pool areas are divided, one for adults and one for families and children, although anyone can go to either, just the kiddies pool has slides.

We stopped off for the entertainment one night. It was fine, and finished off the evening for us very nicely. The kids are a hoot at these entertainment evenings, so if you like kids, fine, if you don't, forget it, go somewhere else.

For me and OH, the best thing about the hotel was the location. A few minutes by dolmus to the centre, and the same to Ladies Beach. There isn't anything else around by way of bars or restaurants so if you want a change, you will have to travel.

One big thing.... there is a killer hill up to the hotel from where the bus stops. Get your oxygen masks out folks!! But if you take it slowly, it's doable, but you will be very winded when you get to the top.

The staff realised that we were not party animals are are a bit quiet. They left us alone and for that we are very grateful. We do not like to be pulled in to "events", and they didn't push us. That was wonderful.

So all in all, while the hotel is dated, tired, and in need of a bit of TLC, it is in a wonderful location for the town of Kusadasi.

If it's luxury you're after, this is NOT it, but you get what you pay for. And I am overall quite happy with it. The rooms could do with a makeover, but you only sleep in them really. We could have stayed in a much nicer hotel, but would not have the the peace and quiet we were after,

Everyone's views are going to be different about this place. A lot of the young girls have a swoon over the young bar/.waiting staff, and on it goes. The families will probably find it great too. For us it was ok, and we enjoyed it. But overall, it would not meet our usual standards, but we got on with it, and made the most of it.

1 Thank DubJane
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2010

i am so fed up with everyone saying this was nice hotel for first two weeks in sept me and my could not sleep due to dogs barking and cocklin all nite long and noisg guest comeing in the location was awful besides tnat the rooms very nice and the maids came every day she took noctice ot theuo not disturb sign n door pool was nice so was thefood we ate in most nites due to ramadam the bbq was will worth the money thepoolswere very clean done everynite watch them from my room thanks to the entertaiment staff messi dangerous and haks they were great thanks to all the bar staff ozzy and tyson for my speacil cocktails he made me what were not on the list also thank u very much for the birthday cake it was great i meet some lovely people in this hotel the staff always made me laugh and smile thak u all for makeing my hoiladay they only downside i have to this hotel was the danish putting the towels out at six in the evening when the pool was cleaned that evening and the location to get to ladis beach and own centre the best restraurant weate in was rosies on our last nite it was very nice thnk u all ozzy tyson and messi for makeing my hoiladay hope to see u again soon o and also thank u for putting my suitcases on the coach and wavein us off teell tyson i miss him lloads what a guy GOD BLESS U ALL IN TURKEY THANKS

1 Thank jemma2309
Ashington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2010

First time in Turkey and to be honest was very unsure prior to booking but what a shock we got....The hotel staff were so friendly with an excellant entertainment team Haks.Messi and Dangerous (Hassain).Bar staff couldn't do enough for us the whole fortnight was amazing.Many of the guests are repeat clients some return up to 3 times in a year and that tells you what you need to hear.Before going i checked out the reviews and was very happy i chose this hotel.The rooms are basic and clean with hairdryer in the bathroom however only one socket in the room so you need to unplug the news/mtv to iron your clothes.No big problem it was only background noise anyhow lol....
Rooms were cleaned every day and the cleaner was that nice i am sure she left our room until last as we enjoyed our sleep in and we felt embarrassed on a couple of occasions when she was quietly waiting outside to gain entry (thankyou xx).
Bed and breakfast was included in our deal which we manged to do twice-this is basic cereal,variations of egg (scrambled,boiled,fried or omelette and toast.Tea,Coffee and juice was available aswell as basic continental.
Eating in the hotel was in line price-wise as in the town and be warned the servings are huge.We would order starter and 1 main and share.The hotel run a card payment service which is brilliant as you just use as you would any top up card.
The pools are clean and the hotel have their own slides and water fun for the kids or in my case the big kid (hubby).Parasols are in abundance and the banana trees also offer shade if you prefer.The Thomas Cook rep Alan was very helpful with local knowledge and his follow ups to ensure his guests were happy.We would recommend the turkish bath and for the men a tukish shave.We also booked a boat trip with alan which we found value for money and also the reps bar crawl.
Overall a fantastic holiday and we will definately go back
Thankyou to all staff and management
Amanda and Chris xx

1 Thank amandasheldon
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 29, 2010

What an amazing hotel , this is my 2nd stay at the lion hotel and it just get's better every time ,there is a very warm and friendly atmosphere from the moment you arrive , the rooms in the lion are just what u need on holidays clean and comfortable and are cleaned daily and fresh towels are provided each day which is always a bonus, you have a choice of 2 swiming pools ,one of them is a lovely relaxed area surrounded with the amazing banana tress which by the way once they have grown the staff cut and you can eat fresh from the tree delicious, the 2nd pool is lively with music and fun and games throughout the day , there are 2 water slides and also a fantastic kiddies pool.
the staff at the hotel what can i say they are all amazing and make you feel right at home , the entertainment team haks and messi are fantastic and will keep you laughing from the moment you meet them, the restaurant staff and bar staff are also fantastic there is nothing they can offer
thank you ricky,ozzy,efes,dengerous,haks,messi
see you all again next year !!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple