“Very good vacation :)”

Ranked #95 of 154 Hotels in Kusadasi
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Very good vacation :)”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Flora Suites for the last 2 weeks in September 2012 , We had a very good moments there. Very good service, food was good except the meat, every day the staff clean the rooms , two evening there was a special event with dancers. The beach is far from the hotel , so they have an shuttle to the beach, The pool was clean all the time. The staff was very polite....... i think it's a wonderful place and we will come back again :))))))))

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Anidor S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was there in this hotel for 3 times this summer and still want to return there :) So I don't understand last reviews... Here you can find everything for relaxation. Staff members are very pleasant and attentive.First it's necessary to say that this staff always helps you to enjoy your holidays. You are welcomed by smiling Emra in reception,The head of animation -Ali and his wife do everything to entertain well in the hotel and outside. If you want to go to the disco in the city center, Ali is ready to take you there so you can pay as local people not as a foreigners. He always smiles and he is the best friend for those who want to make friends in Kusadasi. The only thing that hotel should improve is its own beach but the shuttle beach service is perfect.
among the tourists are Ukrainian, Russian, Belorussian, Bulgarian and etc.,they are very warm and talkative, so you can make more friends there the food is too delicious!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course there are people who are not satisfied but if you want to rest and relax- it's the best place!
I was there with my friend for last time and all of them are talking about this tour to kusadasi till today.
There is excellent garden on the hotel! and... of course, you must go to the all interesting places outside the hotel, you must go to the Ephesus, to the Didim, Zeus Magarasi... so if you want, and you know how to do it, you can get more than he pays for!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Sea Side are better, it will be better if you choose rooms on higher floors. from the 3...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Roman A
liverpool
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed at the Flora Suites for the last 2 weeks in August 2011 and prior to the visit I read through the reviews here and on other review sites.

Typically the reviews are from opposite ends of the spectrum, i.e. it was brilliant or it was terrible. In this instance the terribles were well in the lead.

At this point I was worried as we have 2 young children to cater for and most reviews made it plain that nearly everything was a problem.

As we had stayed in All Inclusive's before we also had a level of expectancy, but this was
balanced with the knowledge that Turkey's AI is not at the same level at other countries.

So to the holiday....
We flew out early evening, all without issue.
Our transfer to the hotel was not the smoothest as we had to play 'hunt-the-rep', but got there in the end. The transfer is c.3 hours, but luckily we were the 1st drop. Incidentally, we arrived in the early hours and an hour or so later my wife realised she had left her purse on the coach. I went to reception to report this and as I arrived our driver appeared with the purse. I'm not too sure that would have happened at home !

The room was excellent, indeed it looked like it had been recently updated - aircon, fridge, TV, balcony, view over the pool. We had paid a small upgrade to get the higher standard rooms, but didn't see any other rooms so nothing to compare it to. Towels / bedding / room cleaning was very regular, i.e. every 1 or 2 days.

There are 2 pools, 1 large pool with a very small kids pool attached and
another with a couple of water slides. These were fine as all the kids I saw (aged c.4 to 15) seemed to have a great time. That was until a large group of east europeans turned up in the 2nd week and the 7 or 8 men in their group took over.

There is also a basketball court although I never saw anyone use it, and a small playground with swings, see-saw, climbing frames etc. Also there is a table tennis table and table football, although they are not the newest and it was hit and miss as to whether the hotel reception had and table tennis ball.

There is also a stage and night club within the grounds. The stage was used for some of the evening entertainment, but I never saw anyone use the night club. The remaining evening entertainment was held around the main pool.

The beach was advertised as 600 metres away, which is certainly isn't. There is though a free tractor / trailer hourly service provided and the kids loved riding this down to the beach.

The Staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

Entertainment. This was something we specifically asked for to keep the kids happy but for the first few days it was almost non existent. There was then a complete change to the entertainments team and from then on there was something every night - not exactly the Royal Command Performance but good enough to keep us and the kids entertained
for a few hours.

The food. For All Inclusice it was pretty basic and repetative.
As the guests are predominantly Turkish then their customs rule.
This includes not queueing for food, and taking anything they can lay their hands on. It was into the 2nd week before we realised there were large cakes with every evening meal. By the time we had arrived (19:00) they had all gone !
Also, on some mornings there are fresh pancakes available, but same rules apply.
The food is pretty basic and very similar for lunch / evening - load of salad, eggs, ham, tomato etc then a couple of meats and chips / some other form of potato. There is also soup and fresh bread. tea, coffee and cordial on tap.
All other drinks are available from the bar, although there is a charge after midnight.
There is no ice-cream on site so I took a daily stroll to the ice cream stall (5 mins or so).

There is a large 'Kipa' (Tesco in effect) about 10 minute walk away but across a very busy road. The complex also contained a foodhall with pizza's, Burger King etc. We visited this a few times !

