“felt like i was being bullied”

Murphy's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 317 Restaurants in Kusadasi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

first of all i wanted a break from the usual hotel food so i went to Murphy's bar after i received a flyer in my hotel welcome pack from regal travel .
big mistake we ordered cheese pastry and chicken wings for starters both totally and i mean totally tasteless the 3 tiny chicken wings had no seasoning at all just bread crumbs on and the cheese pastry was basically what we call a spring roll with not much cheese and basically no flavor .next the main meal arrived which was mixed grill a little bit better than starters well accept that my chicken skewer was raw i found out after placing it in my mouth but the grilled chicken was cooked right and the piece of steak was not what i believe to be steak it was a steak but not from a bull or a cow meatballs where a joke and lamb chop was ok .then next thing some big guy called franki asked what time we wanted to go home and i said after i have eaten desert and had coffee but insisted we go on the next minibus he put on (he must of had more bookings) we didnt even get desert or coffee and he charged us £60.00 for the inconvenience and this guy is a big guy and a bit of a bully in my opinion i just said we have had no desert and he was trying to be menacing to me my partner and 10 month old baby and said if i needed to go back i had to get this bus now i should of just got the dolmus up the road for 4.25 turkish lira each and had my desert and coffee. but i will not be going back to murphy's or kusadasi after this experience .and to top it all off guess who my holiday rep was who i had to ask for my departure coach home big bully franki who said i had to wait till 3.0.clock to book my return coach .but then i met the other rep smaller guy with long hair tied back who was realy nice and booked me on my coach 5 mins after speaking to franki (this guy tried his best to ruin my holiday and be intimidating but he failed as i am just as big as him. do not know what his problem was i think he just wanted to be the only big man )( i suppose you need the money more than i do that is why you overcharged me )(maybe the next person you try to bully might not take it as well as me)as me and my partner laughed at it .

6  Thank mojorising_11
murphysrestaurant, Owner at Murphy's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

We are very suprised to read your review on Murphys and the experience that you feel that you had.

We take on board your comments regarding the food, it is our policy to ask our customers how theır food is at each course, and will do all we can to ensure customers are happy. Unfortunatly we dont feel that you gave us that opportunity.
Frankie has been at Murphys for years now and this is the first time anything like this has been said !. Admittedly Frankie is a big chap and is normally referred to as a big softy who will go out of his way to be very helpful to his customers.
We can only apologise if any offence was felt

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to murphys everyday without fail as they make a special effort with all their customers, we felt like part of the family there and their customer service is top notch. They are so friendly and polite and eager to fulfil any of your needs. The food is delicious with a huge range of variety and speedy service. I would recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be back next year.

murphysrestaurant, Owner at Murphy's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for placing a review for us on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Zafer and the Boys

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hit this place nearly every day on my holidays. Food is delicious and portions are just massive.. I can never finish it. Murat makes the best cocktails. He's best barman in Kusadasi..:) Staff are so welcoming and helpful when your in any bother. Really have the banter with everyone. Alex is a number 1 DJ. P|lays only the best music.. This place is def worth a visit if you've not been before. Im coming in many years and never found fault with the place.

Hı Joanne thank you for tsking the time to place a review for us on Trip Advisor.

Murat and Alex say Hi, and are looking forward to your return

Zafer and the Boys

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Lovely food enjoyed very much, all the staff are great and engage with you. Usher the rep in fantastic and sorted out a cake for my friends birthday. Recommend to anyone visiting kusadasi

Thank you for taking the time to place a review for us on Trip Advisor, it is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Victor and the Boys

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I've been to kusadasi twice now and both times I've spent most nights in Murphy's. The drinks are good and the food is amazing! It's a nice brake from all inclusive food! The staff are all up for a laugh and are very friendly.
If your going to kusadasi I would defiantly recommend going and seeing what it's all bout!

Thank you for taking the time to place a review for us on Trip Advisor it is very much appreciated by us all.

We look forward to seeing you again soon