Trips - Ephesus, Water parks, Sea trips, Horse riding, mini Sea-World (dolphins, Seals, Whales etc), plenty more.

Things to note:
1. Locals are big on putting towels on the sunbeds, so if you plan to stay around the pool then better get out there around 7:00.

2. Snacks are served around the main pool 11:00 and 16:00. BE WARNED...it is like feeding time at the zoo, especially in the afternoon. The locals think nothing of loading their plates to overflowing and then leaving most of it to be thrown in the bin. Just be ready, get in the queue quickly and don't let others push in.

3. The tiles at the edge of the pool were very sharp. Most kids we saw had cuts on their feet. We ended up leaving our kids socks on which helped.

4. Poolside is very slippy when wet, which is basically all day.

5. The hotel was advertised as a 3-star (with our travel agents anyway), and it was probably just that.

Any finally, if you will be waiting around the airport to catch your return flight then stock up on snacks and drinks, It is VERY expensive. A can of Coke & packet of crips came to £10 !

Th above may come across as a bit negetive, but we had a great holiday. Once you balance the price with what you get then I thought it was good value. Not for everybody, but suited us.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade and ask fro a Pool View. We were in the 1st floor and the room was fine.
9 Thank ernie12345
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My main problem at this point is deciding where to begin, as there are so many issues needing to be addressed.

Let me begin with the principle issue at hand. That is to say that I bought and paid for a 4 star holiday, what I actually received was a 2 star holiday. Almost every aspect of this holiday was in some way unsatisfactory or substandard.
The admin processes of the Travel Agent were poor to say the least and their quality assurance processes are non-existant, if it were not for my own investigation into the paperwork required for this trip, we would have been sent on our holiday without essential documents.

On arrival at Izmir airport we were not greeted by a representative of United Blue as promised, we were left standing around for some time not knowing if we would be picked up at all.
After a long delay a man with no form of identification at all approached us, asking who we were. We then established that his company was providing transfers on behalf of several different companies. We were then told we would have to take our luggage a distance of 1/4 mile across to a car park where they had parked the coach.
Our transfer from the airport to the hotel then took a further 3 hours, due to the number of drops and wide area covered. The situation was so bad we had to arrange for a toilet stop at one of the hotels en-route.
In total from arriving at Manchester airport at 15.30 to collect our tickets and book-in, to out final arrival at the hotel at 03.15 the following morning we had been travelling for almost 12 hours.

Unfortunately our arrival at the Hotel Flora was not the end of our trials for the day, as the room was of such poor quality and in such a state of disrepair my wife refused to unpack. I complained immediately to the night manager but was told that nothing could be done until the manager arrived the following morning. I then had to spend the night on a couch as we only had 2 beds between the 3 of us.
I contacted the site Rep the following morning to arrange for a change of hotel, on the basis that the Flora clearly was not a 4 star hotel as purchased, he agreed, and confirmed that they market the hotel as a 3 star. To be quite honest the hotel may well have rated a 3 star classification 25 years ago, but not having any noticeable upgrades or even basic maintenance in the intervening years I can't say that is true today.
Following my complaint we were moved to a second room which did have 3 beds, unfortunately the third bed was in the living room under the air con unit which could only be switched off by opening the patio doors. With the room having a grand view of the main highway along with all the noise of the constant traffic using it.

A full written complaint was lodged with the local Rep, Alex. Detailing the full list of room faults, including the following.
2 beds for 3 people(on arrival)
the cistern on the lavatory broken
all the handles on the doors/wardrobes broken/missing
a hole kicked in the bedroom door
cigarette burns in the seating
table not securely fixed to wall
couches falling apart
cigarettes on the floor of the balcony
very poor decoration
dirty crockery stacked outside our room(including a blister pack of medication on one occasion)
wheelie bins full of rubish left on the landing outside our room

In addition to these room failings the hotel as a whole was not as sold. I measured the distance to the beach in both directions on a number of occasions and found that the advertised 600 meters, the beach was in fact just under 950 metes away. That made it impossible to walk to and from the beach, as the temperature during the day was a constant 36 degrees.

Furthermore the on site shop had been shut down, there was no ice cream available(even at a charge).

The room air conditioning remote control was not working which meant the air con was permanently on through the night making a noise and disturbing my sleep as I had to sleep in the living room throughout the stay.

The hotel lift would take no more than one adult and one child at a time,meaning either a slow trip or a lot of stairs, and to top it all off the towels and bedding were not changed once during our stay.

At the end of our week long ordeal the transfer coach was again late and took an outrageous 3 hours to make the journey to Izmir airport, and delivered us to the check-in a full hour and a quarter later than we should have arrived.

I'm not going to get into the issues of the hotel food (very poor) and entertainment(non-existant) at this time.

So, in summary we were on the receiving end of poor administration resulting in not being given essential paperwork. Incompetent transfer to and from the airport which meant a trip of no more than 70 Km taking 3 hours. Having to stay in a 2 star hotel when we had paid for a 4 star hotel. And being so far from a dirty and unmanaged stretch of beach that we could not walk there and back without risking sun stroke.

To say I'm disappointed simply doesn't come close to describing how I feel at the moment.

Under no circumstances should anyone consider using either Broadway Travel or Hotel Flora Suites, spend your money somewhere else.

7 Thank ian k

Travelers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I don't usually write reviews but in this case I've decided to make an exception. Myself, my wife and three children, all from N ireland, aged , twins, 9 and a thirteen yr old stayed here during the first two wks of Aug 2011. We arrived in the early hrs of the morning and where given our room key. First of all the room we were allocated was on the small side and did not have pool or garden views as was booked. We were so tired and it was the early hrs of the morning we decided to have a sleep first and then go down later to complain at reception. When we did we were moved the following day to the room as was booked. the rooms themselves are very basic, and the satalite tv stated on their brochure does not exist. there was a tv but Turkish tv is not to be reccomended. I will also point out that we were on the fourth floor and their lift takes a maximun of four people, without luggage, so it meant that one of our party had to hoof it up the stairs when we went out of our appartment. Each room is a one bedroom appartment with one air conditioning, A/C on the wall in the living room and none in the bedroom. so the bedroom was like a sauna. Unfortunately or fortunately our AC brooke down at appox 6pm one evening. I reported it to reception and it was not until 9.30 before anyone came to look at it. It was decided, eventually, that it was not fixable there and then and would be fixed next day. In the meantime we were supplied with two freestanding fans. The amount of dust on these fans left enough room to write your name on them. One of the fans stopped working. I went down to reception , thinking they would give me another, to report this but the receptionist could not speak english. I eventually got my meaning across that it was not working. The handyman was called but there were not other fans available. The only response from the receptionist was to laugh, nerviously, and say 'sorry'. Needless to say we had a very intermittent sleep with my children coming to me in the night saying they could not sleep during the night because of the heat. Now I don't believe we can blame the hotel for the heat but I find it hard to comprehend that a hotel of that size does not have an alternative if their AC breaks down. The AC was fixed at appox 2pm the next day. Fortunately the working fan was left behind and so it became very useful in cooling the bedroom a little. I will now comment on their food. While it looked like there was a great array of dishes most, if not all, were of the salad - cold food variety. For breakfast you had a choice of either salad or a fried egg. On one occasion, in the two wks we were there, pancakes were available. Lunch was chips and a choice of, on occasions, some meats including chicken. Some meat described by the cook as beef turned out to be lamb. The chips were a challange to anyone but especially to those with dentures. They were what we here would throw in the bin before wrapping up the good chips, ie hard ends. Dinner again consited once again of salad, probaly left over from breakfast and lunch, rice and some kinds of meat. Their desserts were unedible because everything seemed to have been dipped in syrup and were much to sweet. Needless to say my children ate very little and so to ensure theyhad something edible, even though we were 'all inclusive' we went over to Burger King, crossing a very very busy dual carriageway, to buy food. Lets talk about the facalities. There is two pools. One is their main pool and the other is aimed at small children/teenagers. The main pool is were they have their games through the day. Hosted by a Turkish MC with very limited english. All of his instructions with regard the games were in turkish so any english speaking contestants had not chance due to language barrier. The other pool has two slides with pumped water which is turned of most of the morning making it impossible for the slide to be used safely. There is some evening entertainment but if you don't speak any turkish give it a miss. The hotel is out of the way for location. so if you think you can just walk to a local disco, forget it!.
In summing up the Flora suite sI would have to say that this is a hotel intended for Turkish residents. We found that everything was catered around them. Staff at reception , during the day speak good english, at night 'sorry' he he he
Food I would describe as very very disappointing. unless you are vegiterian.
Rooms were just OK and liveable for a short time.
Beach don't waste your time. My wife went down and she describes it as very dirty and disgusting.
In four words DON'T GO NEAR IT!!!!

8 Thank 230262
yorkshire
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Spent a week all inclusive with two teenage children and the wife..very last minute decision at a very good price so the below review reflects the bargain price paid...

Flying to Bodrum was a mistake...forget all the quoted transfer times..with a stop...you are looking at 2.5 hours minimum..its a real slog..flying to Izmir would be better as the transfer time is only 40 mins.
The hotel itself is quite a way from the beach..it's a good 15-20 min brisk walk or you can be taken there for free on a tractor with carriage (which takes nearly as long) and to be honest, i am not sure its worth it..very small beach and loads of litter..more on that later.

The hotel itself is geared very much towards turks. Whilst there were quite a few english people there, the entertainment and food were always heavily turkish influenced and this should be borne in mind.....With regards to the food & drink...here goes.......

It was actually ok..but only ok..loads of salad dishes and a couple of meat dishes each meal...pancakes/eggs for breakfast was nice and the soup and bread was very good.

The major overriding issue we had along with other english people there was the absolute gluttony and rudeness we experienced with the turkish guests. I have never ever seen such shocking greed with plate after plate of food piled high and then left on the tables untouched. It was pointed out that Ramadan was on and this may have influenced some of the antics that we saw but the snacks brought out in the morning and afternoon were gone in seconds and then left uneaten leaving nothing for the civilised idiots like us that waited in turn .
Lots of the Turkish holiday makers do not comprehend even the basic way to conduct themselves in queues...it really is like a bun fight to get to the meals and stop turks pushing in and piling plates high with food that 9 times out of ten were just left untouched. It really affected my enjoyment at meal times to see such absolute waste and greed and the appalling attitude of a lot of the turkish guests at mealtimes. The way the tables are set out, its quite possible that you will share a table with Turks eating..not a pretty sight!

The drinks are fine..the all inclusive beer is Tuborg lager and was quite nice..the spirits were also fine..the soft drinks are actual bottles of Pepsi, Sprite, Fanta etc so were good.
Eating and drinking is confined to a hut at the side of the pool and was just about acceptable.

The hotel is very basic..we stayed on the first floor for the first night and were then told we had to move to the second floor!!!!..the rooms on the first floor are much more refined and i would request a first floor room if at all possible. Saying that, the maids cleaned every day, we had fresh towels every day and the bed linen was changed a couple of times in the week that we were there. We has a couple of problems with the room but these were sorted quickly and efficiently albeit that their solution to a dripping toilet was to place an empty bin underneath it that needed emptying twice a day!

The pool is ok..the one issue i would say with the pool is that it was only cleaned once whilst we were there and towards the end of the week was looking quite dirty and unclear. Getting a bed was better than some places but again, the Turkish guests would leave towels on the beds and then disappear to the beach or the shops for hours on end..this caused quite a bit of friction but the hotel management refused to intervene. Getting towels out around 08:00 was the done thing if you wanted a decent bed and parasol.

The picture for the slides is quite deceiving. Its really only a splash pool with a couple of slides that were average.

If you are planning any trips, go to Kusadasi on the bus and shop around..at least 1/2 price to what the rep offered at resort..its quite a nice place and beforehand we had heard stories about the shopkeepers being some of the most aggressive in Turkey..not a bit of it.
in fact, if you go towards the end of town, the shops actually display prices on everything which made a nice change and all the shop keepers whilst typically pushy were ok if you said no......you will get pressured to go to "Murphy's Bar" by the rep..don't bother..there are another 50 places just like it in town..it's really nothing special.

The place itself however is an absolute dump..go for a walk anywhere and there is litter everywhere and a strong sewage smell in parts..the beach was disgusting both in Kusadasi and the beach attached to the hotel.....having been to Turkey a couple of times, it really strikes me that it is so "unfinished" as a country..litter absolutely everywhere.
If you walk across to the Kipa over the road (owned by Tesco), its like walking through a rubbish dump to get there although there is a nice shopping complex and the Kipa area was clean and tidy.

In summary then, it was cheap and cheerful with marvellous weather, food was ok but i would never ever go on holiday again in Turkey to a place that i knew turkish people used. It's an experience not to be repeated!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor..more modern and refined.
7 Thank Martin R
Southampton
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have just returned from the flora and spent hardly anytime there, it was just a place to sleep and have a few drinks etc in the evening. You definitely get what you pay for, staff are quite rude and patronising especially againts women, the rbe alrightestaurant was always clean and the staff collected the empty plates all the time, but the food was quite repetative and although I was aware prior to arrival that they didn't have British food I was fairly dissapointed with the lack of choice, but by all means if you are happy to live off cakes for the duration of your stay then you'll be alright. The pool is clean and there is always a lifeguard on watch, there are sunbeds available but only a few so you'll have to be up quite early to get your spot at the poolside. There is a suttle service that takes you to the beach going to and from every 2 hours which is pulled by a tractor, staff at the hotel speak fairly good English and are easy to communicate with. Hotel rooms are standard, air con worked fine and was lovely to come into a cool room after a day at the beach. Staff were great a making sure there are clean towels in the room each day and beds were made, although when we first came into the room there was a sewer smell coming from the sink which we had to place an ashtry over to cover the smell, which seemed to work. Overall I would say our stay at the Flora suites was average and good value for money at only £480 p/p all inclusive for a week in peak season, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again neither would I reccommend it but the resort made up for the accommodation as it was a beautiful place and awesome weather so I would definitely reccommend Kusadasi!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple